Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

Help me please!What do theemergencycodesE6 and E7inthe refrigeratorKerstner202E?How to remove them?

hey now this is the problem which i have a challenge can someone advice for this

m on the ship and i have a dikin reefer setpoint -25 is not getting in range and all the things seems ok
    which are as below:-
    supply=-24.6,return=-19.0,suction pressure=-.39 bar,discharge pressure=13.5 bar
    EV=10
    SMV=100
    SG=44.7
    DC=-91.2
    EO=-25.3
    EI=-28.3
    AMBIENT=35
    C.T=8.1AMP

SO i know you are reefer geeks so hoping for your good response.....take care

hey guys can anyone maby help me out with a panasonic unit model number cu-140c53xp? unit runs for a while and then completely shuts down ...im still learning about ref...

hi all ... i dont no if anybody can help but i hope so...i have an carrier thinline with controller microlink 3 and i want to change the battery data(BR 2330) anybody knows if it was like microlink 2i or it is necessary to weld ,the old was just plugged in, I can not see on these new because it comes filled with glue and I did not want to venture without knowing if it is really necessary welding it or not...

glad for your attention
    hope anybody can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiripper View Post
    hi all ... i dont no if anybody can help but i hope so...i have an carrier thinline with controller microlink 3 and i want to change the battery data(BR 2330) anybody knows if it was like microlink 2i or it is necessary to weld ,the old was just plugged in, I can not see on these new because it comes filled with glue and I did not want to venture without knowing if it is really necessary welding it or not...

glad for your attention
    hope anybody can help.
    Hi Ruirippe

yes you right , ,the old was just plugged in. But new batteries are different. You need to solder. But i didn't replace any new type. You should careful the plus and minus connections. Good luck.

see you
    reefer mechanic

hello. happy new year!!!.

I need views on the alarm13 : I/O expansion communication fault on .
    unit type carrier, scroll compressor.

how to off or by pass the I/O expansion communication.

Hello!
    I have a problem with SRAM cards. I wanted to upgrade to 5354 in a reefer, but I tried with several cards and now everyone shows me the display "bad card".
    I've formatted the card and put the softwar again, but I still have the same problem. I tried to change the battery of the cards but not solved. Can you help?

I apologize for my poor English
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanPeskanov View Post
    Hello!
    I have a problem with SRAM cards. I wanted to upgrade to 5354 in a reefer, but I tried with several cards and now everyone shows me the display "bad card".
    I've formatted the card and put the softwar again, but I still have the same problem. I tried to change the battery of the cards but not solved. Can you help?

Thanks!

Hi Peskanov,

I m sorry but i think you have to buy new PCMCI card.

good luck

reefer mechanic.

Last edited by reefermechanic; 27-02-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Last edited by reefermechanic; 27-02-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanPeskanov View Post
    Hello!

Thanks!
    Have you tried recharging the card in the Omni reader and reloading software.

mr. reefer mechanic what can i do my compressor have icing on suction section when the temperature is -16 the suction section wil be heavy frosted so i will stop operation of the unit :'(

Quote Originally Posted by kheilan View Post
    mr. reefer mechanic what can i do my compressor have icing on suction section when the temperature is -16 the suction section wil be heavy frosted so i will stop operation of the unit :'(
    hi kheilan
    what s the unit model number??

see you

reefermechanic

Peskanov

Are you using aftermarket cards? You have to reprogram the card or charge the battery. Keep it in the omnidrive and recharge the card. Then format and reload the software.

This happens to me once in a while with the non carrier cards.

I have a question. LXE10E -A15B. Unit cools fine but will not heat or defrost. Suction pressure is -50kpa in defrost. Both HSV and DSV operating normally(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)

PTI alarms J241 and J321. ANY IDEAS ?

Same one we touched on ?

Quote Originally Posted by bruisermac View Post
    will not heat or defrost

(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)
    Curious, where does this "feel hot" end ?

I mean if it's not making it to to evap, gota 'end' somewhere.

Edit; Another thought, any chance it might be slightly under charged ?
    Last edited by Will; 01-03-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisermac View Post
    I have a question. LXE10E -A15B. Unit cools fine but will not heat or defrost. Suction pressure is -50kpa in defrost. Both HSV and DSV operating normally(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)

PTI alarms J241 and J321. ANY IDEAS ?

Hi bruisermac

pls check your PM.

see you,

Reefer mechanic.

pls i have a question .i have probleme in the starcool unit.section presser 0.5b and desh presser 6.4 b all valve are ok .set point -20 ret -13 sup -16 the probleme is the frequncy of the copressor is very low 33 HZ .tubing pressure section is full of frost.
    i am sorry for my english.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terminal View Post
    pls i have a question .i have probleme in the starcool unit.section presser 0.5b and desh presser 6.4 b all valve are ok .set point -20 ret -13 sup -16 the probleme is the frequncy of the copressor is very low 33 HZ .tubing pressure section is full of frost.
    i am sorry for my english.
    thanks
    You seem to have a defective suction temp sensor (reading is probably too high), so controller keeps on trying to open the EEV on higher percentage than needed to pull down.

