Thread: nvq2 section

nvq2 section

A question for those who are doing or have completed nvq2. I have gave evidence for all the units I require but am struggling to what is expected for the three units below? As someone who is expected to be at level two am not sure what input would be expected for the following sections?

3.2.1 Identify opportunities for improving customer care and enhancing
    business procedures (2).

3.2.2 Take actions to rectify problems with business procedures (2).

3.2.4 Report to job supervisor or line manager potential opportunities for
    improving business procedures (2).

Not sure how the above would be put across in a job description? Any help would be grate full. Not looking for specific answers just a generalisation of what kind of things would hit the three targets whilst carrying out a job at a level 2 standard.

Re: nvq2 section

Been a few years since done it but I think I put in that I had suggested checksheets for services, suggesting regular planned maintenaces, commissioning sheets for installs.........

Along that kind of line - just think of things that could be done that your employer doesn't do

Hope that helps?

Thumbs up Re: nvq2 section

Thats spot on. Thanks very much. Three very simple ideas, a think a was reading to much into the questions. A can finish it now thanks again

Re: nvq2 section

Quote Originally Posted by richelli View Post
    A question for those who are doing or have completed nvq2. I have gave evidence for all the units I require but am struggling to what is expected for the three units below? As someone who is expected to be at level two am not sure what input would be expected for the following sections?
    3.2.1 Identify opportunities for improving customer care and enhancing business procedures (2).

You are on a customers premisess and you notice somthing not connected to what you are doing, but by informing the customer you are improving customer care.
    Enhancing business procedures is a bit more awkward but
    You could suggest carrying spares that are needed reguarly instead of ordering them in and waiting for them to arrive
    eg a common system you use will have common faults you could recomend carrying common spares to quicken up the repair time and enhance company procedure.

3.2.2 Take actions to rectify problems with business procedures (2).

You keep getting lost going to new sites so you ask your company for a TomTom.
    Your company pass you the jobs as they come in and then in the morning, you could suggest they give you all the jobs on the evening and you will attend the calls as distance and urgency dictate.
    Spares again is a good one you could suggest that big sites have a secure area where spares can be kept.
    You could suggest a better way to organise the standby rota?

3.2.4 Report to job supervisor or line manager potential opportunities for
    improving business procedures (2).

A combination of above.
    Be flexible in arrival times so you can be on site at a time which sits the customer more.

Not sure how the above would be put across in a job description? Any help would be grate full. Not looking for specific answers just a generalisation of what kind of things would hit the three targets whilst carrying out a job at a level 2 standard.
    These are a few ideas

taz.

Last edited by taz24; 30-08-2008 at 11:47 AM.