Thread: |hitachi Vrf

|hitachi Vrf

Here's one for you.

Hitachi VRF system, 2 condensers running 5 evaporator coils each. One of the condensers went out yesterday, the other one was still running, I think the gas was a touch low because of the high discharge superheat value. One of Hitachi's engineers has been out there today, powered the system down and restarted it up, but the condensers both have now gone out and are flashing fault code 35 which I believe is a problem with the condensers not recognizing the indoor units. It's run from a central controller (not a BMS but a LCD wall control).

Anyway, they couldn't get the thing going again and tomorrow I have to go up there and try and get the thing going. It's a 3 pipe heat recovery system. Usually I have been able to power it all down, power back up the indoor units first and then the condensers and the fault will often reset itself, but apparently the engineers on site today tried to do this already.

I'm not decided whether to start checking the changeover boxes first or not. One of the engineers phoned to say that only LED 2 and 4 were on on the indoor units, which I think is because the indoor unit is failing to be addressed by the controller, and if I remember correctly, these are not self addressing controllers.

Any ideas?

PS If anyone knows of anyone looking for engineers in the Midlands please let me know. Cheers.

a problem shared is a problem halved

Are you trained on Hitachi VRF Iceman?

PS If anyone knows of anyone looking for engineers in the Midlands please let me know. Cheers.
    What skills are you offering?

Service commissioning application and installation
    Hitachi VRF
    Hitachi Samurai chillers
    Daikin Old VRV
    Daikin VRV 2
    Daikin multi split R410A Inverter
    Mitsubishi VRF Basic and advanced
    NVQ Refrigeration and air conditioning
    Safe Handling
    CITB Pipework and Brazing
    CITB Refrigeration Electrics
    IEE 16th Edition

hi iceman007,

you forgot to mention your skillcard. lol

good luck.

chemi

Chemi

Only registered a couple of weeks ago. To be honest I don't go on that many construction sites anymore, although I used to when I was an installation engineer.

PS The fault originally mentioned on the Hitachi VRF was simole enough. Someone had the dip switched incorrectly set on DSW1 so that the condensers were trying to address the same indoor units. All reset and system runs perfect.

Cheers
    Jim

Hi Iceman
    the skillcard system is being updated at the moment, with various dedicated refrigeration skill cards available.
    Worthwhile to follow this up.
    Kind Regards. Andy