Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmffffffff

hi mr.reefer mechanic i want to ask something because i have new overhaul compressor so i installed in my unit all the system is clean i use nitro and r-141 and i vacuum the system and then i replace a new filter dryer, i operate the unit, after 30mins i see a abnormal movement of my oil compressor because i see in the sight glass that will become empty so no oil come back in my crankcase right???!!so maybe i have a defective TEV may i right??? pls help me

thank you so much

HI There,

I am reefer man from malaysia, i hope to share information with all reefer engineer, technician,mechanic

Rgds

Quote Originally Posted by kheilan View Post
    hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmfffffffffff

a good day to all of us reefer technician

i have a problem in my daikin FAILURE of RETURN SENSOR alarm although the unit is running i can't see the display monitoring of RETURN in reefer i want to replace the sensor but i can't find any dealer here in my country so what can i do now???can i use the sensor from the partlow???so can i use again the unit while im waiting to have a brand new return sensor???

thank u
    Dear Kheilan,

is in return display E

.ON Chartls & Calibrate the partlow chart.

animon.2008 Guest

hi reefer mechanic how r u
    can u help me i need daikin and thermo king service manual where i will get these both are if u have plz sent as a pdf this my id animon.2008@rediff.com

Quote Originally Posted by REEFER CONTR View Post
    Dear Kheilan,

is in return display E

.ON Chartls & Calibrate the partlow chart.
    thank's for the info. i replace a new sensor for return. cheer up

a good day to all reefer technician.....can i ask a few question... . . . . i have new overhaul compressor because the past history of the compressor is broken piston so we overhaul the compressor and now, the compressor is ok i decided to use in reefer CARRIER ML2 now i have seen the abnormality of compressor because before i start using the unit i have been charge the OIL 3/4 of sight glass and now after 1hr and half the oil is running out, so i shut off the unit and start thinking what is the possible cause of that.... .. . . .now i don't have any idea what is going on this is the first time i encounter a problem like this.... .. .-5c before i shut down, the company of compressor repair said to me that my TXV is defective is this possible cause??help me (tnx

fercmal2 Guest

dear sirs

i am not a reefer technician but my situation warrants an immediate solution so i seek your professional help. 15102011257.jpg

we have done initial precooling to -20C before loading the -18C products. however after 20 hrs of cooling only -9C was reached, compressor covered in ice and sight glass white with bubbles. shud i unload and return to the cold stores? kindly advise

Request Service Manual mitsubishi daikin.
    thx
    mcnc6@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by fercmal2 View Post
    dear sirs

i am not a reefer technician but my situation warrants an immediate solution so i seek your professional help. 15102011257.jpg

we have done initial precooling to -20C before loading the -18C products. however after 20 hrs of cooling only -9C was reached, compressor covered in ice and sight glass white with bubbles. shud i unload and return to the cold stores? kindly advise
    Hi fercmal

without any technical info, I would suspect you either have a dirty/blocked evaporator coil or an evaporator fan is not running

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

fercmal2 Guest

hi chillerman

thank you very much for the reply. may i ask what technical info do i need to resolve this prob.
    on another note, when loading to a reefer van, which is better
    1. precool to setpoint (-20C), turn off unit, then immediately load frozen(-18C) products at ambient temp or
    2. precool to setpoint, turn off unit, open doors and allow container to reach ambient, ensure all water(condensate) inside container is evaporated before loading frozen products

sorry for taking so much of your time

Hi fercmal

with loading pull to temp and then load

with the container unit, they normally have access panels to evap/fan on the outside

you can (carefully) check if all fans are running through them, and after a defrost you

can turn the unit off, dissconnect power supply plug and get your head right in there with a torch

to check evap, has defrosted or not, if not you may have heater bars gone down

depends on your electrical knowledge on if you can change these yourself or not

as they are multi-speed, multi-voltage, so have quite a few wires on fans

I presume you have transfered the load now, so in the back you can remove the large panels

to gain full access, Problem if fan not running though could be a contactor fault or control circuit & same with heater bars

