Hey guys,

I am on a ship just getting back from a New York to Singapore run, I have a Carrier Elite 551-510 scroll Unit sitting out on the deck that appears to be demonically possessed, First there is the alarm code 6 key pad failure, I know already that there is some kind of problem with the key pads in the new Carriers, We have been notified of that, But I started getting alarm code 8, High pressure ratio and then eventually we started getting alarm code 28 low suction shut down,

We have gone completely through this van and can find nothing to solve the problem, We have defrosted multiple times, changed the TXV, Removed the piston from the SMV, changed the compressor, Evacuated at 29" changed drier several times, gone through the solenoid valves , I do not have the current version of soft ware available so we have not done a reconfiguration, But the unit still has low suction even in emergency bypass operation, suct pressure cycles between 7" and 15 ", Discharge between 100 and 140 depending on the ambient temp,The unit does have the proper configuration for a scroll, version 5346 if memory serves me right, I checked the soft ware just to make sure that perhaps the unit may not have accidentally been configured for a reciprocating compressor

I have a friend of mine that is on a ship over on the west coast and got an E-mail from him that all his 551 vans are doing the same thing, He is running around doing manual defrosts trying to keep the things running,

I know that there is something wrong with these new vans, My last trip I had a -15* box reset itself to 32*, I was making my round and what caught my eye was that the display had switched, The set point was in the right display and the actual temp was in left display and the van was running in heat mode, This was also my first experience with the keypad failure, I changed the Ml3 controller and was filling out my report when I noticed on the manifest that this box was supposed to be at - 15 thus explaining the van running in heat mode,

I noted this in my report and received a reply that it was not possible for the controller to reset due to a key pad failure, About a week ago I received an alert from the company that we need to keep a close eye on these vans because other ships have reported that the controllers are resetting themselves so I guess it is most certainly possible after all

Any shore side guys that have any info as to what is what with these new Carriers it would be greatly appreciated if you would share it with us mushrooms because nobody really seems to want to tell us any thing except that Carrier is working on the Key pad problem,

We will be on the coast for a few more days so I will have internet access until we head back overseas,

Deu58