Lightbulb AC Design (Heat Load) Software

I am looking for an AC heat load calculator for sizing AC equipment in commercial premises (offices, shops, etc...).

I have tried the HRP freebie and the clik software demo but if I have to pay out a few hundred pounds for a software licence I would like to get some up to date opinions from you all on all the various choices out there.

What software do you guys use? and What are your recommendations?

I appreciate any advice you can give me...

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: AC Design (Heat Load) Software

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

By the way, if you are Paul to us all, who are you to everyone else ?

I expect a fair amount of people still use a tape measure, paper, pencil and a calculator but hopefully someone is up-to-date out there.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Welcome Paul.
    See my link re free software.
    Grizzly
    (I shall post it directly!)

Thanks Brian...

When it comes to what everyone else calls me, it really depends on who you are talking to... My missus usually comes up with several colorful and it has to be said original names for me... Although I think some of her suggestions may be illegal if not downright dangerous...

I occasionally use a pen and paper myself but really need a piece of software now... trouble is when I try to decide on one and I try to get reviews and recommendations from the web. I cant find a review that is less then several months old... and with my luck I will fork out a few hundred quid on a lemming and then find out that the worlds best piece of AC calculating software was released the week before :-/

OK Grizzly... will do... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2uall View Post
    I am looking for an AC heat load calculator for sizing AC equipment in commercial premises (offices, shops, etc...).

I have tried the HRP freebie and the clik software demo but if I have to pay out a few hundred pounds for a software licence I would like to get some up to date opinions from you all on all the various choices out there.

What software do you guys use? and What are your recommendations?

I appreciate any advice you can give me...
    Hi Paul..

As I am not allowed to post external links in postings I have provided a link to your private message area.

Very easy to use no nonsense program that is well priced. Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    By the way, if you are Paul to us all, who are you to everyone else ?
    I don't know and i can't be sure..............but i think Paul could be Defender to other people

Maybe it's just the cynic in me

Eggs

PS. By the way Paul/Defender, you really need an address and a contact number to sell online legally these days. Also it gives a bit of the credibility back lost from using PayPal.

I thought i'd give it a try.

this really shouldn't be happening.

eggs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Slow down Eggs, you're confusing the heck out of me
    Retired March 2015

Come on Brian, get with it...

Paul (a new member) asks for heat calc software, up pops Defender (another new member) and advises new software which incidently Defender has written.
    Check the posters profile message board thingies.

Eggs trys the software and his Mcafee smells a rat. He post here to warn other members.

Brian someone seems to be spamming your forum with spyware/virus type things.

www.loadcalc.co.uk try it, do you feel lucky punk?...................well, Do ya?

eggs

Sorry Eggs but I don't feel the need to check every post that a new member makes especially when they are cross member messages. I have enough to do keeping up with the daft ones

Bit strange for a NZ member to push a UK product though, don't you think ?

Yes, I did feel lucky and the software was clean according to all of my virus checkers etc. But I don't want it anyway so it's getting dumped.
    Retired March 2015

[QUOTE=Brian_UK;125131]

/QUOTE]

I am now from Brazil. Check my details in the corner.

It happens all the time on forums new member with something to sell sets up two accounts and talks to themselves.
    Ordinarily, i wouldnt be bothered, but see my screen shot above. My software picked up something bad, yours didn't.....I only thought other members with online security not set quite as high as mine might like to know that there might be a potential problem.

Eggs

Smile Re: AC Design (Heat Load) Software

[quote=eggs;125135]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post

/QUOTE]

I am now from Brazil. Check my details in the corner.

It happens all the time on forums new member with something to sell sets up two accounts and talks to themselves.
    Ordinarily, i wouldnt be bothered, but see my screen shot above. My software picked up something bad, yours didn't.....I only thought other members with online security not set quite as high as mine might like to know that there might be a potential problem.

Eggs
    Hi.

Just checked back in again to see all this stuff about cross members pretending to sell a new product and being the same person.

Really sorry to rain on the parade and dissapoint you Eggs but I can assure you that I am not the same guy as Paul. I can understand what you are suggesting though. My post was a genuine answer wishing to help another users posting....
    We are all NEW at some point when joining a Forum.

I used to live in the UK and now live in NZ. I reckon you should be allowed to sell software in whichever country you like... I even have customers in Brazil by the way.

The software is written by me and unfortunately has been known to trip some of the very sensitive scanners with bogus warnings... (false positives) I do my best to advise the various virus scanners to update their definitions but some take little notice of small developers. I use the purchased version of AVG which reports no problem as does Norton... both of these scanners are reputable and widely used.

The software is 100% clean and any trip is really nothing to worry about.

By the way I use Paypal because the IPN feature allows me to automate the registration process for the software.

Please could you contact me via the PM if you require help or further assurance regarding the software.

Regards....

Well I wish I could think of something cool to say about the replies but quite honestly I can't be bothered to think one up..... OH Wait how about..... Oh!! no that's no good..... crap, you just know that I'll think of a good reply and it will be to late..... It's like high school all over again.....

The loadcalc is a nice bit of software for simple office calcs as it go's so thanks for that... But I would appreciate some more advice on the more sopfisti... sophisti... clevererer bits of software out there... Something along the lines of the ones I mention in my original post... If there is anyone that could give me more advice about this software or one I haven't mentioned, then I would appreciate the help and advice in selecting one!

Many thanks...

And remember... Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2uall View Post
    If there is anyone that could give me more advice about this software or one I haven't mentioned, then I would appreciate the help and advice in selecting one!

Many thanks...

And remember... Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!!
    Hi Paul...

While not wishing to add to the conspiracy theory by responding to you yet again.... I figured what the heck!

I have tried most of them.....Mistral, Quantum and a few American efforts, in my opinion the best I tried was the ACcalc from cliksoftware.com you have already looked at. A great piece of software if you need a detailed breakdown of every entry...perhaps a little pricey at 400 squid!

I am sure someone else will suggest another one worthy of a look....

Regards