hot and cold Guest

Trainee/ improver engineer mates!

I am presently working as a nursing assistant but looking forward to changing my career as a trainee or improver engineer's mate in refrigeration & Air-conditioning systems. I have just finished C&G in Refrigeration & Air-con at College Of North West London Willesden and also had a certificate in Safe handling of Refrigerant as well.
    I am very keen on learning to develop new skills and get experience in this profession. Anyone willing to help me get this experience, I would appreciate. I live in Grays,Essex.

Ade

Re: Trainee/ improver engineer mates!

Why on earth would you be looking at a career change? Are you a nursing assistant or an engineer?Maybe you should decide what you really want to be first as both are pretty important jobs but in different areas.Are you just employed temporarily in Nursing or did you want to be an Engineer first and foremost.More explanation needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by hot and cold View Post
    I am presently working as a nursing assistant but looking forward to changing my career as a trainee or improver engineer's mate in refrigeration & Air-conditioning systems. I have just finished C&G in Refrigeration & Air-con at College Of North West London Willesden and also had a certificate in Safe handling of Refrigerant as well.
    I am very keen on learning to develop new skills and get experience in this profession. Anyone willing to help me get this experience, I would appreciate. I live in Grays,Essex.

Ade

Hello Ade.

I knew a fridge engineer who wanted to give up
    and train as a paramedic, so he was sort of you in reverse.

You have started the right way, you have got yourself a qualification.

Did you do the 6127 at Willesden?

You are right you need to get some experience.
    You are inthe right area because companies in the M25 area and South East can't seem to hold onto their engineers.

Ask one of your old tutors to give you a copy of the service engineers year book, it has all the refrigeration companies in the UK listed and you can contact them.

Go for it big, Start by writing letters and then phoning aroud then follow up with a personal visit. I know of 5 people this year, who like you went for the career change and after doing what you did and putting themselves about abit are now all full time employed in the trade.

If you are not in touch with your tutors PM and I'll see if I can dig the booklet out.

All the best taz.

Ps do not give up. Keep at it and somthing will come of it for you.

taz

Last edited by taz24; 30-08-2008 at 12:59 AM.

hello...mate
    can you let us know if you managed to find anything...If you still looking please pm me I might give you some help...

Any ideas I am looking for a position as an improver / mate myself in Kent.
    Duc, sequere, aut de via decede - Lead, follow, or get out of the way !