Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

Quote Originally Posted by Yury0826@ View Post
    Hello there! I have a Thermo King with Magnum-924 reefer unit. When it running for couple hours, the compressor totally frozen up. The ***** level is ok(not overcharged), fan works. Any help with this issue will be really appreciated. Thanks. Yury. There is my e-mail:gove777@hotmail.com
    ......................Hi Yury , you have to check the operation of digital valve if refrigerant level is ok. Do yıu know how can do this? see you .... reefermechanic.

Hi!! I'm doing some research about the reefer container. Just want to know according to your guys exp, which brand/manufacturer of the reefer container is the best interm of quality/efficientcy?

From my understanding there are 4 big players in the market+Mearsk (Have their own starcool)

-Daikin
    -Carrier
    -Thermoking
    -Mitsubishi
    -Mearsk (Starcool)

And what is the market share of these 4 manufacturer+ Mearsk?
    If i want more info about the reefer container business, where can i get the info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbull View Post
    Hi!! I'm doing some research about the reefer container. Just want to know according to your guys exp, which brand/manufacturer of the reefer container is the best interm of quality/efficientcy?

From my understanding there are 4 big players in the market+Mearsk (Have their own starcool)

-Daikin
    -Carrier
    -Thermoking
    -Mitsubishi
    -Mearsk (Starcool)

And what is the market share of these 4 manufacturer+ Mearsk?
    If i want more info about the reefer container business, where can i get the info.

Thanks
    Hi Goldenbull i should help you about your request. pls contact me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com see you reefer mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yury0826@ View Post
    Hello there! I have a Thermo King with Magnum-924 reefer unit. When it running for couple hours, the compressor totally frozen up. The ***** level is ok(not overcharged), fan works. Any help with this issue will be really appreciated. Thanks. Yury. There is my e-mail:gove777@hotmail.com
    Hi Yury, have you solved the your problem? see you reefermechanic

Quote Originally Posted by hcarujo View Post
    Hello reefermechanic

I'm an reefer electrician but new to this job. I have a problem on a carrier reefer, model 69nt40-541-015 wich has a ML3 controller. In proximately one month it fried 2 controllers. I had the container not working at all, replaced the controller, it worked fine, did the PTI, went on a trip and when it returned it was just like the removed controller. sometimes it works but giving alarms, other times the display and reefer are completely dead. It has 2 pins on connector KA (KA9 and KA10) that are the power supply to the controller, ( 33V betwen them) I think. Does the controller have any other power supply? and if not do you think that the transformer can have some sort of problem? by the way do you know the language of programming used in these controllers? is it ladder or FBD or is it something mor complex like C++?
    KA9 and KA10 are two separate 18vac power supplies for the ML3 controller which should be referenced against KA12 (Ground). So 33v seems to be around normal if measured across both and the control transformer would seem to be working. Are both evaporator fans working as there is an Internal protector (IP-EM1 and IP-EM2) which are embedded into the motor windings. A shorted evaporator motor can back feed 380v back into the controller through the IP lines usually this is instant once a motor burns out but may take a little longer depending on the severity of the burn out.

The programming language for the Carrier microprocessors is properietary

hello all i am a refrigeration mechanic from australia and do alot of work on commercial airconditioning but have never seen or worked on any transport refrigeration gear

i have a customer who has the back of a truck at his house that is refrigerated by a thermoking unit

inside it has 2 evaporators and he wants 1 of them moved about 3-5 metres from its current location inside the back of the truck

is it as simple as just pumping down the unit, extending the pipes and all electrical connections or is there something else i should know?

can these units be pumped down like any regular unit so that i can cut the pipes going into the evaporator?

the evaporators have 3 pipes going into them, i would assume one is a hot gas defrost?

will extending the cables effect anything such as the thermostat probes which will obviously also have to be extended??

