Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

There also may be a problem with either one of your evap inlet and outlet sensors that can be checked in the menu check your ambient sensor as well

There also may be a problem with either one of your evap inlet and outlet sensors that can be checked in the menu check your ambient sensor as well. Make sure that when you put the EEV coil onto the body that you seal it with silicone as moisture gets into the body and freezes up causing vacuums

Good Day Mr. Reefer technician,

I'm trainee electrical officer in MAERSK line. Just started my 2nd sailing in MAY2012. I dont have much experiance on troubleshooting of REEFERS. I've handled DAIKIN,STARCOOL,CARRIER,TK.Will need your guidance for troubleshooting. I'm already started to reading through all manuals. But still require your guidance. I hope you will.

Thanking you.
    Rohit.

hi there Guys, I have a problem with an NT20-531-301. The unit throws up an AL14, it is running and at temp and has been for 2 days. we have checked all the IP circuits and all wiring. the evap motors are all working and the controller is reading current.I have tried to swap the incoming phases over and the other phase contactor pulls in and the alarm remains active. The incoming power is ok .

WE have also checked Cd41 and the right hand digit is a 4.The manual tells me it is either a motor or sensor. The manual doesnt tell me what sensor. I have reconfigured the controller and loaded the latest software, still no joy. We have swapped the controller and also tried a new expansion module and the alarm is still active. We have checked the terminals on the compressor and they are all ok. the current draw on the compressor is within limits. I have talked wirth a couple of people and they seem to think that the compressor could be the problem. I really need to be sure before recommending this .
    Any help that anyone can give would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Last edited by reefermechanic; 27-02-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by E/E Rohit View Post
    Good Day Mr. Reefer technician,

I'm trainee electrical officer in MAERSK line. Just started my 2nd sailing in MAY2012. I dont have much experiance on troubleshooting of REEFERS. I've handled DAIKIN,STARCOOL,CARRIER,TK.Will need your guidance for troubleshooting. I'm already started to reading through all manuals. But still require your guidance. I hope you will.

Thanking you.
    Rohit.
    Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your good wishes. I try help you for your request. But reefer container jobs is not easy. I was working since 10 years in this job. I still learning a lot of things when working. My suggestion would be to develop the most important scholar, cooling and electricity.

good luck
    see you

reefermechanic.

Hi all reefer,
    First, sorry for my poor English.
    I have a problem with Carrier 551-506 (scroll compressor). It got P10-1 Fail when Pretrip, about 3-4 units got same this problem. I've check refrigerant OK, all valves are operating normally. When unit's in cooling mode (not in Pretrip), it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system. Normally, a 40' unit take about 3-4 hours for a Pretrip, but it took over 6-9 hous then got P10-1 Fail. Also i've SW (5354), config (551-506) are OK. I was confused this problem, so anyone can help me for solving it pls.

Thanks & Bgds,

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferC View Post
    Hi all reefer,
    I have a problem with Carrier 551-506 (scroll compressor). It got P10-1 Fail when Pretrip, about 3-4 units got same this problem. I've check refrigerant OK, all valves are operating normally. When unit's in cooling mode (not in Pretrip), it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system. Normally, a 40' unit take about 3-4 hours for a Pretrip, but it took over 6-9 hous then got P10-1 Fail. Also i've SW (5354), config (551-506) are OK. I was confused this problem, so anyone can help me for solving it pls.

Thanks & Bgds,

Hi reeferC

welcome on board)

Have you try work the normal operation to the reefer? You have to set the set temperatureto -18.0 C and pls note when return temperature to the -18.0 C. I no know have you check to the inside of reefer container. If there is damage on buffer plate and evaporator fan blades reefer unit doesn't cool. Check them pls.

good luck
    reefer mechanic

Hi all reefer,

Thanks & Bgds,
    and also you have to check air flow of condenser coil. If need clean the condenser coil.

see you

reefer mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by reefermechanic View Post
    Hi reeferC

welcome on board)

Have you try work the normal operation to the reefer? You have to set the set temperatureto -18.0 C and pls note when return temperature to the -18.0 C. I no know have you check to the inside of reefer container. If there is damage on buffer plate and evaporator fan blades reefer unit doesn't cool. Check them pls.

good luck
    reefer mechanic
    First, thanks so much for very quickly reply,
    Yes, i set unit -18C for cooling, as i said ''it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system'', can't reach to -18C (i don't know why, i think this made pretrip's lasted). Return & Supply are normally, they different 6C. Also i've check evap motor fan, blade are OK, only the humidity sensor is cut, Inside, plate's good. Seem problem is why it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst ?
    Hope u know.
    Thanks again,

First, thanks so much for very quickly reply,
    Yes, i set unit -18C for cooling, as i said ''it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system'', can't reach to -18C (i don't know why, i think this made pretrip's lasted). Return & Supply are normally, they different 6C. Also i've check evap motor fan, blade are OK, only the humidity sensor is cut, Inside, plate's good. Seem problem is why it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst ?
    Hope u know.
    Thanks again,

Hi ReeferC

I think air comes from outside to inside container.

