saunier duval technical fault

Dear Sirs
    I recently pumped down the refrigerant in a split heat pump system, before I did this I tested all the operations which were all ok, I stored this unit for 6 months inside our spare bedroom and have just re installed for a friend who doesn’t have much money due to he takes in stray dogs and wanted the cooling and heating mainly for the dogs when they are indoors. I pressure tested with nitrogen, purge n2 whilst brazing, the gas charge I pumped down is enough for the pipe run as it is the same as the original lengths.

I switched the unit on to commission and the remote controller will not operate the indoor at all with no bleep sound, I thought that the remote controller may be faulty so purchased two different types of universal remote controllers one had 508 codes on and one had 400 codes on did a auto search but it did not find the code or the fault is in the indoor unit on one of the boards or I have also tried with the outdoor unit electrically disconnected. The indoor unit has the green power led flashing on/off and the red sleep led is continuously on
    The system is r22 the outdoor unit is a sdh050w and the indoor is a sdh050w1 heat pump system 5.1kw cooling.
    Please could you tell me if you have had this fault before and what was wrong or how to confirm which part is defective.Tried all the manufacturers accross the world still waiting a reply
    Many thanks

Blog Entries

Re: saunier duval technical fault

On the indoor unit you probably have button for manual switch-on. Press that button and see what is happening.
    Also, triple check your wiring.

Any use / no mention of a vacuum pump?

thanks brainiac rechecked wiring over 3 times as there is so many variations to wiring these various models as they standardised them then add the parts for the other models this is the basic heat pump model with no circuit in the outdoor unit.The wiring is done to the wirng in the install book and unit diagrams.Pushing the manual button does bring it to life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acsspain View Post
    thanks brainiac rechecked wiring over 3 times as there is so many variations to wiring these various models as they standardised them then add the parts for the other models this is the basic heat pump model with no circuit in the outdoor unit.The wiring is done to the wirng in the install book and unit diagrams.Pushing the manual button does bring it to life.
    Then change batteries in your remote and, if it has, you could also press reset button (with pike in small hole or maybe you need to short circuit two terminals) on remote which is situated at behind or under battery lid and sometimes designated as ACC.
    Also you could check if your remote sends IC rays to AC if you have video camera, digital photo, or mobile phone with camera by pointing remote to camera and pressing buttons on remote. You should see white flashes from remote.
    That doesn't necessary mean that your remote is OK, but could indicate that problem is in IR receiver at your AC.

Sometimes it helps if you wipe IR receiver ( and filter IR lence at mask) with alcohol.
    Last edited by nike123; 08-06-2008 at 10:04 AM.

electrocoolman i know you dont know me yet but i am probably one of a few qualified people in this region of spain 4 years at college city guilds 2 and 3 (that was what it was in my day) 24 years doing air con install service etc.I did use a vacuum pump down and holding at 2 torr, as i always acheive this in spain as it is so dry here you do not need to carry out a triple evacuate.Sorry i forgot to put on about the vac pump the reason i put the procedure down was that i didnt want replies like yours i wanted people to know i was qualified so not to get the simple replies like yours but just the answers that are relevent to the fault. Im not downing you as i have read a lot of posts on the forum and it seems a lot are not qualified or experienced so they should not be doing the job so hopefully the new regulations will get rid of the cowboys, hence i would have mentioned to them the correct procedures. In spain that is all i get out here it keeps me busy going behind them but is annoying they get most of the new installs as they can do cheaper as bashing in a split in 2 hours, we know is impossible as the minimum requirement to pressure test is 1 hour which we know is bad practice as proper engineers leave over night as they always have,they dont use nitrogen as dont know where to get it or due to the cost, then you have to vac it which they dont,and also need to install it so i price to do correctly hence dont win many installs and they go in pricing on 2 hours labour, cross there fingers switch on then speed off, if it fails they call in the manufacturers at there cost as it is done out here it is the manufacturers warranty not the installers.I only use the manufacturers warranty after i check it first and if i need a part and i normally ask to fit it as they normally come out break another part fitting it scratch the covers or break something in the owners property etc.

hello brainiac done all that as i 1st thought was remote controller but after trying 2 universal remotes i feel it is the receiver board or one of the other indoor boards but i need to know how to test them to prove which one is faulty i have the hand books now but do not mention the testing of the boards
    many thanks