thanks for any help, the reason for so many questions is that i will be approx 800km when working on this unit so i need to be prepared as i cannot get parts easily

thanks anthony

Hi reefermechanic

I have tried to send you the private mail too many times but, always got auto replied mail back that your email is not valided. Please kindly confirm your email again or mail me at goldenbulls@gmail.com

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyv View Post
    hello all i am a refrigeration mechanic from australia and do alot of work on commercial airconditioning but have never seen or worked on any transport refrigeration gear

i have a customer who has the back of a truck at his house that is refrigerated by a thermoking unit

inside it has 2 evaporators and he wants 1 of them moved about 3-5 metres from its current location inside the back of the truck

is it as simple as just pumping down the unit, extending the pipes and all electrical connections or is there something else i should know?

can these units be pumped down like any regular unit so that i can cut the pipes going into the evaporator?

the evaporators have 3 pipes going into them, i would assume one is a hot gas defrost?

will extending the cables effect anything such as the thermostat probes which will obviously also have to be extended??

thanks for any help, the reason for so many questions is that i will be approx 800km when working on this unit so i need to be prepared as i cannot get parts easily

thanks anthony
    No problem extending the wiring or the piping.
    Is this an older diesel powered unit like an RD-II TCI / TLE?
    I recommend against trying to pump down the unit, technically it is possible (high side pump down) but not recommended. You're best to recover the complete charge, makes it easier for nitrogen purge when soldering the pipes and evacuation. There is a mess of valves in those units and chances are you're going to have one leaking past a little bit so you'll never get a solid vacuum. When you evacuate you must do a three point (suction, discharge, receiver)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbull View Post
    Hi reefermechanic

I have tried to send you the private mail too many times but, always got auto replied mail back that your email is not valided. Please kindly confirm your email again or mail me at goldenbulls@gmail.comhi

Thanks,
    hi goldenbull you can chat with me via reefermechanic@hotmail.com and reefermechanic@yahoo.com adresses. see you reefermechanic.

hello everyone can you please help me with my problem regarding on carrier reefer container because i found out that the controller is damage. I replaced new controller but currently not working yet because i can't configure it. I found a spare of SRAM to cofigure it, but when i put it doing the right procedure on the manual it still not working. My question is, do i need to download new software of ml3 and copy to the SRAM to configure it? I also have a spare of card (I'm not sure if there is program of ml3 inside) and adaptor of SRAM but i don't have pc that can connect it. Also, i cannot put directly the card to the container controller because the connector is for SRAM only. I also try to go in the site of carrier to download this program ml3 but i cannot access it because of password. I want to use emergency bypass but the problem the commodity inside is wine therefore i cannot directly run the reefer to cold mode. Please help me on this problem and if there is any suggestion I appreciate it. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    hello everyone can you please help me with my problem regarding on carrier reefer container because i found out that the controller is damage. I replaced new controller but currently not working yet because i can't configure it. I found a spare of SRAM to cofigure it, but when i put it doing the right procedure on the manual it still not working. My question is, do i need to download new software of ml3 and copy to the SRAM to configure it? I also have a spare of card (I'm not sure if there is program of ml3 inside) and adaptor of SRAM but i don't have pc that can connect it. Also, i cannot put directly the card to the container controller because the connector is for SRAM only. I also try to go in the site of carrier to download this program ml3 but i cannot access it because of password. I want to use emergency bypass but the problem the commodity inside is wine therefore i cannot directly run the reefer to cold mode. Please help me on this problem and if there is any suggestion I appreciate it. Thank you
    Hi Friend. pls check Cd-18 and Cd-20 within codeselect menu via keypad. And also pls check the unit model number. Unit model label left side of compressor and reply to me. see you. reefermechanic.

