Smile Multifit fan mtrs

Hi,

This is a sill question, I have looked on side of 5,10,18,25watt multifit mtrs and they all say 1350rpm what is the point of all the diffrent wattages ?

hello its me

Re: Multifit fan mtrs

Watt is the rated power capacity.
    RPM is the speed they are rotating at.

Compare it to cars:
    A little 1.8 l Fiesta with 60 horsepower travelling at 60MPH and a Scania 13 l with 600 horsepower also at 60MPH.

Both are travelling at the same speed but whilst the Fiesta only will carry a load of a couple of hundred Kg, the Scania will carry up to 150 tonnes.

The higher the fanmotor's Watt rating, the more air it will be able to shift (but you will also have to change blades and other ancillary equipment) even as the RPM stays the same.

If you take a moment to look at them more carefully, you will notice that the black part in the middle [stator] is not the same and the more the output, the bigger the stator.

Smile Re: Multifit fan mtrs

The reason is i ahve a dairy case, it is getting 3 shelves cold but not the top 2, the unit is not iced up but they is no air flow curturn, it is a oversea's unit 8ft remote with 5 watt x 4 evap mtr's. Every dairy case i have worked on has 10w on them, so i think i might have to change them for 10w mtr's I have had problems with this since its been installed, it ices up sometimes so i think this is why.
    hello its me

Maverick, regarding your dairy case, make sure the vents behind the back panels are not furred up with dirt/crap. Its a pain in the ass taking all the shelves and the back panels out but it may be the cause of your problem.

Andy

Check the cabinet baffles are correctly installed.
    Often clients think that they can open up the cabinet for cleaning (maybe to save paying out) and then they do not reassemble it correctly.....the airflow doesnt reach the upper parts.

rtpower Guest

thats my guess. i have seen many hussman cases with baffles that are absolutely pluged and some times could need cleaning twice a year