CPS Manifold and charge hoses

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else experienced CPS charge hoses leaking where connected to the CPS manifold? I have tightened it up as much as possible by hand and even tweaked it but still they leak!

Cheers

Re: CPS Manifold and charge hoses

No but i dont buy cps gear because it is crap
    Have you tried changing the gaugeline rubber seals though ?
    Transvestites are men who like to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Really The manifold and hoses are brand new!

Hmmm, perhaps I should get some new hoses tomorrow from HRP. What ones would you recommend?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philfridge View Post
    No but i dont buy cps gear because it is crap
    Have you tried changing the gaugeline rubber seals though ?

Even better change the whole gauge set if possible, See what hrp say first they may exchange them anyway
    Transvestites are men who like to eat, drink, and be Mary.

true, fingers crossed Might see if they would exchange for Refco or somik.

Quote Originally Posted by philfridge View Post
    Even better change the whole gauge set if possible, See what hrp say first they may exchange them anyway

Yeah, had a set with manifold passing. Changed them and found the new ones to be passing too. Use ITE gauges now

Really, was it from where the hoses connect to the manifold? I hope HRP change these tomorrow, not going for another CPS set.

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    Yeah, had a set with manifold passing. Changed them and found the new ones to be passing too. Use ITE gauges now

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Really, was it from where the hoses connect to the manifold? I hope HRP change these tomorrow, not going for another CPS set.
    It was from one side to the other. If i just connected high side to a unit and had low side gauge line capped, the LP gauge would start creeping up. Same thing was happening if only the low side gauge was connected.

ah right, my set are just leaking on Hi and Lo sides from where the hoses connect, not good when trying to leak test!

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    It was from one side to the other. If i just connected high side to a unit and had low side gauge line capped, the LP gauge would start creeping up. Same thing was happening if only the low side gauge was connected.

My boss got me a set of CPS gauges with the grey plastic knobs. When you shut the gauges the knobs would just keep turning when the gauges were shut because the platics knobs were junk. He blamed me for shutting them to tight. Any way when his gauges broke he ordered a sparkling new set of CPS gauges and guess what after the second use the knobs just kept spinning. I had a little chuckle as he got frustrated about it.

Luckily a customer broke mine by knocking them off the hook one day much to my dissapointment. I bought my own refco gauges which are miles better and he's gonna try and buy some metal knobs for his! YOu buy cheap tools it makes the job longer!

To be honest I don't know if they are cheap or not, just asked HRP to supply a manifold and stick it on account. Oh well, will sort in the morning hopefully.

Cheers guys,

Jami

Quote Originally Posted by richelli View Post
    My boss got me a set of CPS gauges with the grey plastic knobs. When you shut the gauges the knobs would just keep turning when the gauges were shut because the platics knobs were junk. He blamed me for shutting them to tight. Any way when his gauges broke he ordered a sparkling new set of CPS gauges and guess what after the second use the knobs just kept spinning. I had a little chuckle as he got frustrated about it.

Luckily a customer broke mine by knocking them off the hook one day much to my dissapointment. I bought my own refco gauges which are miles better and he's gonna try and buy some metal knobs for his! YOu buy cheap tools it makes the job longer!

Is it leaking from between knurled nut on the end of the hose and the 1/4 or 5/16 flare bit, change the 'o' ring, or the 1/4 or 5/16 flare bit and the manifold, if its the latter, a bit of thread sealant between the two would seal this up.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    Is it leaking from between knurled nut on the end of the hose and the 1/4 or 5/16 flare bit,
    Jon
    Leaks from the nut, changed manifold to another crappy make from HRP as they don't sell quality ITE or Refco and alike, well our branch doesn't, and they only sell CPS hoses. By sealing them I wouldn't be able to swap em around and dismantle as easy, correct me if wrong. I finally managed to get some ITE hoses, no problems yet Found loads of other leaks from equipment with CPS converts to use R410A hoses though! Seems a big challenge getting vac pumps, gauges etc to connect to 410A hoses.

Oh well. Take care

I've got a Yellow jacket R410A manifold which has 5/16 connections for the hi and lo sides and 1/4 for the middle one so will connect to systems ok and also to vac pump and bottle, no adaptors needed.

Jon

Manufactures (CPS, Refco) seem to be going to "Teflon" hose gaskets because the rubber ones rot with the new refrigerants. Personally I think they're Cr#p. I've found them to be so hard they wont bite into the flare. jmho

Totally agree there I've had 4 leaks on my 4 way CPS and a hose is now doing the same, teflon seals are poo, just like CPS
    Last edited by Walshyd; 14-01-2009 at 06:15 PM.