Pls check all them below mationed then reply to me.

* Check the condenser coil. Dirty or clean?
    * Check the isolation of evaporator fan motor acces panels. There must be isolation for air bypass. You know this? Black insulating tape to the top of back of acces panels.
    * Check the door rubber of container doors.
    * Chek the Compressor service valves or liquid line shutoff valve
    partially closed?

* check insulation of air vent door. Also it must be fully close.

good luck

see you
    reefer mechanic

hi there reefer C, have you checked the TX valve. I had one not to long ago that would do the same. We narrowed it down to the TX Valve. It will go into defrost if it detects there is no difference in supply and return
    e.g evaporator coil iced up. Try taking it off auto defrost and running it you will see what the suction pressure is doing. The TX valve might be closing prematurely, this can be caused by moisture in the system, have yiou tried a new filter drier and refrigerant charge

Try these and see where you go

good luck

Hi, Thanks so much 4 replying reefer mechanic, phil Landon.
    I've checked this unit in this morning, problem i think that's WATER inside, have amount of water inside reefer container, maybe water pipe's choed up & 4 drains hose can't open. So the time to pretrip is long. Tommorow, my coworker will clean inside then try to PTI it again, then i'll report to u.

@ phil Landon, i'll pay attention to ur ideas. Thanks

Thanks again 4 reply,
    Goodluck all.

Hi all, some days im so busy, I checked, problem is Water inside. After cleaning, do PTI again & Passed.
    Thanks 4 all rp.
    Bdgs

Mr. Reefer mechanic help me can u give me a manual and part list of daikin decosIIIb i can't find the supply sensor of that unit ;( tnx this is my email address lilgenesis_19@yahoo.com and kh31lan@gmail.com

hi, i am having a problem with a thermo king rd II 50 tci dual temp unit have chaecked and had charged with ***** but still cannot get the unit to cool everything seems to be working but it acts like there is a vavle or something some where not letting the ***** cool the unit neither unit will cool front or rear and also if any one has a manual on this unit i would really appreciate it as i cannot get the fan on the rear evap unit to run it has no power to the fan motor any hepl would be greatly appreciated my email is sid_sidney2002@yahoo

also this is a 1995 model unit

Tsk tsk i have a problem my unit have a heavly frosting in suction side of compressor the model of my unit is 69nt40-501 i dont know what is the problem when the unit is -5 its starting to have frosted help me

is the unit modulating? some older units do frost up quite a bit on the compressor can u run the unit to 0 & -20 and can u tell me the pressures at these temps

Quote Originally Posted by kheilan View Post
    Mr. Reefer mechanic help me can u give me a manual and part list of daikin decosIIIb i can't find the supply sensor of that unit ;( tnx this is my email address lilgenesis_19@yahoo.com and kh31lan@gmail.com
    hi khelian

pls you should say unit's model number.

see you.

reefer mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by sid_sidney View Post
    hi, i am having a problem with a thermo king rd II 50 tci dual temp unit have chaecked and had charged with ***** but still cannot get the unit to cool everything seems to be working but it acts like there is a vavle or something some where not letting the ***** cool the unit neither unit will cool front or rear and also if any one has a manual on this unit i would really appreciate it as i cannot get the fan on the rear evap unit to run it has no power to the fan motor any hepl would be greatly appreciated my email is sid_sidney2002@yahoo

hi,

is that reefer container unit??

see you

reefer mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by kheilan View Post
    Tsk tsk i have a problem my unit have a heavly frosting in suction side of compressor the model of my unit is 69nt40-501 i dont know what is the problem when the unit is -5 its starting to have frosted help me

hi khelian,

you can check pls txv valve and defrost sensor.

good luck

reefer mechanic

Hi, Thanks so much 4 replying reefer mechanic, phil Landon.
    I've checked this unit in this morning, problem i think that's WATER inside, have amount of water inside reefer container, maybe water pipe's choed up & 4 drains hose can't open. So the time to pretrip is long. Tommorow, my coworker will clean inside then try to PTI it again, then i'll report to u.

