Thread: Compressor Oil

Compressor Oil

What brand of compressor oil do you us? I was wondering if anyone had success stories, horror stories or anything. NOT additives, just oil.

Just curious. This is a crazy oil market and a lot of people must be looking for some relief from the big compressor manufacturers and their threats of not honoring warranties if you don't buy oil from them.

Re: Compressor Oil

Iam using CHEVRON REFRIGERATION OIL WF ISO 68. I believe this oil is made from a waxless feed stock. The engine rooms have mostly MYCOM screws.The interior of the oil seperators donot have much scum on them. The oil filters and strainers donot have any sticky scum on them. Using oil from a wax based feed stock I have seen a sticky sludge build up on the inside of the oil seperators. The oil filters also had a sticky scum on them.In another engine room that was Worthington Recips 10x10s 9x9s &7x7s. I did not notice any difference internally when we changed to a waxless oil.I have had no experience with having to buy oil from the manufacurer on a new install

North-star citgo brand, We have good results with no problems. we have mycom screws.

Hi keepitcool
    We use CPI semi synthetic and Fuchs mineral in the screws and recips we service and don't have any problems.
    Paul

I use Camco 717-sc (seal conditioning) I have Frick screw compressors and Vilter recips. have had very good operation and oil return with this product.

MOHAMMED ASHRAF Guest

We r using suniso mineral oil.3 & 4 gs