Try to compare the readings of the evaporator temp sensor and suction temp sensor. They should not be too far from each other.

thank you gentlemen for your help. I checked all sensor are good.i've found the problem in copresseur performance.
    best regard

hi, i have small problem with carrier 69nt40-541-301. i found the unit was not running and no display.supply voltage were checked and found all ok.checked all connectors found all ok. i replaced the controller ML3. then unit ran. but the cooling is not that efficient. it only cool down to -1.8C to -1.3 sup, ret from 1.2 to 0.8C. SP is -2.0C. On the display cd01 smv opening is already 100%. it was cooling good before the old controller fail. i already bypassed the smv line with a hose from port before the smv to suction service valve(thinking that the smv not really opening) but still not cooling good. the new controller (ML3 uncofgrd,recip p/n 12-55008)has built in operational software (cd18) 5147. but unconfigured (cd20 is blank).dont have configuration software onboard right now.
    how much must be the current or voltage (forgot how smv is controlled ) when the contrller is commaNDING IT TO OPEN 100 %(because i measured V nothing, or even negative small value with smv disconnected)? iwant to correct first the software installed before jumping to conclusion that the EV is the problem.it is possible that the problem is cause by this unconfigured controller?

Quote Originally Posted by alfredegz2003 View Post
    hi, i have small problem with carrier 69nt40-541-301. i found the unit was not running and no display.supply voltage were checked and found all ok.checked all connectors found all ok. i replaced the controller ML3. then unit ran. but the cooling is not that efficient. it only cool down to -1.8C to -1.3 sup, ret from 1.2 to 0.8C. SP is -2.0C. On the display cd01 smv opening is already 100%. it was cooling good before the old controller fail. i already bypassed the smv line with a hose from port before the smv to suction service valve(thinking that the smv not really opening) but still not cooling good. the new controller (ML3 uncofgrd,recip p/n 12-55008)has built in operational software (cd18) 5147. but unconfigured (cd20 is blank).dont have configuration software onboard right now.
    how much must be the current or voltage (forgot how smv is controlled ) when the contrller is commaNDING IT TO OPEN 100 %(because i measured V nothing, or even negative small value with smv disconnected)? iwant to correct first the software installed before jumping to conclusion that the EV is the problem.it is possible that the problem is cause by this unconfigured controller?
    You are right that you should first make sure model config is properly set. From what you said that SP is -2.0C and supply temp(controlling sensor) is -1.8C then stepper valve should already be partially closed.

Hi Alfredegz,

check ur pm

see you

reefer mechanic

Hi guys

I'm having an issue loading the Star Cool version 0350 software onto the CIM 6 units. I'm using a laptop to do the upload as i am currently stil waiting for my logman that i ordered 2months ago.
    When ive connected to the reefer with starview through the laptop i go to the software upload option. Once selected unit shuts down and the upload window starts to test the connection and says satus ok after a few seconds. But the upload progress bar stays at 0% and when i go into details it shows that 2 block errors have occured.

Can anyone shed some light on what these block errors could be or what i'm doing wrong. I have never updated a star cool reefer with a laptop so if anyone can maybe provide me with a step by step on the process.

Also i would like to know if daiken, thermoking and carrier(all mentioned reefers are marine reefers) can be updated with a laptop and if so what sofware do i need and where to getit. I already have the updates available, but with no logman i'm a little stuck....

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,
    I have changed comp. in an LXE10E Daikin. Sight glass was foggy so i changed that and drier.Recharged with virgin R134a. Unit ran for about 1 min or 2 then went into deep vacuum. I trouble shoot alarm 109 per latest bulletin. I have changed eev body, lsv coil and body. How to trouble shoot SMV without magnet. Any and all help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer709 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have changed comp. in an LXE10E Daikin. Sight glass was foggy so i changed that and drier.Recharged with virgin R134a. Unit ran for about 1 min or 2 then went into deep vacuum. I trouble shoot alarm 109 per latest bulletin. I have changed eev body, lsv coil and body. How to trouble shoot SMV without magnet. Any and all help appreciated.

Hi Reefer709

Do you sure EEV is ok? Pls take out the bobin of EEv from body. Then run the reefer. You have to check on select menu LPT. Waiting your reply.

