Well Done / Thanks Hitachi UK

Evening all,

All too often its easy to slate bad back up from manufactures, all too often we have all been in a situation where you cant get hold of or cannot get reliable technical information. However praise where praise is due and i would like to say thanks to Hitachi Technical and let you know of a problem i had recently.

A collegue of mine had gone to a Hitachi unit that was having a history of Inverter board Failures. I had been called to go and have a look to see if i could see anything that had been overlooked. Obviously a board failure is a board failure but as soon as i spoke to Hitachi, they told me they knew of a problem that the new style conderser fans have pcb's in them and as they connect straight to to inverter board, if one of them fails it can blow the board. Advised to replace both fans and they board and no more problems. One thing they did forget to mention that the inverter board has to have a paste put on the back of it to dissipate the heat (Didnt realise inverter boards got that hot) but that did bring up an overheat fault but a quick trip to the local maplins by the local engineer soon sorted that.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Well Done / Thanks Hitachi UK

Fair doos where it is due, thanks Latte.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

i will also sing Hitachi uk's praises every time i have spoken to them they have gone that little bit further than any other manufacture in helping no matter what the problem

keep up the great work
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

To be fair to them, well done. Fujitsu use ACD who are more than sufficient in after sales back up and technical help. the problem as far as i see it is Daikin in the UK. Nasty horrible awful dire overpriced scrap annoyance. seconded by panasonic, lg, mitsubishi, climavanetta, toshiba, mitsubushi, ect, and of course whoever B&Q are using at any given time. possibly.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

For Fujitsu, i have always used FM and found them brilliant. For Daikin, whos needs Manufacturers Technical support centre when we have "Frank" Best Daikin support of the lot. Cheers Frank