Hybrid View

Re: all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

Hi Dan,

If you just want the basics like manual defrost and temperatures, the quickest way in my opinion would be to tap into the manual defrost switch (MDS) inputs (KA8 & KB8 - for the older ML2/ML2i controllers). Refer to Carrier's manuals (which contain wiring diagrams) you can download from Carrier's website. Hopefully the ML3 still recognizes these manual defrost inputs as the ML3 can replace a ML2i controller. For reading temperatures, if your PLC can support temperature sensors, then installing separate sensors would be the quickest option.

The better but more complicated option: The MicroLink 3 (ML3) controller has a serial port which can communicate to your PC if you have the DataLine software. You can also download the latest Service pack 8 from Carrier's site (You'll need DataLine first though). If you're not bad at programming you can interface your PLC to the MicroLink directly but you'll need to figure out the communications protocol.

If you get desperate I'll try my best to find a better solution for you. Good luck.

Re: all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

Thanks, Ill start with that. we have pretty good programming assets, if I can get the software, we can probably make it all work. Ill update somewhere down the line.........

Dan