albertjoseph Guest

Trane CVHE 450 R11 Centrifugal Chiller

Hi, guys. Thank you for looking at my enquiry.

I am working in a shopping center which has been installed since 1989 with 3 nos of TRANE CVHE 450 R11 Chiller. The chillers working in perfect condition with good efficiency.

Our usuall practice is to rotate the chillers by running 2 units everyday from 10.00am to 10pm.

The chillers are rated 450RT/300KW runs on 415V voltage with R11 gas. All the chiilers are connected to TRANE UCP1 controller which has been faulty quite sometime ago and these chlllers are switched on manualy at panel mounted on the chiller itself. The Local distributor could not give me a solution to repair the controller saying the units is obsolete now.

Since I would like to do some energy saving through optimising the chiller usage and reduce operation of 2 chillers during rainy season or night time.

I have consulted few people including TRANE & SIEMENS but they could not help much by saying this is a old chiller. They comment is the chiller could not communicate with current system.

Since the chillers are located at lower floor and my office is at 7th floor, it is not easy to monitor and control the chillers.

I just require to monior the water temperature of CHW & CW entry,leaving and most probably to load/unload, to on/off the chillers by remote.

I would appreciate if you guys came across or have any idea to connect the MicroP on the chiller panel to other devices such as network PC by intergration or through software. FYI Each chiller panel has 2 terminals for binary output through cable connection from th UCP1.

Thank you in advance.
    Albert- Malaysia

Re: Trane CVHE 450 R11 Centrifugal Chiller

i think that you need a good network guy,and whit a small laptop it must be possible to link the 3 units over the network to youre office and back.

Ice

I'm the BAS project engineer for Trane in Holland.

there is a comm 4 card for this chiller type which you can connect to a Trane BCU. With the proper software (Tracer Summit) you can monitor and enable the chiller remote!

I can't find a controls department for Trane in Malaysia, I don't know if they are company owned. But if they are, they can do it for you!

albertjoseph Guest

Thank you Lowrider. I appreciate your reply.

Since you have worked on this kind of situation, can u elobrate to me how the chiller communicate with the network for example the BAS system. What sort of language it understand or communicate and please give me basic idea how this system interprete the signal from the MicroP. Is it uses BACNET or some other protocol to communicate?

Thank you inadvance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    I'm the BAS project engineer for Trane in Holland.

there is a comm 4 card for this chiller type which you can connect to a Trane BCU. With the proper software (Tracer Summit) you can monitor and enable the chiller remote!

I can't find a controls department for Trane in Malaysia, I don't know if they are company owned. But if they are, they can do it for you!

The chillers communicate using a protocol by Trane which the BCU can "talk". The BCU can communicate using BACnet!