Good techie needed for servicing

Hi everyone I'm new here. I'm not an A/C tech, but chatting through the problems we've been having with our office A/C on another forum I've been referred here and it looks a friendly place.

After many years with the same company we've slowly been uncovering the poor service they've been giving us.

Here is the post I wrote on the other forum.

Hi guys, after calling out the A/C techies several times to diagnosis weak cooling on one of our office A/Cs I decided to take a look at it myself. First off it seemed to be making lots of noise and not moving much air around, so I switched it off and looked inside the evap fan. Blimey it was absolutely filthy.
    Pic:
    (not allowed as not enough posts)

Anyway, I managed to get through to Fujistu who explained to me how to get the fan assembly out and stripped and cleaned it up. along with the drain pan which was also clogged. The A/C now blows freezing cold but on occasions smells musty.

Looking at the evap it looks as though it could do with a good clean and deodourize. Do you guys know of any good products that would work well on a simple split unit? Bear in mind I can get directly at the evap coil. Would DWD be a good product to use or would you recommend something else?
    I've been recommended to the Frionett range of products that I'll use to get the evaps and condensate trays back to spec, but after I've worked my way around all of the units getting them all sorted I'd much prefer to find a good techie to give them a proper service once or twice a year to prevent this problem occuring again and that's why I was referred to this forum. I hope you guys know someone who will do a good job for us

Thanks for reading.

Re: Good techie needed for servicing

Quote Originally Posted by pettaw View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new here. I'm not an A/C tech, but chatting through the problems we've been having with our office A/C on another forum I've been referred here and it looks a friendly place.

After many years with the same company we've slowly been uncovering the poor service they've been giving us.

Here is the post I wrote on the other forum.

I've been recommended to the Frionett range of products that I'll use to get the evaps and condensate trays back to spec, but after I've worked my way around all of the units getting them all sorted I'd much prefer to find a good techie to give them a proper service once or twice a year to prevent this problem occuring again and that's why I was referred to this forum. I hope you guys know someone who will do a good job for us

Thanks for reading.
    PM me iam willing to take a look for you
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

Thanks, PM is disabled for me I think, too few posts made so far, we're in Romford, that might be a bit far away for you to come if you're in Stafford.

I'm pretty sure once the fans have all been stripped down and the coils cleaned they're going to back to working order, but we'd really like someone thorough to service them when they're next due....6 months time possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by pettaw View Post
    Thanks, PM is disabled for me I think, too few posts made so far, we're in Romford, that might be a bit far away for you to come if you're in Stafford.

I'm pretty sure once the fans have all been stripped down and the coils cleaned they're going to back to working order, but we'd really like someone thorough to service them when they're next due....6 months time possibly?

we look after a few sites down there and have a london branch so distance wont be a problem
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If you want to contact each other then download your V-card which will give your email address.

It is under 'Contact Info' in your User CP.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Ahh OK thanks Brian..will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    If you want to contact each other then download your V-card which will give your email address.

It is under 'Contact Info' in your User CP.
    thankx brian
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Well it saves making it too public and the spammers getting your emails etc
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

email sent

email sent
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"