Thread: gas leak error

gas leak error

Hello,

I have a Samsung AC, model AQV12VBAN and recently displayed error E554 which means gas leak error.
    I have stoped the AC and started it again. Now it works, but it doesn't cool.
    My question is if this E554 is just an error or he is really out of gas? When I touch the pipe installation that leads to the outdoor unit its cold.
    If it is just an error can I correct this in some manner, because I have to wait long time before someone will come to fix it.

Thank you

Re: gas leak error

Quote Originally Posted by Jay(ro) View Post
    Hello,

I have a Samsung AC, model AQV12VBAN and recently displayed error E554 which means gas leak error.
    My question is if this E554 is just an error or he is really out of gas? When I touch the pipe installation that leads to the outdoor unit its cold.
    If it is just an error can I correct this in some manner, because I have to wait long time before someone will come to fix it.

Thank you

error codes ae they for a reason.ring a pro
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

Dear,
    You have gas leake problem ...you shoud be loacket the leakage and than fix it and Recharged with suefacent refregerant,
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay(ro) View Post
    ...displayed error E554 which means gas leak error.
    ...When I touch the pipe installation that leads to the outdoor unit its cold.
    Why you have to wait a long time before someone comes to fix it?
    If the machine is giving an error, then you have to check if this error is really an error.
    It's not because it's felling cold that the system is running like it should be.
    You have to hook up a manifold and read the right running pressures. Inly this can tell you if you have gas shortage.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    Why you have to wait a long time before someone comes to fix it?
    If the machine is giving an error, then you have to check if this error is really an error.
    It's not because it's felling cold that the system is running like it should be.
    You have to hook up a manifold and read the right running pressures. Inly this can tell you if you have gas shortage.
    Because being summer and all, someone from warranty would take days to come.
    Is there anyway to reset the device? I don't have any equipment for AC's, just the device.

If there's a gas shortage, then you can' reset this.

Warranty or not, they have to come to repair the equipment they installed. Did a tirth party installed this?
    If we should do this here, then our business shouldn't last very long.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.