Thread: leaks in cars

leaks in cars

can someone tell me are car dealerships and places like kwik fit subject to fgas regulations,the reason i ask is my van has been to the garage twice in he last 2 weeks to get regased.and now after 3 days again the a/chas lost its gas.do the garages actually look for leaks or do they simply throw gas in.
    am i withinmy rights to ask for a report on where they are finding leaks as when i do they never seem to know.your thoughts please

Re: leaks in cars

coolhibby 1875

If i were you i would be asking them. I assume your van is not sign written otherwise they might think twice about just recharging it. My brother had a similar problem with his VW Passat, four times it had been back to the dealers when he asked me to look at it. I detected a leak on the evap and told him to take it back to the dealers armed with the knowledge that it was leaking and advise them of the laws regarding refrigerants. 3 days later it was returned having taken the dash out to replace the evap, low and behold it has been fine since then.

Let em have it I say!!!!!!!!

Re: leaks in cars

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    can someone tell me are car dealerships and places like kwik fit subject to fgas regulations,

Short Answer - No, they are not subject to the F Gas Regulations.

Long answer - Yes, they are subject to the F Gas Directive for MACs (Motor Air Conditioning), which is the equivalent legislation for car AC.

However this does not include transport refrigeration or AC which is not covered (yet). So, if it's cab AC in a small van, it's covered by the MACs directive.