So your probaly need an engineer to diagnose/rectify either way

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Quote Originally Posted by fercmal2 View Post
    dear sirs

Hi Sir,

You have to check the electronc expansion valve. And also there is too much refrigeration in the system. Check alll them.. Good luck.

see you

reefer mechanic

Reefer unit - Brazil.jpg

Dear All, For Your Information

Exclamation Re: all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

MSG FROM colleagues

We bring to everyone attention below important message concerning the explosion of container refrigeration units due to suspected wrong refrigerant gas top up during servicing of the units. The explosion occurred from the compressor when units were conducting PTI (Pre-Trip Inspection) and it has resulted 3 casualties unfortunately.

Based on our latest findings, 4 reefer units have exploded; ie 3 from Maersk (2 in Vietnam and 1 in Itajaí, Brazil) and 1 from CMA (in Qingdao, China).

Two units were exploded on 27th April 2011 and 28th April, 2011 in Vietnam; another Maersk unit was exploded on 7th October, 2011 in Brazil; one CMA unit was exploded on 9th October,2011 in Qingdao. Fortunately the exploded unit in Qingdao has not resulted any casualty.

We also share below attached reports and quote from our China/Brazil office.

=Quote on Oct 14 from MOLBR =

We received an incident report fm our TAO reefer vendor, a compressor had exploded on a reefer unit when it was being plugged in for PTI at their depot facility. The intense of the exploded compressor had ripped off the entire machinery compartment right into the front access panel of the container. Fortunately at time of the explosion, no technician was attending to the unit as otherwise it would be fatal.

This reefer unit was mty repo fm Vietnam to TAO and it was being reported that there were 4 similar cases happened recently at other locations which the reefers were also exported fm Vietnam. The cause of the compressor explosion is still under investigation by China Classification Society but may be due to abnormal pressure built up in the compressor caused by non-conformance ***** gas being charged into the system.

In this regards, could you kindly inform and warn all depot reefer vendors to take safety precaution, to check the pressure on both the discharge and service valve, esp for unit that is mty returned fm Vietnam and if deem necessary to flush out the ***** in the system and clean it out completely.

Attached file herewith, aftermath photos on the extent of the damages sustained on subj reefer taken at TAO for your reference.

=unquote=

Feedback from our Brazil reefer vendors indicated that Vietnam reefer vendors might have injected GRP and L12 gas instead of R134. Maersk has since postponed its PTI arrangement in Brazil on the 300 units loaded from Vietnam during March to May period.

HKHKGLEM has also followed up with MOL Vietnam to further understood the case. The 2 Maersk units exploded in Vietnam happened on April 2011 and the vendor was APM Saigonship (A joint venture company with one of Maersk’s subsidiary). Preliminary findings indicated that APM Saigonship might have injected wrong refrigerant into the reefer units during reefer servicing. On the other hand, MOL Vietnam confirmed the current 5 reefer servicing vendors appointed in Vietnam (3 in HCM, 1 in HPH and 1 in Danang) are using R134 refrigerants that origins & manufacturers are Dupont (USA), Klear (Japan), Forane (France), Kalton (Germany) and Forane (France) respectively. As a safety precaution, MOL Vietnam will also generate the reefer lists being serviced from March period. These will be shared on next distribution.

Separately, HKHKGLEM gathered H. Yamamoto san of JPTYOLEQ comments that the explosion might be due to HC-12A ***** (a flammable refrigerant) wrongly injected to R134A base reefer. He is currently gathering information from Carrier Transicold to confirm it.

HKGLEM will continue to follow up with Vietnam and respective offices involved on the development of this case. Should you have any updates to share, please forward to HKHKGLEM for consolidation and distribution. We would like to streamline all updates on this case vie HKHKGLEM. During the interim, we would like all offices to check from StarNet system on units origin before PTI. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact HKGLEM.

Please also distribute this information within and to all related parties.

