Rothenberger expanders

Hi,im after buying some rothenberger expanders,does anyone know where i can get some,also how much are they? Remember im in uk.
    Thanks

Re: Rothenberger expanders

Hi Dunny, Climate Centre, over £400 if you buy the full complement of heads. We use ITE and they last just as well if you look after them, aneal everything even 3/8".

My first set of expanders were Rothenberger and i was very happy with them. They got took away from me and given to another engineer and were later replaced with some ITE ones.
    Since going self employed i've bought some more ITE (Climate centre) ones as i liked them better. I have since found out that they are the same as the CPS (Hawco) ones, only the handle are blue and not black. The box is a bit poor with the CPS ones, CPS-plastic box, ITE-metal box, but they are nearly half the price of ITE/Rothenberger.
    I suppose it depends if its your money on not

Cheers Jon

Thanks guys.

Hi,

the first thing i look for is "how about spare parts?".
    20 years ago i bought a bender set from Rhotenberger, it got broken after 2 years and went back to get it repaired.after 1 month i received a call that it was unrepairable and had tho change it for a new set.price around 200,-€ .whit great disappointment i took it back home and opened it for myself,it was broken anyway, and took the piece in question to a blacksmith.we had a good talk about where the piece in question was for, he gave it a good look and told me to come back the following day.as i wend back to the blacksmith he told me they don't use metal as in the old days.the new piece he made out of a spring blade from an old truck, because the force and pressure the other metal was to soft.
    i think i don't have to tell you,the metal box it was in is already painted twice,and the bender set still working as it should be.

spare parts,remember friends spare parts.

Ice

Hi, I have been in your situation when i first started to work for myself.I have a brother who owns a company and he has bought various makes from ite,yellow jacket even the cheaper end of the market. I have used them all and to be honest they are all crap. Rothenburger are best hands down! T he heads don't sprain and will last for a life time. I have had mine for 8 years now and i have used them daily.
    NRW in bradford west yorkshire have a offer at the minute and are around 200???? 3/8 to 1 1/8.

Only Rigid, guaranteed for life!
    Never use any other tool.
    expensive on buying but cheep to run....