Richie101 Guest

problem with GE air con power problem

Hi guys first time poster( hi all)

Got a slight problem with a General Electrics (GE) air conditioning unit AS0Ah12. Went on a call out today, the owner had reported that her unit had stop working. After a bit of fault finding I found out that when the unit was switch on the air handler was working but the outdoor unit was not. There was power going to the air handler from the main supply (a plug system) but no supply was going to the compressor. After more fault finding and playing around no power was coming down the cable between the indoor unit and the outdoor. To see if it was a possible board or switch fault I gave the outdoor unit a permanent live and all worked well. However the problem I now face is I cant get a board from anywhere in the UK bloody GE I have spoken to HRP and a GE supplier but they cannot help I have looked on the unit to see if I can wire from the power supply to the air handler which can be turned off but at the moment I face the problem that the indoor unit can be switch off via the remote but the outdoor unit is on permanent.
    Can anyone suggest anything as im having a bit of a blonde moment? The owner doesn’t want to buy a new unit even though I have explained it could be costly and the unit is an old system (R22) there must be away to put an switch able feed????
    Help

Kind regards in advance
    richard

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: problem with GE air con power problem

Hi Richie and welcome.

Is it possible to build a separate relay/contactor into the indoor unit wiring somewhere to switch the outdoor unit?

A pickup from the fan feed or something similar perhaps.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Richie101 Guest

Yes thought of that but, the board is the worst i have ever seen. The power goes in then the printed circuit send the power to the fan which is totally encased looks like it has been sealed ( glued) dont want to risk recking the indoor unit trying to get to the fan unit i was going to put in a spur on the fan so when the unit switch on it sent power to the fan and the out door unit i do have a relay in the top right hand conner i could tap a feed off that i suposse ( i didnt think of that) does anyone sell a circuit board??? i hate GE lol lol

Have a look at these...

They might sort out you drama..

http://shop.ebay.com.au/items/_W0QQ_...romZR40QQ_mdoZ

Richie101 Guest

cheers that could be an option, going to see if anyone knows if or where i get a new board or even this one repaired there must be companies out there. Been given a number of a company in Skipton North Yorkshire will give them a ring on monday and see how i get on. What a drama for a silly fault.

Richie101 Guest

Hi guys

found a company who now can repair most boards for air con units they start from £35.00 for inspection and basic repair mines going in on thursday will let you know how i get on.

company called Vendparts Ltd - Unit 3 Engine Shed Lane - Skipton - North Yorkshire
    Tel 0845 1210477 Fax 0845 1210478 - Mob 07739 795938 - Email
    sales@vendparts.co.uk

sajianchery Guest

DEAR FRIEND,
    I THINK THERE IS A CONTROL PROBLAM,because main power supply going out door and indoor directly.then through thermostat controling compressor contactor coil.
    So you check control cable power.