Fire Rating & Cutting service

Morning / Afternoon,

Can anyone tell me what is the minimun size coldroom/chiller/freezer that does not need to have a fire rating. The box I intend to build will be a modular box using PIR panels but I have been told that after a certain size box it needs to be fire rated?
    If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be grateful?

One other question, this is a general question to all air/fridge men etc.. When you are putting coldroom boxes up what is the biggest pain, time consuming about getting the box put up, is it all the cutting on site or something else? What I 'am getting to would customers pay more for the box to be all pre cut before it went to site, I know you can get modular PU but I'm looking at modular PIR which comes at a standard size??
    This is all research which I'am looking at, if anyone has any other point, issues about building boxes and any suggestions that can be improved I would be grateful??

Regards,

Chris

Re: Fire Rating & Cutting service

Few Companies do manufacture Corner Panels & then the time for Construction at site is much less. But then in almost all the cases the sizes do vary & one has to cut the panels to match the site conditions. Isocab has such a system But that generally is to be used only for Walk ins.

jeycon Guest

Re: Fire Rating & Cutting service

Hi Chris,

There are no hard and fast rules for PU or PIR panels. The size of the box is quite irrelevant and this is generally decided on by the insurance company who looks after Fire, structural & employee liability insurance etc. The majority of coldrooms are still made in PU as they are not attached to the building (not part & not governed by building regulations). By the way I work for a company called Celltherm Coldrooms, Leicester. We cover the whole of the UK. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of a German modular coldroom manufacturer. Google us for our website. Our rooms are totally camlocked i.e. camlocked floors to walls to celings. Our panels have built in corners (pre-manufactured). No pop rivets, no screws, no cutting, no capping or no coving required!! We single span up to 3310mm.

I happy to help you out with any queries you have if you want to email directly james@celltherm.co.uk

We stock over 1000 different sizes & models. Our average build time for one of our rooms is less than a 1/4 of a cut and carve PU/PIR room.

Regards,

James.