Quote Originally Posted by reefermechanic View Post

reefer mechanic
    Hi Sir:
    I work in field SBII thermo king, and i have some problems in cycle senetry switch. could you please to send me anything related in like diagrams, wiring code and possibe cause .....
    Any help is appreciated.
    thanks alot
    My email is giath2008@hotmail.com

Hi Reefer Mechanic,
    I am working on a Daikin RZP125DV1 and the customer gets Installation Manual but not the Service Manual.
    Could you help me with that issue ?
    (After changing indoor unit, the Daikin does not start and gives E4 error code).
    Thank You
    Alain

hello im here again and again i need a advice because im working now on my CARRIER REEFER CONTAINER VAN here my trouble i have a unit thus have alarm 20 fuse blown so i check the control box and i see the 10ampere fuse blown so on the spot i replace a new and good 10ampere fuse now i can clear the alarm 21 to the unit, i thought the unit is becoming ok if i replace that fuse but when i try to start the unit when the compressor is running or contactor compressor is running the fuse 3 is blown again and again and again.

what is maybe the possible problem of this unit any idea or experiencing this trouble kindly share to me thank you so much.
    Last edited by kheilan; 13-11-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: wrong encode

hello im here again and again i need a advice because im working now on my CARRIER REEFER CONTAINER VAN here my trouble i have a unit thus have alarm 21 fuse blown so i check the control box and i see the 10ampere fuse blown so on the spot i replace a new and good 10ampere fuse now i can clear the alarm 21 to the unit, i thought the unit is becoming ok if i replace that fuse but when i try to start the unit when the compressor is running or contactor compressor is running the fuse 3 is blown again and again and again.

what is maybe the possible problem of this unit any idea or experiencing this trouble kindly share to me thank you so much.
    Hi khelian,

check your mail box

see you..

reefer mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by mimini View Post
    Hi Reefer Mechanic,
    I am working on a Daikin RZP125DV1 and the customer gets Installation Manual but not the Service Manual.
    Could you help me with that issue ?
    (After changing indoor unit, the Daikin does not start and gives E4 error code).
    Thank You
    Alain

Hi Alain,

I think your unit is not refrigerated container unit. I cant help you. sorry..

see you

reefer mechanic

Hi animon.2008

All them too much. Maybe one of one i can send you the manual. Which one you need??

See you

Reefer Mechanic.

Hi Alain,

I think your unit is not refrigerated container unit. I cant help you. sorry..

see you

reefer mechanic
    Sorry, you're right ... my bad English made me post in the bad place.
    See you.
    Alain

Help me please!What do theemergencycodesE6 and E7inthe refrigeratorKerstner202E?How to remove them?

hey now this is the problem which i have a challenge can someone advice for this

m on the ship and i have a dikin reefer setpoint -25 is not getting in range and all the things seems ok
    which are as below:-
    supply=-24.6,return=-19.0,suction pressure=-.39 bar,discharge pressure=13.5 bar
    EV=10
    SMV=100
    SG=44.7
    DC=-91.2
    EO=-25.3
    EI=-28.3
    AMBIENT=35
    C.T=8.1AMP

SO i know you are reefer geeks so hoping for your good response.....take care

hey guys can anyone maby help me out with a panasonic unit model number cu-140c53xp? unit runs for a while and then completely shuts down ...im still learning about ref...

hi all ... i dont no if anybody can help but i hope so...i have an carrier thinline with controller microlink 3 and i want to change the battery data(BR 2330) anybody knows if it was like microlink 2i or it is necessary to weld ,the old was just plugged in, I can not see on these new because it comes filled with glue and I did not want to venture without knowing if it is really necessary welding it or not...

glad for your attention
    hope anybody can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiripper View Post
    hi all ... i dont no if anybody can help but i hope so...i have an carrier thinline with controller microlink 3 and i want to change the battery data(BR 2330) anybody knows if it was like microlink 2i or it is necessary to weld ,the old was just plugged in, I can not see on these new because it comes filled with glue and I did not want to venture without knowing if it is really necessary welding it or not...

glad for your attention
    hope anybody can help.
    Hi Ruirippe

yes you right , ,the old was just plugged in. But new batteries are different. You need to solder. But i didn't replace any new type. You should careful the plus and minus connections. Good luck.

see you
    reefer mechanic

hello. happy new year!!!.

