Mitsubishi Approved

How do you become a Mitsubishi approved installer. Some specs ask for it and I have been told it is given if you spend x amount of cash with Mitsubishi. This just seems like they are trying to monopolise the industry.

Is there another way as It is catch 22 if you can't get contracts because you have not had contracts.

Re: Mitsubishi Approved

Same as Daikin D1- it's all sales driven BS

BS BS BS...........Lets all buy Toshiba!

You could also attend training through dean & wood, we did so and became mitsu approved.

Al

Hi Al

I have contacted several people at Mitsi and they say this is not enough. I am going on a training course to back myself up. Did you get a certificate stating that you are an AI.

my understanding is: d&w say we are approved, D&w guarantee to provide equipment and parts, therefore in my view an actual cert from mitsu is not required,

all consultant can insist on is the above and as has been found here, where a consultant insists on a brand this is deemed anti competitive, tender should say " or equivelent",

we have had tenders changed and have quoted hitachi etc,

on a seperate note some of the larger mitsu agents here are also mitsu heavy installer approved, if the client is not savvy enough they still end up with a mitsubishi unit, heavy instead of electric.

thats only my understanding vis a vis tendering, in practice it's hard to compete against the more recognised mitsubishi installers no matter what you do!!

training also gives you extended warranty periods so it's worthwhile doing anyway.

al

To be Mitsi approved you need to have a minimum spend and then you also need to submit documentation such as Health & Safety policies, names of all your engineers plus their qualifications, insurance certificates etc:

In return it gets you very little. There is a five year warranty available but you need to keep the certification going continuously.

As stated in a previous post, it is one of Mitsi's ways of controlling the market but also being in full control of who buys the equipment and more importantly where it ends up.

Unfortunately some naive end users think that the AC industry only contains Mitsi and Daikin equipment when there are other alternatives that everybody should be considering.

Hitachi for example has the quality and flexibility along with a five year warranty as standard. You do not need to sell your soul to the devil to get these benefits. Unfortunately they do not have the consultants in their pockets like Mitsi and Daikin.

Quote Originally Posted by Imp View Post
    As stated in a previous post, it is one of Mitsi's ways of controlling the market but also being in full control of who buys the equipment and more importantly where it ends up.
    One way around this is to buy Mitsi from Dean & Wood

Quote Originally Posted by R1976 View Post
    How do you become a Mitsubishi approved installer. Some specs ask for it and I have been told it is given if you spend x amount of cash with Mitsubishi. This just seems like they are trying to monopolise the industry.

Is there another way as It is catch 22 if you can't get contracts because you have not had contracts.
    I get around this by employing an Mitsi approved subbie to commission the install.
    This is only if as the other chap says, I can't change their mind to Tosh or Hitachi.

Eggs