@ phil Landon, i'll pay attention to ur ideas. Thanks

Thanks again 4 reply,
    Goodluck all.
    Hi reeferC,

best information when clogged drain hose.thnks.

see you

reefer mechanic.
    thanks
    emmmm aa few months agoaa too

it was a truck mounted 24 foot box that i have put on a trailer that we are going to use for cold storage as it is diesel with the electric stand by

hi,

is that reefer container unit??

see you

reefer mechanic.

now have the unit cooling had a leaking compressor seal and a bad throttling valve but still really need a manual for this as i still cant get the evap fan for the other unit to come so i really need the wiring diagrams for this so i can trace it back to find my problem

hi,Im new need to know how to daignose thermoking relay board>mp3000

i have this daikin reefer shutdown alarm E107,E101

have u check the codes ,maybe its on e auto fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Tifare Jone View Post
    i have this daikin reefer shutdown alarm E107,E101
    Hi Tifare Jone

Welcome on board)

you have to check EEV ( electronic expansion valve) , dryer and refrigerant level in the system. Also you have to check condenser coil. Condenser coil must be clean when high ambiant temperatures.

good luck

see you

reefer mechanic

Need a spare parts manual for the above. Can any one direct me to a link where I can download a PDF file.

Good day Reefer mechanic,

Have a problem with DAIKIN reefer LXE10E-1....showing alarm F803(abnormilities) unit stop.........after restaring the unit cleared the alarm unit till working fine. Dnot know for how long it will work fine. Please need help from you to troubleshoot.

Hi Rohit, this alarm top2 alarm type for daikin units. Have you got recovery machine? You have to recovery all refrigrant from system. Then you to have to make deep vacuum. It must be about one hour. Then you can charge the refrigerant again to the system. But right level. Check pls refrigerant level for your unit on the label left of compressor. If there is air or moisture in the system unit shows F803 alarm code. I m waiting your reply problem solved or not solved. Good luck. Reefer mechanic.

Hi Refermechanic,

I find that you have little knowledge of HVAC systems. I am very concerned that I need to communicate a new product designed with a Daikin air conditioning system, but this I do not have the Daikin Communication Protocol were, or at least the algorithm to calculate the frame check sequence.

Could you help me with something, please, it is very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xorteleco View Post
    Hi Refermechanic,

I find that you have little knowledge of HVAC systems. I am very concerned that I need to communicate a new product designed with a Daikin air conditioning system, but this I do not have the Daikin Communication Protocol were, or at least the algorithm to calculate the frame check sequence.

Could you help me with something, please, it is very important to me.
    Hi xorteleco

i would like to help you. What do you need?

see you

reefermechanic

Hi reefermechanic,

I'm trying to figure out what the frame check code using Daikin in communications between the thermostat and the indoor unit through air conditioning systems.

Do you know anything about this protocol or where I can find information about it?

Thank you very much!

hello everyone, I need your help i have to change software thermo king MP 3000 but when i try that one message in my log man (check the compatibility between controler and log men) now i want jast restar the reefer in the furst situation but the conntainer in mode flush load ,icut power and restar also reefer in mode flush load,,the rrefer is full ans set pont -35c.plz help

Hi xorteleco

i would like to help you. What do you need?

see you

reefermechanic
    Hi reefermechanic,

I'm trying to figure out what the frame check code using Daikin in communications between the thermostat and the indoor unit through air conditioning systems.

Do you know anything about this protocol or where I can find information about it?

Thank you very much

Hi all,
    i am indra from Indonesia.
    in this 2weeks i'am looking for the following compressor in Indonesia and Singapore. but still can not find the compressor. maybe someone here can help me to figure out this compressor.
    MISUBISHI Compressor Type : RS 2514ESH1 No ALA 201 AD 19 type ***** R22. Use for Freezer container.

hi everyone,

is anyone aware where can i have a thermoguard upVI rebuild any place in europe??? i am aware of erickson, rte but they are located in the states. anybody in europe???

appreciate your help,
    nikolas

Try the Carrier Transicold Electronics REbuild Center in Rotterdam details at http://www.performanceparts.carrier....csbrochure.pdf

Hello there!!!can i ask what is LEAK BACK to the compressor and PUMPING OIL???im so curious o.O

"Be a very good listener and someday you will become a very good speaker"

sukhdevsuri Guest

Hi Reefer709
    You probably have a contaminated system because of impure refrigerant. You will need to flush out the system with dry nitrogen and than do a deep vacuum with a vacuum pump. Recharge fresh refrigerant and try running the unit.

Rgds
    Sukhdev

sukhdevsuri Guest

Hi Guys

I am very new to RE. Ai am facing a peculiar problem with a new Carrier Primeline unit done just 1 voyage. During AUTO PTI 2 i get failure in P6-5. Although i have replaced the compressor i still get this failure in AUTO PTI2. Can any one suggest remeady. I am sure there is some external fault in this unit.

