Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: samsung sr-s20 defrosting problem

Still doing this?
    Meh I've blown off a lot of steam in these forums.
    I saw the massive posting you did today, call it fair enough, clicked "mark forums read", and just forgot about it. Without judging anything, I just let it slide as a bad day and just moved on with the mouse click.

Yes you have a legitimate gripe, and a bad home situation that is going to get you worked up,but picking on moderators that don't catch everything because they aren't reading/running the site 24/7 and do the job without pay or appreciation, is going too far.
    Last edited by paul_h; 08-09-2011 at 02:44 PM.

ryan-services Guest

hi

Please can you send me a service manual for the SRS2028CVW to spike@northernrivers.co.uk i have replaced the evaporator cover, heater and have now orderd the defrost sensor hopefully that will solve the problem

many thanks
    james

LonelyCloud Guest

Quick update - they sent the wrong part (not from the supplier that @tonto33 linked to). Re-ordered and returned....update to follow

meree Guest

hi I have the samsung sr-s2028cvw and its facing the same problem. Can any kind soul please email the service manual to meree03@hotmail.co.uk

thanks

all answers to this problem has been listed many many times on this site
    regards
    tonto33

www.airkooldomestics.co.uk

tonto, do you have a service manual for a SRS2029css, the fridge works , but the beeper keeps pinging, temp fluctuates, door open indicator on and off like a yoyo. how do i access control panel to check connections, i have tried diagnostic, and no errors come up.

have u replacesensor or evap panel ?

Hi All,

i've had this exact problem with our Samsung SR-S2028CVW - i.e. fridge & freezer cools down to set temp in 3 - 4 hours but then warms up, the target temps remain on the freezer door as the displayed temps & it's only once the power is switched off/on that the true (higher) temps are displayed and the cooling restarts - only to stop again once target temps are reached.

As suggested in earlier posts, i've replaced the Evaporator cover assembly but it's had no effect & the problem remains exactly as before. What should be next component that i should try replacing and is there a known fix for this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by xflowphil View Post
    Hi All,

i've had this exact problem with our Samsung SR-S2028CVW - i.e. fridge & freezer cools down to set temp in 3 - 4 hours but then warms up, the target temps remain on the freezer door as the displayed temps & it's only once the power is switched off/on that the true (higher) temps are displayed and the cooling restarts - only to stop again once target temps are reached.

As suggested in earlier posts, i've replaced the Evaporator cover assembly but it's had no effect & the problem remains exactly as before. What should be next component that i should try replacing and is there a known fix for this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Phil
    Just to add to this - i have no fault codes and the fridge blows cold through the vents with the door switch held down during it's cooling down phase after the power has been turned off\on

Have been browsing back in some old topics and found one from 2008 that may be relevant: http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ht=#post125167

Tonto33, i saw you replied to this one suggesting the thermal fuse be replaced - would this be a good next step considering the symptoms on mine appear identical? Seems Partmaster has them available too.

One other question, where do i find the Thermal Fuse inside the fridge - is it behind the top/light panel (i'm assuming it's not part of the Evap panel assembly that i've already replaced)

Thanks

Costin Guest

I have the same fridge with the same problem. I replaced the thermal fuse, worked like a charm for almost one day, and after that same simptoms. My guess is that the thermal fuse blow again. Is there some posibility that this thermal fuse to be undersized ? 77 degrees Celsius said in the manual. Its possible to be other causes to produce this overheating ? I measured the thermistor, it-s ok, 5 kohms at 25 degrees, the heating elemet ok,... it seems that somehow the temperature rises over 77. I will try to use one 82 degrees thermal fuse, to see how works. Did someone find the cause to this problem ?

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Costin View Post
    I have the same fridge with the same problem. I replaced the thermal fuse, worked like a charm for almost one day, and after that same simptoms. My guess is that the thermal fuse blow again. Is there some posibility that this thermal fuse to be undersized ? 77 degrees Celsius said in the manual. Its possible to be other causes to produce this overheating ? I measured the thermistor, it-s ok, 5 kohms at 25 degrees, the heating elemet ok,... it seems that somehow the temperature rises over 77. I will try to use one 82 degrees thermal fuse, to see how works. Did someone find the cause to this problem ?

