Thread: Taylor 754-27

dmccoy1 Guest

Question Taylor 754-27

Let me start by saying after 10 years in the business this is the first Taylor (754-27) soft serve machine that I have worked on, I need some assistance.

On the right side of the machine (chocolate in this case) the beater motor and compressor are stopping before the product is cold enough. The product temp is 23deg F when they shut off, it should be 17deg F. According to Taylor the control board looks at the amperage for the beater motor, it is supposed to shut off at 6 amps on a 220v motor, it is shutting off at 3 amps. I have adjusted the viscosity adjustment to the max position and it does not make any difference it still shuts off at 3 amps.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Taylor 754-27

hi dmccoy

i handled taylor in mcdonalds and jollibee..

in your case, you have adjusted already your viscocity setting to the max and still the beater motor & comp. stops even the product is not yet done [too soft = low ampere]

i think you need to replaced the logic board.. or much better if you swap the logic board from the left to rigth! is the 2 barrels have the same problem?
    With great power Comes Great Responsibility

ciao if you need i can send you the service manual for taylor 754 and 794 maybe can help you...just send me your mail adress
    Mihai

kofyinc Guest

I saw your post and i have simmilar problem now. Can you tell me how i can adjust viscosity? or can you send me the any instruction or manual for 754 troubleshooting? Thank you.

salman ahmed Guest

i want a technical manual of taylor machine model # 8664 for mcdonald

hy guys if you need the data for Taylor 754-794 don't hesitate to write me at mihai_kempes@yahoo.com

allnighter Guest

It should shut off at 80% of you FLA. Check your scraper blades.

philw Guest

The logic board is ok. what you need to know is, is this a new unit to the place it is being worked on? If you take the front panel off below the drip tray you will find a power box. Take off the cover. You will see a contactor and a power board. The ribbion from the logic board (viscocity setting) On this power board you will find some jumpers. There will be a row of about 4 or 5. The jump pin might be on the first one just move it down to the next set of jumpers. Turn your viscocity to 11:00 and start the machine again. You are adding more amps to the motor when you do this.

htnam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tarcau mihai View Post
    ciao if you need i can send you the service manual for taylor 754 and 794 maybe can help you...just send me your mail adress
    Mihai
    I know this is very old thread but if you got this message please email me the service manual for 794 @ socalteam@gmail.com . Thank.

chillyogurt Guest

i also have a problem with my machine but its a little bit different... my machine the left barrel is not freezing at all and tumbler inside the barrel is not even moving at all either. the logic board is lights up but its as if the logic board is not connecting with the motr the freezing unit or any other part of the left side of the machine. the right side works great with no problems at all. i have checked tyhe manual and they say things like plug it in and push the reset button for the circut breaker and i have done this and it doesnt seem to help... please help any ideas or assistance would be helpful
    thanks
    Chill yogurt
    Ventura Ca