I need views on the alarm13 : I/O expansion communication fault on .
    unit type carrier, scroll compressor.

how to off or by pass the I/O expansion communication.

Hello!
    I have a problem with SRAM cards. I wanted to upgrade to 5354 in a reefer, but I tried with several cards and now everyone shows me the display "bad card".
    I've formatted the card and put the softwar again, but I still have the same problem. I tried to change the battery of the cards but not solved. Can you help?

I apologize for my poor English
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanPeskanov View Post
    Hello!
    I have a problem with SRAM cards. I wanted to upgrade to 5354 in a reefer, but I tried with several cards and now everyone shows me the display "bad card".
    I've formatted the card and put the softwar again, but I still have the same problem. I tried to change the battery of the cards but not solved. Can you help?

Thanks!

Hi Peskanov,

I m sorry but i think you have to buy new PCMCI card.

good luck

reefer mechanic.

Last edited by reefermechanic; 27-02-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Last edited by reefermechanic; 27-02-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Hi khelian,check your mail boxsee you..reefer mechanic
    Hi sir i solved my problem grounded SSV ireplace new thanks sir cher up hehehe

mr. reefer mechanic what can i do my compressor have icing on suction section when the temperature is -16 the suction section wil be heavy frosted so i will stop operation of the unit :'(

mr. reefer mechanic what can i do my compressor have icing on suction section when the temperature is -16 the suction section wil be heavy frosted so i will stop operation of the unit :'(
    hi kheilan
    what s the unit model number??

see you

reefermechanic

Peskanov

Are you using aftermarket cards? You have to reprogram the card or charge the battery. Keep it in the omnidrive and recharge the card. Then format and reload the software.

This happens to me once in a while with the non carrier cards.

I have a question. LXE10E -A15B. Unit cools fine but will not heat or defrost. Suction pressure is -50kpa in defrost. Both HSV and DSV operating normally(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)

PTI alarms J241 and J321. ANY IDEAS ?

Same one we touched on ?

Quote Originally Posted by bruisermac View Post
    will not heat or defrost

(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)
    Curious, where does this "feel hot" end ?

I mean if it's not making it to to evap, gota 'end' somewhere.

Edit; Another thought, any chance it might be slightly under charged ?
    Last edited by Will; 01-03-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisermac View Post
    I have a question. LXE10E -A15B. Unit cools fine but will not heat or defrost. Suction pressure is -50kpa in defrost. Both HSV and DSV operating normally(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)

PTI alarms J241 and J321. ANY IDEAS ?

Hi bruisermac

pls check your PM.

see you,

Reefer mechanic.

pls i have a question .i have probleme in the starcool unit.section presser 0.5b and desh presser 6.4 b all valve are ok .set point -20 ret -13 sup -16 the probleme is the frequncy of the copressor is very low 33 HZ .tubing pressure section is full of frost.
    i am sorry for my english.
    thanks

Hi reefermechanic maybe you can help me to find service manuals for SB II trailer, how to access the super guarded access of SB III SR+ a manuals for this as well, also i need to also a thermo king trucks and trailers parts catalogue. Here is my email rebartolay@yahoo.com. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terminal View Post
    pls i have a question .i have probleme in the starcool unit.section presser 0.5b and desh presser 6.4 b all valve are ok .set point -20 ret -13 sup -16 the probleme is the frequncy of the copressor is very low 33 HZ .tubing pressure section is full of frost.
    i am sorry for my english.
    thanks
    You seem to have a defective suction temp sensor (reading is probably too high), so controller keeps on trying to open the EEV on higher percentage than needed to pull down.