Blog Entries

hello brainiac done all that as i 1st thought was remote controller but after trying 2 universal remotes i feel it is the receiver board or one of the other indoor boards but i need to know how to test them to prove which one is faulty i have the hand books now but do not mention the testing of the boards
    many thanks
    Only economical way to test these boards is by changing first IR receiver board and then, if that doesn't help, controller board.
    You could, as I often do, if you have tools and knowledge, change IR receiver part, with similar from local electronics part shop, but, that is not always economical solution.

did you look at the Voltage, is it in need of a clean Neutral,(bleu) so the voltage must not be higher as 70Volts.

did you try to run the comp. manual ,by relay?
    the have only 5 wires,try and reverse the ones ho commands the 4way valve.

try the test button,insite, move it on all its possibilitys. there can be dust or durt problems.

if its was working before,and replased proffesionaly,it have to be working again.

suc6 M8, Ice

BTW, saunier duval is called "Renova " in belgium.

grtz, Ice

hello icecube51 it was working before and replaced by a pro being me but it isnt working now the other stuff you mentioned is ok i just need the info to test the boards if you have it .thanks for your time

do you have a type and year number.i look it up here.
    i now a guy ho works for renova and only renova.

Ice

hello
    thanks very much for trying to help there are still nice people in the world it just hard trying to find them
    The year is not on the name plates but looking at the install books i found i think it is between 1998 to 2000 as it is on r22 as i think after this they went to 407c
    the model of the indoor is sdh050wi 5.12kw cooling(is heat pump) serial 05010580
    the model of the outdoor unit is sdh050w

Yo M8,

i had my friend online this morning and he told me to go to the official sit of saunier, www.sdclima.com

there is no need of a login or password, go to the tech pages and type youre model an year,there you get the public manual as the tech manual.

he told me that you are writh on the source,because the are made in spain.

suc6, Ice

Yo, i found the site of duval,and you have to go to where you will find the dossier file.

yuo will see

everything is there

good luck

Ice

Hi, thanks for that you have been very helpful, however that was one of the first things I did, I printed the manuals off and they do not tell you how to test the boards, to find why the remote controller is not operating the unit.

did you go to the "dossier" section and selected the correct unit ? i had a look at the site and found many usefull tech specs. the even discribe the pcb's whit parts and communications.

i also found on page 20 & 22 there is a fuse on the pcb board, did you check it ?

are there any leds shining ore blinking,?? and whitch one?

Ice

SD After sales help line in Spain.
    Cheers
    Jay

Blog Entries

Hi, thanks for that you have been very helpful, however that was one of the first things I did, I printed the manuals off and they do not tell you how to test the boards, to find why the remote controller is not operating the unit.
    OK! Even if this is not intended for regular AC guy, I will give you picture of how it is done.
    This is from Fujitsu manual and should be very similar for your case.
    You need oscilloscope, 5VDC power source and 10Kohm resistor (1/2W).
    (if you wish to abort and proceed with swapping of PCB-s, this is the right time)
    Remove your IC receiver board from air conditioner and find corresponding pins (compare your electric diagram with this one) on that PCB connector. Then, check that wave form is as described here, while you pushing buttons on remote facing receiver.

If Waveforms are not OK you have IC receiver PCB ( IC receiver or stamped circuit) faulty, and, If it is OK, than main PCB is faulty (DC 5V is not fed to IC PCB or circuit for IC signal to controller is interrupted, or controller is faulty) .

Hapy, electronics faultfinding!

thats all very very nice, but not all of us have an oscilloscope.
    there should be an easier way to check things like that,don't you agree??

someday a very very clever guy or girl will find the trick,and hopefully will tell us

Ice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icecube51 View Post
    thats all very very nice, but not all of us have an oscilloscope.
    there should be an easier way to check things like that,don't you agree??

someday a very very clever guy or girl will find the trick,and hopefully will tell us

Ice
    I already explained that easier (and cheaper) than this is by changing IC receiver or whole receiver PCB. Next more advanced step than that is this one. You cannot do anything in between.

Sorry for delay have been working away from home as now summer has started in spain work is busy.
    hello thanks for that i to do not have one so that is out of the question i am finally going to phone up saunier spain this morning and see what waffle they come up with as i keep saying i am as qualified as they come 4 years at college top of the class in every year and apprentice of the year 24 years install service, repair etc etc
    getting bored repeating myself.
    thanks for your help everyone i will let you all know so if anyone else has this problem you can let them know, i had the same fault on a brand new airwell twin system the other day that was easy to find as i had a spare board to swap and try and that was the receiver board so i am hoping that will be the same as it is the cheapest board
    thankyou all