Tks/Rgds
    Sukhdev

sukhdevsuri Guest

Sorry guys but can you tell me how to put in a new thread. I am confused.

Tks

Quote Originally Posted by terminal View Post
    hello everyone, I need your help i have to change software thermo king MP 3000 but when i try that one message in my log man (check the compatibility between controler and log men) now i want jast restar the reefer in the furst situation but the conntainer in mode flush load ,icut power and restar also reefer in mode flush load,,the rrefer is full ans set pont -35c.plz help
    Hi Terminal,

You need a laptop ( has got RS232 port) and and software program of TK ( smartsponge) . Have you got these?

see you

reefer mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by sukhdevsuri View Post
    Hi Guys

I am very new to RE. Ai am facing a peculiar problem with a new Carrier Primeline unit done just 1 voyage. During AUTO PTI 2 i get failure in P6-5. Although i have replaced the compressor i still get this failure in AUTO PTI2. Can any one suggest remeady. I am sure there is some external fault in this unit.

Tks/Rgds
    Sukhdev

Hi Sukhdev,

Pls say the model number of your reefer unit ? 69NT40XX

see you

reefermechanic.

Hi all bros,
    Is there anyway to disable (not display on screen) DAL86, AL67 (Carrier) by keypad (without using laptop or replacing materials) for case of emergency ?

Thanks so much.

transicold carrier training courses....

Icon Legend
    School Registration Closed / Full
    School Location Changed
    School Dates Changed
    School Cancelled
    To view a course description, or register for a school - click on the course date in the table
    below.
    For further information about training on refrigerated containers, please contact Jack Kurz at
    +1.315.432.7608 or David Whyte at +1.315.432.6411.
    Course Dates Registration Deadline Course Title Location No. Student Enrollment
    08/29/2012 -- 08/30/2012 30.07.2012 2-Day Controlled Atmosphere Valparaiso, Chile 2249 26 of 24 students
    09/03/2012 - School CANCELLED 03.08.2012 1-Week Container - SPANISH ONLY San Jose, Costa Rica 2252 12 of 24 students
    09/11/2012 -- 09/13/2012 10.08.2012 Advanced 3-Day Container Product Update Puerto Madryn, Argentina 2238 13 of 12 students
    09/12/2012 -- 09/13/2012 13.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Surubaya, Indonesia 2232 20 of 20 students
    09/18/2012 -- 09/19/2012 06.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Cape Town, South Africa 2231 14 of 24 students
    09/24/2012 -- 09/28/2012 20.08.2012 1-Week Container - SPANISH ONLY Guayaquil, Ecuador 2253 24 of 24 students
    09/24/2012 -- 09/25/2012 22.08.2012 2-Day Gen Set Montreal, Canada 2254 4 of 24 students
    09/24/2012 -- 09/26/2012 24.08.2012 Part A - 3 Day Refrigerated Container Basic Tauranga, New Zealand 2233A 26 of 24 students
    09/25/2012 -- 09/26/2012 24.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Mombasa, Kenya 2241 8 of 12 students
    09/26/2012 -- 09/28/2012 24.08.2012 3-Day Container Product Update - ENGLISH ONLY Montreal, Canada 2255 8 of 24 students
    09/27/2012 -- 09/28/2012 27.08.2012 Part B - 2 Day Refrigerated Container Advanced Tauranga, New Zealand 2233B 24 of 24 students
    10/09/2012 -- 10/10/2012 31.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Izmir, Turkey 2234 3 of 12 students
    10/22/2012 -- 10/26/2012 21.09.2012 1-Week Container Xiamen, China 2235 22 of 24 students
    11/05/2012 -- 11/06/2012 08.10.2012 2-Day Gen Set Long Beach, CA 2256 1 of 24 students
    11/07/2012 -- 11/09/2012 12.10.2012 3-Day Container Product Update Long Beach, CA 2257 1 of 24 students
    11/14/2012 -- 11/15/2012 15.10.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Yokohama, Japan 2236 0 of 12

Kheilan

Leak back is the amount of refrigerant that will pass backwards through the compressor when it is stopped. All units even brand new have some leak back and is the reason that the Suction and discharge pressures equalise while the compressor is stopped. Pumping oil is exactly what it says all compressors have an internal oil pump which operates from the crankshaft or motor shaft direct drive to circulate, pump oil through the bearings.

Hi sir adacus thanks for the explanation but i want to ask i have a new overhaul compressor when i testing the unit its almost 1hr i cant see the oil in the sight glass and now i dismount the head cyclinder of the compressor and i start running the compresor and i see the oil pass through piston...what is the problem of that?