Best regards.

reefer mechanic

There also may be a problem with either one of your evap inlet and outlet sensors that can be checked in the menu check your ambient sensor as well. Make sure that when you put the EEV coil onto the body that you seal it with silicone as moisture gets into the body and freezes up causing vacuums

sukhdevsuri Guest

Hi Reefer709
    You probably have a contaminated system because of impure refrigerant. You will need to flush out the system with dry nitrogen and than do a deep vacuum with a vacuum pump. Recharge fresh refrigerant and try running the unit.

Rgds
    Sukhdev

There also may be a problem with either one of your evap inlet and outlet sensors that can be checked in the menu check your ambient sensor as well

Good Day Mr. Reefer technician,

I'm trainee electrical officer in MAERSK line. Just started my 2nd sailing in MAY2012. I dont have much experiance on troubleshooting of REEFERS. I've handled DAIKIN,STARCOOL,CARRIER,TK.Will need your guidance for troubleshooting. I'm already started to reading through all manuals. But still require your guidance. I hope you will.

Thanking you.
    Rohit.

Quote Originally Posted by E/E Rohit View Post
    Good Day Mr. Reefer technician,

I'm trainee electrical officer in MAERSK line. Just started my 2nd sailing in MAY2012. I dont have much experiance on troubleshooting of REEFERS. I've handled DAIKIN,STARCOOL,CARRIER,TK.Will need your guidance for troubleshooting. I'm already started to reading through all manuals. But still require your guidance. I hope you will.

Thanking you.
    Rohit.
    Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your good wishes. I try help you for your request. But reefer container jobs is not easy. I was working since 10 years in this job. I still learning a lot of things when working. My suggestion would be to develop the most important scholar, cooling and electricity.

good luck
    see you

reefermechanic.

hi there Guys, I have a problem with an NT20-531-301. The unit throws up an AL14, it is running and at temp and has been for 2 days. we have checked all the IP circuits and all wiring. the evap motors are all working and the controller is reading current.I have tried to swap the incoming phases over and the other phase contactor pulls in and the alarm remains active. The incoming power is ok .

WE have also checked Cd41 and the right hand digit is a 4.The manual tells me it is either a motor or sensor. The manual doesnt tell me what sensor. I have reconfigured the controller and loaded the latest software, still no joy. We have swapped the controller and also tried a new expansion module and the alarm is still active. We have checked the terminals on the compressor and they are all ok. the current draw on the compressor is within limits. I have talked wirth a couple of people and they seem to think that the compressor could be the problem. I really need to be sure before recommending this .
    Any help that anyone can give would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Last edited by reefermechanic; 27-02-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Hi all reefer,
    First, sorry for my poor English.
    I have a problem with Carrier 551-506 (scroll compressor). It got P10-1 Fail when Pretrip, about 3-4 units got same this problem. I've check refrigerant OK, all valves are operating normally. When unit's in cooling mode (not in Pretrip), it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system. Normally, a 40' unit take about 3-4 hours for a Pretrip, but it took over 6-9 hous then got P10-1 Fail. Also i've SW (5354), config (551-506) are OK. I was confused this problem, so anyone can help me for solving it pls.

Thanks & Bgds,

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferC View Post
    Hi all reefer,
    I have a problem with Carrier 551-506 (scroll compressor). It got P10-1 Fail when Pretrip, about 3-4 units got same this problem. I've check refrigerant OK, all valves are operating normally. When unit's in cooling mode (not in Pretrip), it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system. Normally, a 40' unit take about 3-4 hours for a Pretrip, but it took over 6-9 hous then got P10-1 Fail. Also i've SW (5354), config (551-506) are OK. I was confused this problem, so anyone can help me for solving it pls.

Thanks & Bgds,

Hi reeferC

welcome on board)

Have you try work the normal operation to the reefer? You have to set the set temperatureto -18.0 C and pls note when return temperature to the -18.0 C. I no know have you check to the inside of reefer container. If there is damage on buffer plate and evaporator fan blades reefer unit doesn't cool. Check them pls.

good luck
    reefer mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by reefermechanic View Post
    Hi reeferC

welcome on board)

Have you try work the normal operation to the reefer? You have to set the set temperatureto -18.0 C and pls note when return temperature to the -18.0 C. I no know have you check to the inside of reefer container. If there is damage on buffer plate and evaporator fan blades reefer unit doesn't cool. Check them pls.

good luck
    reefer mechanic
    First, thanks so much for very quickly reply,
    Yes, i set unit -18C for cooling, as i said ''it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system'', can't reach to -18C (i don't know why, i think this made pretrip's lasted). Return & Supply are normally, they different 6C. Also i've check evap motor fan, blade are OK, only the humidity sensor is cut, Inside, plate's good. Seem problem is why it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst ?
    Hope u know.
    Thanks again,

First, thanks so much for very quickly reply,
    Yes, i set unit -18C for cooling, as i said ''it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system'', can't reach to -18C (i don't know why, i think this made pretrip's lasted). Return & Supply are normally, they different 6C. Also i've check evap motor fan, blade are OK, only the humidity sensor is cut, Inside, plate's good. Seem problem is why it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst ?
    Hope u know.
    Thanks again,

Hi ReeferC

I think air comes from outside to inside container.