Friend this is the Cd-18 5148 (i also have a 5318 program),Cd 20 don't exist, and the unit model number is 69NT40-541-301. When I check the reefer this morning it has too many alarms specially on safety device and it's not working. The setting in code select is in default and i try to use the emergency mode but it is not safe for the commodity because it will have too much cooling. Please give me advice for this problem. thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    Friend this is the Cd-18 5148 (i also have a 5318 program),Cd 20 don't exist, and the unit model number is 69NT40-541-301. When I check the reefer this morning it has too many alarms specially on safety device and it's not working. The setting in code select is in default and i try to use the emergency mode but it is not safe for the commodity because it will have too much cooling. Please give me advice for this problem. thank you very much
    Hi Jayson. DOn't worry. We can repair its together. Trust me pls chat with me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com. see you . Reefermechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by IRMechanik View Post
    No problem extending the wiring or the piping.
    Is this an older diesel powered unit like an RD-II TCI / TLE?
    I recommend against trying to pump down the unit, technically it is possible (high side pump down) but not recommended. You're best to recover the complete charge, makes it easier for nitrogen purge when soldering the pipes and evacuation. There is a mess of valves in those units and chances are you're going to have one leaking past a little bit so you'll never get a solid vacuum. When you evacuate you must do a three point (suction, discharge, receiver)
    I am yet to get a model number from the client because e recently got Injured at work.

Could you please explain why I must do a 3 point vacuum? I mostly work on air con systems and only have do high and low side? My gauges are only the standard type with 3 hoses not a manifold set

I look forward to your advice. Thanks

I am yet to get a model number from the client because e recently got Injured at work.

Could you please explain why I must do a 3 point vacuum? I mostly work on air con systems and only have do high and low side? My gauges are only the standard type with 3 hoses not a manifold set

I look forward to your advice. Thanks
    A three point is required due to the disaster of solenoid/check valves in the system. The condenser inlet and suction line solenoids are normally open but the rest are normally closed. In this system when one compartment is calling for heat and the other for cool the compartment calling for heat becomes the condenser. Fun **** when valves start to stick intermittently. On older RD-II the electrical is just as fun.
    tci.JPG

This is a TCI system with a host attached to the main unit. A TLE has no host and 2 remote evaps. The plumbing is the same.

A three point is required due to the disaster of solenoid/check valves in the system. The condenser inlet and suction line solenoids are normally open but the rest are normally closed. In this system when one compartment is calling for heat and the other for cool the compartment calling for heat becomes the condenser. Fun **** when valves start to stick intermittently. On older RD-II the electrical is just as fun.
    tci.JPG

This is a TCI system with a host attached to the main unit. A TLE has no host and 2 remote evaps. The plumbing is the same.
    Ah I see. This stuff is confusing to me compared to my usual stuff. If I were to use solenoid coil magnets how many would I need to have all the valves on the system open

Electronic control board for all models. this is video (Thermo King, Carrier, Zanotti)

this is video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DT7QLmGWMs

All for model electronic control card

this is video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DT7QLmGWMs

tci.JPG

Feom what I can see there. Is the hot gas defrost discharge line always running to the evaporators and then is controlled by solenoids inside the evaps? Does this mean even if pumped down there would be gas in that line?

Feom what I can see there. Is the hot gas defrost discharge line always running to the evaporators and then is controlled by solenoids inside the evaps? Does this mean even if pumped down there would be gas in that line?
    Yes, there would be gas in that line. If you pump down and equalize at the compressor the condenser inlet check valve should hold the charge but I wouldn't trust it. For all the time it takes I would pull the charge. It should be 404a but depending on age it could be 502. As far as mechanically opening the valves, a magnet on each liquid line solenoid should do it. I like the three point, it pulls a better and faster vacuum. If you have an extra port on your pump, hook the receiver directly to your vacuum pump. If there still is shraders on compressor I'd yank them too, with service valves they are redundant.

Yes, there would be gas in that line. If you pump down and equalize at the compressor the condenser inlet check valve should hold the charge but I wouldn't trust it. For all the time it takes I would pull the charge. It should be 404a but depending on age it could be 502. As far as mechanically opening the valves, a magnet on each liquid line solenoid should do it. I like the three point, it pulls a better and faster vacuum. If you have an extra port on your pump, hook the receiver directly to your vacuum pump. If there still is shraders on compressor I'd yank them too, with service valves they are redundant.
    Thanks for your help. There is no way I'd put that muh trust in a check valve that's for sure. Another stupid question. Is there anywhere in particular I should reclaim from?

