Threaded View

rbartlett Guest
    Originally posted by Gary
    Don't get me wrong. I would like to see techs given a much greater degree of respect, along with a larger paycheck, and I am certainly not opposed to training. I could paint you a rosey scenario, but that won't hold back reality. Please refrain from shooting the messenger.
    i didn't think i was trying to 'shoot' anyone...

[/B][/QUOTE]
    Stating why we would want the legislation isn't going to get it passed. We need to state why the public would want the legislation.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

i thought i had..;-)
    here (UK) gas fitting is regulated to stop 'cowboys' bodging causing explosions
    hydrocarbons are an explosive gas used in fridges .......

[/B][/QUOTE]
    You wouldn't like my views on these being controlled substances,
    [/B][/QUOTE]

i may do-is it relevent to the fact that they are -or an opinion on wether they should be?

[/B][/QUOTE]
    but the public is on your side on this issue thus far. However, there is no particular reason to control substances that are not harmful to the environment. Future systems will contain such substances.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

amonia is not harmful to the enviorment but should be handled in a safe manor...do you not think??

[/B][/QUOTE]
    In any case, this covers tapping into the refrigerant side of the systems. What of self-contained and/or throwaway systems, e.g. fridges, window A/C's, etc.? Need people be trained or licensed to purchase and/or install such systems? [/B][/QUOTE]

I can buy a gas boiler here but if i want to connect it to the supply i need a corgi registered fitter.

same with fridges -i can buy a fridge but to work on the 'gas side' i should be trained certified checked and approved.

good for me (worker) and good for you..(customer)

cheers

richard
    Last edited by rbartlett; 02-03-2004 at 03:14 PM.