Pls check all them below mationed then reply to me.

* Check the condenser coil. Dirty or clean?
    * Check the isolation of evaporator fan motor acces panels. There must be isolation for air bypass. You know this? Black insulating tape to the top of back of acces panels.
    * Check the door rubber of container doors.
    * Chek the Compressor service valves or liquid line shutoff valve
    partially closed?

* check insulation of air vent door. Also it must be fully close.

good luck

see you
    reefer mechanic

have u check the codes ,maybe its on e auto fresh

Hi all reefer,

Thanks & Bgds,
    and also you have to check air flow of condenser coil. If need clean the condenser coil.

see you

reefer mechanic.

hi there reefer C, have you checked the TX valve. I had one not to long ago that would do the same. We narrowed it down to the TX Valve. It will go into defrost if it detects there is no difference in supply and return
    e.g evaporator coil iced up. Try taking it off auto defrost and running it you will see what the suction pressure is doing. The TX valve might be closing prematurely, this can be caused by moisture in the system, have yiou tried a new filter drier and refrigerant charge

Try these and see where you go

good luck

Hi, Thanks so much 4 replying reefer mechanic, phil Landon.
    I've checked this unit in this morning, problem i think that's WATER inside, have amount of water inside reefer container, maybe water pipe's choed up & 4 drains hose can't open. So the time to pretrip is long. Tommorow, my coworker will clean inside then try to PTI it again, then i'll report to u.

@ phil Landon, i'll pay attention to ur ideas. Thanks

Thanks again 4 reply,
    Goodluck all.

Hi, Thanks so much 4 replying reefer mechanic, phil Landon.
    I've checked this unit in this morning, problem i think that's WATER inside, have amount of water inside reefer container, maybe water pipe's choed up & 4 drains hose can't open. So the time to pretrip is long. Tommorow, my coworker will clean inside then try to PTI it again, then i'll report to u.

@ phil Landon, i'll pay attention to ur ideas. Thanks

Thanks again 4 reply,
    Goodluck all.
    Hi reeferC,

best information when clogged drain hose.thnks.

see you

reefer mechanic.
    thanks
    emmmm aa few months agoaa too

Hi all, some days im so busy, I checked, problem is Water inside. After cleaning, do PTI again & Passed.
    Thanks 4 all rp.
    Bdgs

Mr. Reefer mechanic help me can u give me a manual and part list of daikin decosIIIb i can't find the supply sensor of that unit ;( tnx this is my email address lilgenesis_19@yahoo.com and kh31lan@gmail.com

hi, i am having a problem with a thermo king rd II 50 tci dual temp unit have chaecked and had charged with ***** but still cannot get the unit to cool everything seems to be working but it acts like there is a vavle or something some where not letting the ***** cool the unit neither unit will cool front or rear and also if any one has a manual on this unit i would really appreciate it as i cannot get the fan on the rear evap unit to run it has no power to the fan motor any hepl would be greatly appreciated my email is sid_sidney2002@yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by sid_sidney View Post
    hi, i am having a problem with a thermo king rd II 50 tci dual temp unit have chaecked and had charged with ***** but still cannot get the unit to cool everything seems to be working but it acts like there is a vavle or something some where not letting the ***** cool the unit neither unit will cool front or rear and also if any one has a manual on this unit i would really appreciate it as i cannot get the fan on the rear evap unit to run it has no power to the fan motor any hepl would be greatly appreciated my email is sid_sidney2002@yahoo

hi,

is that reefer container unit??

see you

reefer mechanic.

it was a truck mounted 24 foot box that i have put on a trailer that we are going to use for cold storage as it is diesel with the electric stand by

Quote Originally Posted by reefermechanic View Post
    hi,

is that reefer container unit??

see you

reefer mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by kheilan View Post
    Mr. Reefer mechanic help me can u give me a manual and part list of daikin decosIIIb i can't find the supply sensor of that unit ;( tnx this is my email address lilgenesis_19@yahoo.com and kh31lan@gmail.com
    hi khelian

pls you should say unit's model number.

see you.

reefer mechanic

also this is a 1995 model unit

Tsk tsk i have a problem my unit have a heavly frosting in suction side of compressor the model of my unit is 69nt40-501 i dont know what is the problem when the unit is -5 its starting to have frosted help me