CaptineNEMO Guest

Exclamation Hi Need Some Help

Hi I am a new member and mainly i need info about how to replace used ***** in a cycle not technical info but scientific as an example why we can replace r22 with r 134a on what basis did we do that?
    that was my first question i will sort the rest and i hope to find suitable answers
    when the ***** acts to be corrosive ? i heard that some *****s are corrosive for rubber for example.
    what are the basics we choose lubrication oil in the compressor and motor? some time it reacts with ***** so how to avoid it .
    how to measure the ***** flow rate in the cycle?
    as there are methods to save energy through controling the compressor work which is proportional the mass flowrate through it.
    if any one got any answers i will be greetful.
    SORRY FOR DISTURBANCE AND BAD ENGLISH.

Re: Hi Need Some Help

Hi, CaptineNEMO!

I found follow links.
    About retrofits:
    www.bristolcompressors.com/InfoDocs/Application Bulletin 124.pdf
    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=99414

About corrosion (and R-12):
    http://www.conveniencerefrigeration....-install.shtml
    Last edited by DVaider; 19-10-2008 at 12:10 AM.

CaptineNEMO Guest

hi DVaider thx for ur effort but the last link shows nothing file has been removed but the rest are cool
    if any one can help plz dont hesitate
    CaptineNEMO

Captain Nemo, boy what a bunch of questions. It would take hours of discussions to explain all of that to you.

If you replace R-22 with R-134a, expect about a 30% loss in capacity for the compresor. The reason R-22 is going away is the chlorine base chemicals and the ozone level. R-134 contains no chlorine, but has a higher GWP (global warming potential).

Certain refrigerants require a POE oil and some require a PAO oil. The elastomers (o-rings) used have to be compatible with both the oil and the refrigerant. The o-rings do not corrode as you state.

To measure the refrigerant flow rate in a system, you will need some rather expensive flow meters. Also are you going to measure the gas flow or liquid flow?

Compressors are controlled to reduce capacity as well as reduce power. Scre compressor generally have a fully proportional slide valve which operate from 10% capacity to 100% capacity.

Recip compressors, deactivate cylinders, generally by lifting the suction valves. You pump less volume and require less power.

Centrifugal will use some type of suction damping or inlet guide vanes to reduce capapcity. Thes machines are limited in turn down capability due to the constant head design.

You can also use speed reduction via a variable speed drive, provided the electric motor is designed for inverter duty operation.

Hope this helps.

Ken

and to-days weather forcast
    it will go either go dark or rain before morning