Thank you in advance
    Costin, where is the Thermal fuse located on your unit?

i'm thinking of changing the temp sensor on the fridge evaporator/defrost heater unit too

thermal fuse is behind evap panel should of got it when brought evap cover as we sell evap cover with full kit defrost sensor, thermal fuse and heater

Quote Originally Posted by tonto33 View Post
    thermal fuse is behind evap panel should of got it when brought evap cover as we sell evap cover with full kit defrost sensor, thermal fuse and heater

Many thanks for the reply - i bought the new evap panel per the link you posted earlier in this thread from Partmaster - it's a Samsung part so if it was supposed to be included, i assume it was, though i didn't see it as a separate component. There were 2 plugs coming from the back of the evap panel i fitted (same as the one i took off) - one i assume was a power supply for the fan (2 wires), the other (single wire) could be the fuse?

I'll look to get a replacement thermal fuse then and a defrost sensor as well. One question, what is the 'heater' you refer to, is this something different to the defrost sensor? As far as i can see, the defrost heater in integrated into the evaporator

Many thanks

meree Guest

I have a question to you guys out there. The eva. cover, thermal fuse etc mentioned above or those that come with the DIY kit concern only the refrigerator side only, as I understand the similar part in the freezer can develop the same fault too but no one seems to be looking into it.

Am I on the right track? Or just talking bulls.....

Thanks

Costin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by xflowphil View Post
    Costin, where is the Thermal fuse located on your unit?

i'm thinking of changing the temp sensor on the fridge evaporator/defrost heater unit too
    Thank you for answer. The thermal fuse is located behind the evap panel, its tied with a tie by the evap on the right side when you look at it. The temp sensor its only for control of the fridge temp, whay should i change it ?
    Its not involved in the control of the defrost process, as far as i know,... and the sensor for defrost i measured and its ok,.... 5 Kohms at 25 degrees. Maybe if i change the location of the thermal fuse and i will put it toghether with the defrost sensor,... it will be not bolwn up again. What is your opinion ?

Hello,
    I bought a SAMSUNG side by side refirigerator, model RS23DASW/FASW (LATAM model). Not sure if you got the same model in Europe, guess could be RS21XXX. I´m looking for the service manual, fridge display shows a botton line on the alarm codes, which is 04:R-FAN-Error, as far as I could gathered on Internet. In my country, Colombia, local service companies doesn´t provide a good technical support on this product. Many techs have came to check the unit and and all of them got a different part list that need to be replaced to fix this issue. Problem with this unit is that freezer is working perfect, fridge is not, temperature displayed is aroung 15 centigrades, and water dispenser is not working cause the water tanq is frozen. FAN also is not working , I guess it is iced up. Please if you have the service manual, it would be great support to me, my email; just in case: wotero@gmail.com

thanks in advance for your support.
    William

Hi,

I have just joined and was searching the forum and found the answer to my prayers.

I am wondering if the service manual for the Samsung SR-S2028CVW is still available, as I am having lots of problems with this unit.

Email address a1eck@hotmail.com

Many thanks

Alex

What problems u got ?

Hi,

When the unit goes into a defrost mode it is tripped my RCD unit. I was wondering if it could be a blown heating element that is causing the fault.

A new evaporate unit was fitted some time ago not by me, so I thought that could rule that one out.

That why I was asking if there was a service manual for this model available, so I can do a bit more digging around to find the fault.

defrost heater needs to be checked

Hi,

Please can a kind soul send me a service manual for the SR-S2028FSM to grimespjm@talktalk.net (Thanks)

It keeps turning off overnight, switch on/off, works fine then starts the cycle again. About to order the temperature sensor replacement, do I need two ( one for each side)?

All comments gratefully received.

Patrick

photo.JPG

This is on the back of my FF and may help those looking for error codes.

Notice that this is an old threat but it seems to describes exactly the problem I have with my 10 year old SRS-20FTFS:
    + after power on all works fine: temperature drops desired values
    + after couple of hours, both fridge and freezer temperature rises, but display doesn't reflect this
    + power off/on repeats the cycle

Anyone maybe know how likely is it to still get spare parts (thermal fuse, defrost sensor, heater?) for this model?

Here the exact type and a the inside of the freezer compartment. From reading the above, it sound like this is where to look for a possible defect?
    freezer.jpgtype.jpg

Hi All

To clear up a few small bit of confusion concerning the SRS20 /26/28/29 range.

If the unit switches off and then defrosts but if switched back on it starts to run again for approx 6-8 hrs then the fault is with the defrost circuit.