Thanks for your help. There is no way I'd put that muh trust in a check valve that's for sure. Another stupid question. Is there anywhere in particular I should reclaim from?
    No stupid questions. If the unit is running pump out from the receiver into your recovery tank, you'll probably get at least half the charge or most of the liquid, more if you cover the condenser. Then recover the remaining liquid from the receiver after that switch to your compressor connections.

No stupid questions. If the unit is running pump out from the receiver into your recovery tank, you'll probably get at least half the charge or most of the liquid, more if you cover the condenser. Then recover the remaining liquid from the receiver after that switch to your compressor connections.
    Thanks for your help.

So if I reclaim the unit where do I need the solenoid magnets?
    Then
    Once I've done that I can extend the pipes and vac it out and recharge it

Will extending the cables effect the thermostat probe?

Thanks for your help.

So if I reclaim the unit where do I need the solenoid magnets?
    Then
    Once I've done that I can extend the pipes and vac it out and recharge it

Will extending the cables effect the thermostat probe?
    Extending the cables shouldn't affect the probe.
    Mechanically open the hot gas or liquid line but not the suction line.

Just a quick query…..

I have a NT40 reefer used as a static chiller (+5 setpoint), and this has been working well until the last few days when once or twice a day, the power trips at the breaker inside the reefer panel. The incoming mains supply is steady at 385v and everything seems fine. I reset it and it works again. There are no alarm codes. The only change is that the temp here has risen to around +40 in the last few days and this may have an effect.The trip mostly happens in the afternoon when the sun is shinning directly onto the working end of the container.

Have you heard of this happening in the extreme heat ? I am really hoping that its not the compressor windings starting to earth. It’s has the water cooled option but is set for air cooled.

Any wise words please

Quote Originally Posted by garytreez View Post
    Just a quick query…..

I have a NT40 reefer used as a static chiller (+5 setpoint), and this has been working well until the last few days when once or twice a day, the power trips at the breaker inside the reefer panel. The incoming mains supply is steady at 385v and everything seems fine. I reset it and it works again. There are no alarm codes. The only change is that the temp here has risen to around +40 in the last few days and this may have an effect.The trip mostly happens in the afternoon when the sun is shinning directly onto the working end of the container.

Have you heard of this happening in the extreme heat ? I am really hoping that its not the compressor windings starting to earth. It’s has the water cooled option but is set for air cooled.

Any wise words please
    Hi Graytreez, have you solved the your problem?? see you... reefermechanic

Quote Originally Posted by reefermechanic View Post
    Hi Graytreez, have you solved the your problem?? see you... reefermechanic
    Hello...no the problem isnt solved yet as it only seems to trip the CB when its very hot (+40c). Its works well day after day when its below this ambient temp. I have set the amps to 21. Its not an isolated case and can be common as the summer draws near here in the middle east. I am constructing some shading to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by garytreez View Post
    Hello...no the problem isnt solved yet as it only seems to trip the CB when its very hot (+40c). Its works well day after day when its below this ambient temp. I have set the amps to 21. Its not an isolated case and can be common as the summer draws near here in the middle east. I am constructing some shading to see if that helps.
    you can chat with me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com ? see you , reefer mechanic.

you can chat with me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com ? see you , reefer mechanic.
    Sorry, i cant reach you on this email

ust a quick query…..

Any wise words please

Can anybody help me in understanding, maintaining and repairing of Thermoking Magnum units?

Whats the best way to handle these units. I'm much interested to learn about them.

Please help me.
    shehzad.ahmd@gmail.com

newjack Guest

Does anybody out there have the latest Carrier Microlink software, I'm looking for 5155 and 5355 for both ML2 and ML3 Scroll and Recip. I do not have access to carrier website for download. Can someone please email the files to me, greatly appreciate it.
    kyniteowl@gmail.com

best regards all reefer mechanics

Good day
    I am looking for a data downloader for thermoking and Daikin.
    Could you please advise?
    many thanks

newjack Guest

Thumbs up Re: Big thanks to reefermechanic!

