turbocor training

i just wondered with all the new technology regarding compressors, particularly danfoss turbocor, if anyone was getting any training on this equipment.
    I have not worked on one as yet but have heard of lots of problems with them which has been blamed on poor commissioning due to the lack of training. I would like to know if there is training available, is it in house or by the manufacturer and if there is any available to independant companies who are not agents for turbocor.

Re: turbocor training

Yep, recieved training from Danfoss, along with several other people all working for Star Refrigeration.

TBH theres not much that can't be learned reading the manuals. Danfoss include some detailed fault finding procedures that cover most things, failing that a call to their technical team should sort you out.
    The problems I've seen have almost all been related to commissioning issues.
    Mostly due to the way the chiller controls interperate the fault code from the compressor.
    eg. Most of the "motor bearing" faults are due to sudden fluctuations in suction pressure.
    These compressors work best given a stable load, stopping and starting is not the best way to control, leave it running at low load 24/7 and you'll see just how reliable and efficient these machines can be.

The training that I have had has been via the chiller manufacturer. Turbocor do however offer training in Quebec and Florida. This would probably cost a couple of Grand, not sure if access could be blocked by vested interest parties. McQuay always blocked centrif courses for British contractors.
    Off post, how did you get on with the Climaveneta evaporator

Strange, I recieved Turbocor training in the UK, tho it did entail bringing a tech over from denmark, who walked us through stripping and rebuilding a working compressor in the classroom.

believe it or not the compressor can easily be run and operated in the classroom with blanking plates over the suction/discharge ports.

Hi Plank,
    Star have and will purchase quite a few compressors. An independant looking to break into servicing these compressors with product training will have to go the expensive route ( I would imagine).

Fair point.

Off post, how did you get on with the Climaveneta evaporator[/quote]
    I am pretty certain that the problem is with the refrigerant by-passing the evaporator but customer has not been forthcoming with an order number to take the end plate off to have a look and repair. He thinks because he has paid a few grand for a new compressor he should have a working machine! It's hard to explain that the compressor failed for a reason, it was smashed and the cooler problem is the obvious cause but he's not having it.

If its the flooded evap type then the comp failure was probably caused by liquid carry over into the compressor.