I've just gotten my hands on some wireless temperature sensors.

I don't know if this is new in the trade, but it's new to me. I have just started playing with it here in norway

and the basic application seems ok, it gives a temperature reading to a .log file at an interval set by the customer, the temperature is given in Farenheit.

the sensors are wireless, and there can be 600 sensors to one reciever unit. one reciever unit has to be connected to a compute if the reciever unit is to far away from the computer, the reciever could be fed with 24V, or it could be left withing distance to the computer and a relay transmitter could be placed between the transmitter and the reciever.

I am already working with a programer in norway to make it so that we can get the temperature in C and so that the temperature will be not only stored in a local computer but also sent to a central cpu that will be backed uo every 24 hours.

This is very interesting, and I'm only waiting for the software from the programer to make an onboard trial to see where the signal might be blocked doe to the steel bulkhead in a ship.