Exclamation MicroLink communication protocol

Hi All,

We have a few Carrier refrigerators and I need to do a monitoring system that read a temperature values from theirs controllers and provide it to our web-server. As I got it have a MicroLink protocol and communicate thru RS-232 interface.

Where I can find the MicroLink description for temperature reading?
    Maybe anybody have experience and can help me to read a temperature value from Carrier controller though MicroLink?
    Maybe present any other way to read a temperature values from Carrier controller?

Thanks in advance,
    Andrey.

Re: MicroLink communication protocol

Carrier MicroLink microprocessors use a proprietary communications protocol. There are two points of contact with the data in the microprocessor.

1. Via the 4 pin RS232 download receptacle installed on the lower left hand side of the condenser coil. Data can be read using either DataView which is an older DOS based program or the newer windows based DataLine.

2. Using ISO 10368 protocol. This is primarily designed for use with a power line monitoring modem but data signals can be applied and data received on the CIC data port. Any microlink manual found at http://www.container.carrier.com under literature shows details of how this is wired. The ISO protocol including signal levels and code will have to be obtained separately

All Microlink 2, 2i and 3 microprocessors have the applicable connections integrated into the microprocessor housing. Some MicroLink 1 units had the same capability. ISO protocol would be the recommended method as the microprocessor is designed to handle these data requests without interrupting the essential internal temperature control of the unit.

Exclamation Re: MicroLink communication protocol

Thanks, Adacus1.

I'm inetersting in data reading via RS-232 because we need a dedicated and inexpensive solution for each fridge.
    We do not want to use any PC program. We have a small device that should read data via RS-232 from the microprocessor and we just need the communication protocol how to read the temperature only.

The protocol ISO 10368 is not fit us, because it requires a PCT system (Power Cable Transmission). We are planning to be without it and reduce cost of the solution.

I still hope that someone could help me with it and give an assistance how to read the temperature values from Carrier refrigerator controller via RS232.

Regards,
    Andrey...

hi Andrey,

Do you send message PM serkan.humasalar@ardep.com.tr

I will help you..

Best regards.

Reefer Mechanic

The data format on the RS232 port is a Carrier Proprietary format, CCN. You would need to contact someone at Carrier Transicold Container Division direct in your local area to see how or if the protocol details would be released. DataView or DataLine are the only ways I know to talk to the microprocessor this way. Contact details for Carrier Container can be found at http://www.container.carrier.com

Thank you, will do so...

Hi All,

Just want to say that I have solved the problem and did the system that read Carrier fridge-controller and send data over GPRS to central server.
    My system read the temperature values (actual, target, supply) and serial number of container + GPS position (latitude and longitude).
    Also it do non-stop monitoring of temperature and if actual temperature is less or more than threshold from target temperature then it send alarm immediately...

Thanks to all of you for the help!

Regards,
    Andrey.

chapomtz Guest

Hi Andrey

I need to get in contact with you for details on your solution

email please: cometunas@hotmail.com

Chapomtz

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyNekhamkin View Post
    Hi All,

Just want to say that I have solved the problem and did the system that read Carrier fridge-controller and send data over GPRS to central server.
    My system read the temperature values (actual, target, supply) and serial number of container + GPS position (latitude and longitude).
    Also it do non-stop monitoring of temperature and if actual temperature is less or more than threshold from target temperature then it send alarm immediately...

Regards,
    Andrey.

Hi all, i would also like to get Carrier ML and TheroKing MP communication protocol via RS-232, because i need realtime temperatures and alarms from the controllers. Can you help me? Thank you very much.

Marcelo

Quote Originally Posted by emeceuy View Post
    Hi all, i would also like to get Carrier ML and TheroKing MP communication protocol via RS-232, because i need realtime temperatures and alarms from the controllers. Can you help me? Thank you very much.

Marcelo
    my mail is eme__ce@hotmail.com

SATLOG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyNekhamkin View Post
    Hi All,

Regards,
    Andrey.

Hi Andrey, could you get in contact with us, we need to solve a similar problem. Reg juergen info@satlog.de

Hi All,

Seems I missed a few messages from people who looked me.
    Here my e-mail for contact:
    Andrey.Nekhamkin@gmail.com

Regards,
    Andrey...

Pilar Guest

Hi Andrey,

Please can you tell me if the communication protocol via RS-232 is the stantard? I am tray to sniffer this port using the Serial Port Monitor but without any success..

Hi Pilar,

I have no idea what is a standard so I cannot to tell you. I just got how it works (it was about 2 years back from now).
    Drop me an email, will try to help you.

Regards,
    Andrey...

Pilar Guest

Hi Andrey,

Here is my e-mail: pilar.bojorquez@gmail.com

and thank you by your help!!