I’ve registered in the hope of gaining some knowledge from engineers who have relocated abroad or from Australian engineers. I’ve been considering working in Australia for a few years, but the beaurocracy to gain the trade licence alone is quite intimidating. I have just completed an electrical installation certificate, so I’m now freed up to consider my future in the UK. I have many years RAC experience & trade qualifications up to post graduate level. I travelled around Australia about ten years ago so I have no working holiday visa option, I was thinking about just going over there for a holiday & to check out the employment market. I know of someone who went to watch the ashes series & while he was out there went for a job interview. He was successful so he came back home, sold up & moved out. I was surprised he could do this as at the time I had spent months preparing for my TRA licence. Should I go through the time & expense of obtaining the trade license in the UK before I head out there? I’m not sure if I want to emigrate indefinitely, but I would like to enjoy the country & work legitimately for at least a couple of years.