This range which is the older model to the RS21. The parts are the same..

On the older SRS range the main PCB was programed in such a way that it required the defrost sensor to reach +17oc Before it would come out of defrost IF the sensor didnt reach +17oc then the appliance would sit in defrost mode unit it did.. OR by switching off the appliance and then switching back on would reset the main PCB to the start of the run cycle.

There have been so many units that we have seen where the engineer has replaced the sensor up to 6 times and then been told the customer its the PCB. The problem is that the engineer has metered the defrost heater but didn't know/didn't realise that the drain heater is in circuit with the defrost heater and will give you a reading that engineers will assume that the heater is working.Thus causing a recall. Yes the older white cap defrost sensors do go out of calibration and the results wont be correct so its best to change them if carrying out a repair.

The connections which are behind the evaperator panel are as follow's. Top : thermal fuse Middle : defrost heater with drain heater in circuit fitted with a link plug. Bottom : Defrost sensor .

If the appliance has been left plugged in for a minimum of 18hrs before you arrive then you can check for the fault codes by holding the top left and top right control panel buttons in for approx 10 seconds which will then possibly show you dashes.These dashes refer to different components on the appliance have failed. On the SRS range a defrost heater fault will not show up.

To put the unit into a forced run / defrost : hold the top left and bottom right buttons in for approx 10 seconds and the unit will beep every few seconds. within 5 seconds press the bottom right button once for forced run, twice for forced fridge defrost, three times for a full fridge and freezer defrost. to get out of the test switch off and then back on again.

We hold kits that contain all the components that are needed to repair these and also we hold the fuse board modification that MUST be fitted to all RS21 range of fridge freezers.

Bryan

hi colin
    i am also having problems could you email me the service manual
    my email ; coltsey@btinternet.com

tony garbutt Guest

can you supply me the kit for Samsung sr-s20288css & service manual tonygarbutt@aol.com

Question Re: samsung sr-s20 defrosting problem

Quote Originally Posted by colicool View Post
    Hi David, I’m happy to help but the model you have given me is incomplete ie; SR-S20***** (an extra 2 numbers, three letters) I'v sent you an email with service manual for SR-S2028CVW attached, Regards, Colin
    Hi Colin,

I've been reading all the posts regarding Samsung defrost problems. I'm a fridge/ac install engineer with service experience but none on domestic stuff really. I've been lumbered with helping my sister in law with her fridge freezer. It's a Samsung SRS2028CSS. She told me it kept tripping the MCB in the main fuse box so went to have a look. When I switched in on it worked fine and I left it running. A few hours later she called to say it had tripped again and would keep tripping if she tried to turn it back on. She lives a fair drive away so I'd like to get hold of a service manual before I go back over there if possible. If you or anyone else could send me one of a link where to download one that would be great. I read somewhere that they don't like us to post our email addresses on here so could you PM me if that's the correct way to do it here?
    My initial hunch is that if it's running ok for hours then tripping then perhaps it is a shorted defrost heater. Are there defrost heaters on both freezer and chiller or freezer only? Are the heaters easy to access?
    Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Markie.

PS, also is there a way to initiate a manual defrost with the controller so that I can see if that trips it?

Markie.

check defrost heater and thermal fuse both in the freezer side
    check out my website www.airkooldomestics.co.uk

check defrost heater and thermal fuse both in the freezer side
    Thanks for reply, will do. Any idea where I can download a service manual for it? Do you access the heater from inside the freezer, behind the back panel with vents and light in? Also where is the thermal fuse situated?

Markie.

correct and thermal fuse is in same area

correct and thermal fuse is in same area
    Ok, thanks for your help.

Can anyone email me a service manual for this fridge please?
    My email is airconuk@hotmail.com