Try to compare the readings of the evaporator temp sensor and suction temp sensor. They should not be too far from each other.

thank you gentlemen for your help. I checked all sensor are good.i've found the problem in copresseur performance.
    best regard

check evaporator fan if it is running or any ice clogging before and after evaporator airway. if ok then check expansion valve.

hi, i have small problem with carrier 69nt40-541-301. i found the unit was not running and no display.supply voltage were checked and found all ok.checked all connectors found all ok. i replaced the controller ML3. then unit ran. but the cooling is not that efficient. it only cool down to -1.8C to -1.3 sup, ret from 1.2 to 0.8C. SP is -2.0C. On the display cd01 smv opening is already 100%. it was cooling good before the old controller fail. i already bypassed the smv line with a hose from port before the smv to suction service valve(thinking that the smv not really opening) but still not cooling good. the new controller (ML3 uncofgrd,recip p/n 12-55008)has built in operational software (cd18) 5147. but unconfigured (cd20 is blank).dont have configuration software onboard right now.
    how much must be the current or voltage (forgot how smv is controlled ) when the contrller is commaNDING IT TO OPEN 100 %(because i measured V nothing, or even negative small value with smv disconnected)? iwant to correct first the software installed before jumping to conclusion that the EV is the problem.it is possible that the problem is cause by this unconfigured controller?

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanPeskanov View Post
    Hello!

Thanks!
    Have you tried recharging the card in the Omni reader and reloading software.

Quote Originally Posted by alfredegz2003 View Post
    hi, i have small problem with carrier 69nt40-541-301. i found the unit was not running and no display.supply voltage were checked and found all ok.checked all connectors found all ok. i replaced the controller ML3. then unit ran. but the cooling is not that efficient. it only cool down to -1.8C to -1.3 sup, ret from 1.2 to 0.8C. SP is -2.0C. On the display cd01 smv opening is already 100%. it was cooling good before the old controller fail. i already bypassed the smv line with a hose from port before the smv to suction service valve(thinking that the smv not really opening) but still not cooling good. the new controller (ML3 uncofgrd,recip p/n 12-55008)has built in operational software (cd18) 5147. but unconfigured (cd20 is blank).dont have configuration software onboard right now.
    how much must be the current or voltage (forgot how smv is controlled ) when the contrller is commaNDING IT TO OPEN 100 %(because i measured V nothing, or even negative small value with smv disconnected)? iwant to correct first the software installed before jumping to conclusion that the EV is the problem.it is possible that the problem is cause by this unconfigured controller?
    You are right that you should first make sure model config is properly set. From what you said that SP is -2.0C and supply temp(controlling sensor) is -1.8C then stepper valve should already be partially closed.

Hi Alfredegz,

check ur pm

see you

reefer mechanic

Hi guys

I'm having an issue loading the Star Cool version 0350 software onto the CIM 6 units. I'm using a laptop to do the upload as i am currently stil waiting for my logman that i ordered 2months ago.
    When ive connected to the reefer with starview through the laptop i go to the software upload option. Once selected unit shuts down and the upload window starts to test the connection and says satus ok after a few seconds. But the upload progress bar stays at 0% and when i go into details it shows that 2 block errors have occured.

Can anyone shed some light on what these block errors could be or what i'm doing wrong. I have never updated a star cool reefer with a laptop so if anyone can maybe provide me with a step by step on the process.

Also i would like to know if daiken, thermoking and carrier(all mentioned reefers are marine reefers) can be updated with a laptop and if so what sofware do i need and where to getit. I already have the updates available, but with no logman i'm a little stuck....

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,
    I have changed comp. in an LXE10E Daikin. Sight glass was foggy so i changed that and drier.Recharged with virgin R134a. Unit ran for about 1 min or 2 then went into deep vacuum. I trouble shoot alarm 109 per latest bulletin. I have changed eev body, lsv coil and body. How to trouble shoot SMV without magnet. Any and all help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer709 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have changed comp. in an LXE10E Daikin. Sight glass was foggy so i changed that and drier.Recharged with virgin R134a. Unit ran for about 1 min or 2 then went into deep vacuum. I trouble shoot alarm 109 per latest bulletin. I have changed eev body, lsv coil and body. How to trouble shoot SMV without magnet. Any and all help appreciated.

Hi Reefer709

Do you sure EEV is ok? Pls take out the bobin of EEv from body. Then run the reefer. You have to check on select menu LPT. Waiting your reply.

Best regards.

reefer mechanic