Hi… my first posting.

My wife and I have moved from sunny Nottingham and bought a house in New Zealand, which is quite large (300m + 60m first floor), with cathedral ceilings to the main living areas. It has solid non-insulated floors and no heating to most areas. I have decided to install UFH and an Air/Water HP.

I’m a Sparky by trade, but I’m hoping to break into the Heat Pump market (it is big here). I have a few questions I will be asking you fellas, but for now I want to know if you can advise me on the actual cost of a suitable air/water HP unit. I have seen the Altherma range mentioned, also the cheaper Chinese units, but as yet I cant see any prices, either trade or retail. As well as this, any other help which you think to make mention of would be appreciated.

The climate here is pretty similar to a UK one, but we do get some real strong UV (thinking of solar panels too)…

PS If I cant get this sorted it might be the last straw! Its bad enough not being able to get decent REAL ALE here, but to be bloody cold as well….. !