Just wanted to thank Reefermechanic for all his help, he was able to locate the files I needed for my software card. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by newjack View Post
    Does anybody out there have the latest Carrier Microlink software, I'm looking for 5155 and 5355 for both ML2 and ML3 Scroll and Recip. I do not have access to carrier website for download. Can someone please email the files to me, greatly appreciate it.
    kyniteowl@gmail.com

best regards all reefer mechanics

Hi, can anyone help me ?I have a customer with a old TK reefer model TNE-508-34, this reefer is given me some serious problem I am unable to get it to work properly ,I check and change the following all three (3) sensor supply and return,KVQ valve,filter drier, TXV. Check both condenser and evaporator fans, compressor they are all satisfactory yet the system will not pull down to temperature (-25c) the system start up and the pressure and amps are ok and 5 minutes the suction line will frost up causing the pressure to drop off and the supply and return temp also. The following is the info taken from the controller. Supply LH -4.7. Supply RH -5.7. Return -4.0. Evap -4.9. Cond temp 44.5. KVQ setting -55.4. Cool cap 100%. Ambient temp 28.1c. Hi press 10.5bar. Hi press temp 101.2c. Comp amps 10.8/ 10.5/11.3. Can you help me out here if I am doing something wrong or not checking something or is there a TK emergency hot line number .
    Thanks in advance
    Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by reefermanlynch View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me ?I have a customer with a old TK reefer model TNE-508-34, this reefer is given me some serious problem I am unable to get it to work properly ,I check and change the following all three (3) sensor supply and return,KVQ valve,filter drier, TXV. Check both condenser and evaporator fans, compressor they are all satisfactory yet the system will not pull down to temperature (-25c) the system start up and the pressure and amps are ok and 5 minutes the suction line will frost up causing the pressure to drop off and the supply and return temp also. The following is the info taken from the controller. Supply LH -4.7. Supply RH -5.7. Return -4.0. Evap -4.9. Cond temp 44.5. KVQ setting -55.4. Cool cap 100%. Ambient temp 28.1c. Hi press 10.5bar. Hi press temp 101.2c. Comp amps 10.8/ 10.5/11.3. Can you help me out here if I am doing something wrong or not checking something or is there a TK emergency hot line number .
    Thanks in advance
    Lynch
    Hi Lynch, Whats this unit? is a container, truck or trailer unit? see you. Reefermechanic.

I work in Bagdad, Iraq. The units I maintain are powered by gererators. I have several Carrier 69NT40-541, in which the controllers(micro link 3) have stopped working. The LED is flashing ERR1 or ERR2. Its hard to tell. I have the program card but it doesnt work. Carrier transport reefer div has yet to return phone call. I installed a Dixell controller, it runs but doesnt cool like it should. it is set for -18c but only gets down to -7 or so. I believe the smv is preventing it from reaching temp.

Quote Originally Posted by mp snyder View Post
    I work in Bagdad, Iraq. The units I maintain are powered by gererators. I have several Carrier 69NT40-541, in which the controllers(micro link 3) have stopped working. The LED is flashing ERR1 or ERR2. Its hard to tell. I have the program card but it doesnt work. Carrier transport reefer div has yet to return phone call. I installed a Dixell controller, it runs but doesnt cool like it should. it is set for -18c but only gets down to -7 or so. I believe the smv is preventing it from reaching temp.
    hi mp snyder, carrier has shared new version of software for ERR1. Pls contact by your service locator. good luck.. reefer mechanic..

hi mp snyder, carrier has shared new version of software for ERR1. Pls contact by your service locator. good luck.. reefer mechanic..
    Hi Michael, lucky man for today pls check your e-mail see you. reefermechanic.

thanks guys i need "Ml3_serail_number.bin" so i can program my pc card.

