DAIKIN VRV Remote controller

Hi experts
    I have a small question: Is the DAIKIN VRV Remote controller BRC1D61 contain a thermostat?.
    Or can we use the DAIKIN VRV Remote controller BRC1D61 as a remote thermostat?

Re: DAIKIN VRV Remote controller

Quote Originally Posted by 2007eng View Post
    Hi experts
    I have a small question: Is the DAIKIN VRV Remote controller BRC1D61 contain a thermostat?.
    Or can we use the DAIKIN VRV Remote controller BRC1D61 as a remote thermostat?
    The remote controller does not contain a 'thermostat', instead it contains a thermistor which samples the surrounding air temperature.

You can programme the controller to operate the indoor conditioner(s) connected to it to switch based on this sensor rather than the 'in unit' return air sensor, or it can be programmed to switch on an average of the remote and unit sensors.

Thanks frank that what I need-(surrounding air temperature detector)

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    T 'thermostat' & thermistor
    What is the real difference?

We are here to learn till death .

What is the real difference?

We are here to learn till death .
    One measures temperature (changing resistance according to temperature) the other one cut an electric circuit in and out depending on temperature...

Thanks Viking.

A 'Thermistor' is a solid state device whose resistance changes with temperature. The electronic circuit it is connected to senses this change and acts accordingly.

A 'Thermostat' is a mechanical device with moving parts that ' makes or breaks' with a change in temperature.

Ok. as I understand the temp displayed on the LCD or control system is detected by the Thermistor which can send a signal to the unit controller to start/stop it.
    And also we shouldn't use thermostat with our DAIKIN system which use the Thermistors on the remote controller or on the suction air inlet.
    Is this wright frank & The viking?

Hello 2007eng,

Since last year the software on the indoor units was updated, look for the M8, MA and P series indoor unit. This allows you the following field settings;

10-2-01 to use both BRC1D remote controller sensor and the return air sensor on the indoor unit.

10-2-02 to use the return air sensor exclusively.

10-2-03 (new setting) to use the remote controller sensor exclusively.

If you are using an iTouch controller, iManager or the BACnet Gateway then you also need to program the setting 10-5-02. This transmits the sensor data from the remote controller to the centralised controllers. If you don’t make this setting then you will be viewing the sensor data for the return air sensor.

I would recommend that you don’t use the 10-2-03 and 10-5-02 settings if you have group control (one remote controller serving more then one indoor unit) as the VRV indoor units will act as a twin or triple system as there is only one point of measurement. Better to use the remote room sensor kit.

Obi Wan

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan View Post
    Hello 2007eng,

Since last year the software on the indoor units was updated, look for the M8, MA and P series indoor unit. This allows you the following field settings;

10-2-01 to use both BRC1D remote controller sensor and the return air sensor on the indoor unit.

10-2-02 to use the return air sensor exclusively.

10-2-03 (new setting) to use the remote controller sensor exclusively.

If you are using an iTouch controller, iManager or the BACnet Gateway then you also need to program the setting 10-5-02. This transmits the sensor data from the remote controller to the centralised controllers. If you don’t make this setting then you will be viewing the sensor data for the return air sensor.

I would recommend that you don’t use the 10-2-03 and 10-5-02 settings if you have group control (one remote controller serving more then one indoor unit) as the VRV indoor units will act as a twin or triple system as there is only one point of measurement. Better to use the remote room sensor kit.

Obi Wan
    Thank you very much Obi Wan for this important informations.

Actual I am working on a system consists of 250 VRVWII outdoor units, 105 HRV, and 490 indoor units, controled by iManager. Total of 30 floors (commercial BLD). We have remote controller each office(Some have more than 1 indoor units).
    The question is: if I use the 10-2-03 setting (to use the remote controller sensor exclusively) is it necessary to use the 10-5-02 setting (to transmits the sensor data from the remote controller to the centralised controllers).
    really I want to prevent the viewing of the sensor data from the return air sensor, because there are 10% fresh air mixed with the return air on the suction line so the detected temp by the return air sensor is higher than the room temp.
    What is the settings should I do to monitor(in my iManager screen) the temp from the remote controller sensor exclusively?

Hi,

If you have one remote controller connected to one indoor unit, then 10-2-03 and 10-5-02.

