Summer time nightmare

Imagine this if you would. Your plants down and every pressure relief valve has to be replaced and all the plumbing attatched to it. So we have contractors come in to do this choir. 1:30 in the afternoon your bleeding out the liquid side of a thermosypon. So the srv's can be changed. Then bam contractor takes off the WRONG srv valve and now you got your second stage pouring out of a 1.25 inch hole. Now you can thank god that you had to bleed that out a week ago and only had some residual gas build up in it......... Couple days later...... (scratches head) We evacuated a thermosypon cooler and it had been open for a couple of days then the return line seat on the valve let go..... Again pouring wet gas out........ Glad to be back up and running now.

Re: Summer time nightmare

What?

I guess the cheapest price may not always be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by keepitcool View Post
    I guess the cheapest price may not always be the best.

EXACTLY!!
    The valve that just started leaking though still has us all second guessing what we do on a daily basis. You can imagine changing out the oil separators with the man way open on a compressor thinking NOW is that valve going to hold.

If it doesnt you will surely know it! I like to loosen the manway bolt very slowly and break the seal while plenty of thread is still visible! With a mask on of course! Never trust a valve! I am lucky! In my plant we have a pump out system and our SOPs allow some time to monitor pressure before the vessel is opened.

Quote Originally Posted by zolimer View Post
    If it doesnt you will surely know it! I like to loosen the manway bolt very slowly and break the seal while plenty of thread is still visible! With a mask on of course! Never trust a valve! I am lucky! In my plant we have a pump out system and our SOPs allow some time to monitor pressure before the vessel is opened.

Ya same here that thermosyphon had been drained and opened to atmosphere for 4 days then it just started pouring liquid out... We actually think someone was messing with the valve and didnt say anything.