Hello,I need service manual for Thermo King V-300 Max - electro schematics of the electrical board. Does anyone have it?

I am having an issue with a TK CRR-40 with a mp-3000 contoller. It showing "Flash Load". What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mp snyder View Post
    I am having an issue with a TK CRR-40 with a mp-3000 contoller. It showing "Flash Load". What does this mean?
    Hi mp snyder you have to update the software. do you know how can do that?? see you reefermechanic

Hi guys, If you need laptop and communication programs and also connection cable for transport units you may contact with me.... For truck, trailer and reefer container units of Daikin, Carrier and Thermoking units. see you.. reefermechanic
    Send me a PM
    Last edited by frank; 25-07-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Hi reefermechanic,

I am having a problem with my Thermoking Reefer container and I was hoping you could help. I have a 2003 Thermoking Magnum unit with a MP-3000 controller. The unit is always set for the same temperature 13.3C or 56F. Recently the container has been going into defrost mode and sort of getting stuck there. To try and stop it, I set the 24 hour defrost to ON, and now it will go 24 hours and then get stuck in defrost. By "stuck" what it will do is go into defrost, heat the evaporator to 86F (aprox 10min), shut the heaters off, starts the compressor, runs for 1 min, goes back into defrost, and on and on. Checking the event log it shows Timed Defrost activated, then ended. These defrost cycles continue with intervals of 7-15min between. I have ran Full PTI and all of the temperature sensors seem to be working correctly. What could this be? I am completely stumped!

Thank you in advance,

BananaNick

Quote Originally Posted by BananaNick View Post
    Hi reefermechanic,

I am having a problem with my Thermoking Reefer container and I was hoping you could help. I have a 2003 Thermoking Magnum unit with a MP-3000 controller. The unit is always set for the same temperature 13.3C or 56F. Recently the container has been going into defrost mode and sort of getting stuck there. To try and stop it, I set the 24 hour defrost to ON, and now it will go 24 hours and then get stuck in defrost. By "stuck" what it will do is go into defrost, heat the evaporator to 86F (aprox 10min), shut the heaters off, starts the compressor, runs for 1 min, goes back into defrost, and on and on. Checking the event log it shows Timed Defrost activated, then ended. These defrost cycles continue with intervals of 7-15min between. I have ran Full PTI and all of the temperature sensors seem to be working correctly. What could this be? I am completely stumped!

Thank you in advance,

BananaNick
    Hi Bananick , Pls check the sensor test on "manual function test" within "PTI COMMAND" MENU. Do you know how can do that? I think defrost sensor/evaporator sensor is defective. Run the sensor test on manual function test. than check the sensors for 5 minutes.. And watch the all sensors. All sensors measurings must be same. Pls check that's and back to me. see you . Reefermechanic

hi there, can i have some thermoking and xrios 500 service manual/ wiring dia gram.

khalidmz786@hotmail.com
    thanks
    khalid

Quote Originally Posted by BananaNick View Post
    Hi reefermechanic,

Thank you in advance,

BananaNick
    Hi banana, pls make a manual function test to the "sensor check" and pls note the all values of sensors. Maybe defrost sensor has been failure... good luck.... see you... reefermechanic.

Peace,

I have a case of 1 unit 40ft Reefer Container (with Daikin System) shipped with consignment of vegetables with setting temperature at 0 Deg C, however, at sometime transit, noted several alarms/code D type and there on supply temperature went up between 10 to 16 Deg C (From Data Logger). What caused malfuctioned ? Also noted, 2 drain plugs, one at front end and one at door end not inserted. Please help !

plod75 Guest

Hi there. I am hoping someone can help me, I am having a go for the first time at fixing a refrigerated container, the only details I have is its a "Celsius 3220" if any has had anything to do with these before I am after a service manual or a wiring diagram for it, someone has done something nasty to the wiring and it doesn't like to run real nice. so anyone can help I would be very grateful Thanks