If you have one remote controller with two or more indoor units, then 10-2-02 only and install the KRC-SO1 remote room sensor.

Regards

Obi Wan

Hi,

If you have one remote controller connected to one indoor unit, then 10-2-03 and 10-5-02.

If you have one remote controller with two or more indoor units, then 10-2-02 only and install the KRC-SO1 remote room sensor.

Regards

Obi Wan
    Thanks again Obi Wan.

Is that means it is not possible to use 10-2-03 and 10-5-02 in the case of group control. Or it is possible but not effective?

Thanks again Obi Wan.

Is that means it is not possible to use 10-2-03 and 10-5-02 in the case of group control. Or it is possible but not effective?
    Hi.
    Well,well.... i had the same problem last year, so read this:

On the latest series you can use the 10: 2.03 code to use the remote control sensor.
    You can also set the 10: 5.02 to "see" the temperature on an i touch controler or an i Manager...

In case of group control if you realy need to set each indoor unit by the BRC sensor use the 10: 6.01 to 6.02.
    Don't forget to set each indoor unit (0, 1, 2 etc) and press each time the valid button.

Be carefuf if there's a M7 PCB on the group control, this may cause a problem...

This run very well

I'll be so glad if it's solve your problem.

rgds

cool#9

Quote Originally Posted by cool#9 View Post
    Hi.
    Well,well.... i had the same problem last year, so read this:

On the latest series you can use the 10: 2.03 code to use the remote control sensor.
    You can also set the 10: 5.02 to "see" the temperature on an i touch controler or an i Manager...

In case of group control if you realy need to set each indoor unit by the BRC sensor use the 10: 6.01 to 6.02.
    Don't forget to set each indoor unit (0, 1, 2 etc) and press each time the valid button.

Be carefuf if there's a M7 PCB on the group control, this may cause a problem...

This run very well

I'll be so glad if it's solve your problem.

rgds

cool#9

I don't know how can I thank you cool#9, I wish all happiness for you.

Ok guys, cool#9 finished thegame,

Thanks for all.

Hello Cool#9

I know of 10-6-01/02 codes. We experimented on this to see how it works and what the limitations were. The main problem we found was that on the iTouch you could end up with the display showing the remote controller sensor data but the unit was working on the return air sensor. If you used the auto changeover groups on the iTouch in the average setting, the high and low temperatures between separate indoor units in the same group (RC temperature V return air temperature) cancel out and the mode change becomes too slow leading to complaints of “I’m too hot, I’m too cold”.

So as a policy we decided to only use the 10-2-03 and 10-5-02 settings when there is no optional sensor kit (KRC S01) but there is a BRC1D remote controller and is not grouped controlled. If it is grouped controlled then we advise to use the 10-2-02 setting with the KRC S01 fitted.

Best regards

Obi Wan

Hello Cool#9

I know of 10-6-01/02 codes. We experimented on this to see how it works and what the limitations were. The main problem we found was that on the iTouch you could end up with the display showing the remote controller sensor data but the unit was working on the return air sensor. If you used the auto changeover groups on the iTouch in the average setting, the high and low temperatures between separate indoor units in the same group (RC temperature V return air temperature) cancel out and the mode change becomes too slow leading to complaints of “I’m too hot, I’m too cold”.

So as a policy we decided to only use the 10-2-03 and 10-5-02 settings when there is no optional sensor kit (KRC S01) but there is a BRC1D remote controller and is not grouped controlled. If it is grouped controlled then we advise to use the 10-2-02 setting with the KRC S01 fitted.

Best regards

Obi Wan
    Dear Obi Wan
    I agree with this, but most of our customer do not use the auto change over function...
    In my area most of the controlers like I touch or I manager are diying in closed office !
    About the group control it's true that 10 6-01/6-02 code could be use with 2 or 3 indoor units max...
    By the way if you have a complete listing of setting code would send me a pm ? please.
    Daikin France do not deliver it easily...
    And for 2007eng let's say that the game never ends on the RE forum !!!
    Kind regards
    cool#9
    Last edited by cool#9; 15-07-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cool#9 View Post
    And for 2007eng let's say that the game never ends on the RE forum !!!
    Kind regards
    cool#9
    Yessss, cool#9 this what we need here.