Thanks

OK, I ordered a fridge side evaporator defrost heater from Partmaster, which I expected to consist of the heater element only that sits within the finblock of the evaporator. The idea was to gently pick the old one out amd replace with new, plug in and hey presto!
    Unfortunately the fridge evap defrost heater that they have sent me consists on a 4" square piece of tin foil with a heater element wound back and forth within it and a sticky backing to it. This is clearly not the same as the existing heater (a solid metal element type) although the plug and piggy back plug for the drain heater are the same.
    Partmaster have confirmed that the part is correct for my model ie Samsung SR-S2028CSS but thats all they know.
    I can return it but the heater that looks the same on their website comes as part of the evaporator assembly complete and costs £60 plus delivery.
    Does anyone know where I can get the heater element part on it's own and in fact anywhere else to get domestic fridge parts apart from Partmaster?
    Also is it possible that this thing is an alternative part they supply to save your replacing the fiddley old one. If so how do you fit it? I can't see it staying stuck to the evaporator fins for long and it would surely block the airflow?
    Any help before I take a chainsaw to this goddam thing would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Markie View Post
    OK, I ordered a fridge side evaporator defrost heater from Partmaster, which I expected to consist of the heater element only that sits within the finblock of the evaporator. The idea was to gently pick the old one out amd replace with new, plug in and hey presto!
    Unfortunately the fridge evap defrost heater that they have sent me consists on a 4" square piece of tin foil with a heater element wound back and forth within it and a sticky backing to it. This is clearly not the same as the existing heater (a solid metal element type) although the plug and piggy back plug for the drain heater are the same.
    Partmaster have confirmed that the part is correct for my model ie Samsung SR-S2028CSS but thats all they know.
    I can return it but the heater that looks the same on their website comes as part of the evaporator assembly complete and costs £60 plus delivery.
    Does anyone know where I can get the heater element part on it's own and in fact anywhere else to get domestic fridge parts apart from Partmaster?
    Also is it possible that this thing is an alternative part they supply to save your replacing the fiddley old one. If so how do you fit it? I can't see it staying stuck to the evaporator fins for long and it would surely block the airflow?
    Any help before I take a chainsaw to this goddam thing would be much appreciated!

The "4" square piece of tin foil with a heater element wound back and forth within it and a sticky backing to it" is for the underside of the drain tray. That is the metal tray at the bottom, below the evaporator and heater. You can check to see if the little loop on it has burnt out. This little loop is pushed into the drain hole to keep it from freezing and blocking.

Hi All,
    I have joined because of my SR-S2028CVW. It's been a good boy... until now.
    Keeps tripping the RCD (not the MCB). Can anyone supply me a service manual .... PLEASE.
    I am an engineer and this sort of thing winds me up - I want to check the circuit diagram / fault codes etc before delving in.

Thanks in advance.
    Trev.
    (prob not allowed to do this... but - trevorwhite68@gmail.com

Hi Trev have you had any luck obtaining a service manual for your SR-S2028CVW? as I need it as well. Thanks. raymundizon@yahoo.com

I know this is an old thread but....

I have an SR-S2026CVV and it is faulty with symptoms described on this thread and there is lots of useful replies but I am getting puzzled.

My unit cools to the correct temps, then stops working and starts to warm although does not always indicate a problem. It passes the self tests. Sometimes the freezer temp is flashing on a morning, other times it is just frozen at the wrong temperature. Powering down and back up makes it read the correct temperature and then the compressor kicks in and cools it down again so I conclude compressor and gas are fine.

I am guessing the problem is freezer based purely because it is the freezer display that flashes.

All sensors at the control board end seem to read the correct resistances based on the chart on page 58 in the woefully inadequate service manual (which seems to have exploded diagrams and part codes missing).

The thermal fuse measures negligible resistance and the freezer defrost element measures 235 ohms (when disconnected from drain defroster).
    The freezer drain defrost measures even lower than this but cannot remember what from the top of my head.

I powered it up with cover removed and worked in the kitchen until the compressor shut off. I opened the freezer door and observed the frost on the defrost heater melting so conclude it worked. After a minute I measured the voltage to the two heaters and it was 50VAC at the back wall plug? I assumed it would be about 250VAC.

I put the unit into test mode and pressed the test button three times to enter defrost test. The voltage to the heater connector was 250VAC. After 5 minutes, it was still 250VAC BUT the heater was cold which puzzled me.

I guess the heater may be intermittent BUT.....

I then assumed warming the evaporator sensor up until it changed resistance below about 6.5 omhs would make the unit think it had successfully defrosted and fool it into starting the compressor but it never started back up.

SO..do I have 2 faults or is trying to fool the unit pointless or is there a delay before the compressor starts?

Any suggestions on what to do next would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
    Dave

hi juast brought a samsung sr-s2028cvw worked ok then seems to be doing the same as most of these posts
    stopes defosting and fridge warms up
    switch it of then on again and it sorts its self any ideas please or have any on here sorted the problem ?
    am
    and i dont have a service manual

colin could i pm you ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12