Scroll and other compressors

Is any change to be done while changing from conventional recip compreessor to rotory one in window airconditioners, further since can we directly change the reciprocating compressors of package units with their scroll counterpart in order to save energy? The oil compatiblility and connnecting pipes can be an issue but what else? Are condensers,evaporators are also designed as per the type of compressor unit accomodating? I hope I am clear about my question.

Blog Entries

Re: Scroll and other compressors

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip sahasrabu View Post
    Is any change to be done while changing from conventional recip compreessor to rotory one in window airconditioners, further since can we directly change the reciprocating compressors of package units with their scroll counterpart in order to save energy?
    Yes you could do that without any change in other parts except condenser of rotary compressor.

Rotary compressors vibrate much more, make a big loop with discharge and suction tubes,

but rotory compressors are supplied with reciever like fittings duly fitted does not it takes care of vibrations, what about the pulsating effect of recip, are joints more liable to leak in case of recip than rotory or other. Is there any rule/formula for extra loop which is suggested here.