Coalescers - Any Good Suppliers

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any good "engineering" based coalescer suppliers for oil seperators going around. A lot of our local ones in Oz rely on rules of thumb a bit too much so we usually wind up a little uncertain on oil carryover performance.

Cheers

Re: Coalescers - Any Good Suppliers

I'm not sure who the compressor manufacturers are using now, but when I worked for one we used these folks...

http://www.keltecinc.com/home.htm

A portion of your issues with oil separation may be related to the actual design of the separator or the allowable range of operation that impacts the oil separator operation.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

We use Temprite
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Try Domnick Hunter.

Regards

Hello Cold,

For what units are you looking for coalesers?

cheers.
    bart

Try Gordon Brothers and use Mycom / coel's filters if they fit.
    magoo

Local Domnick Hunter reps are pretty ordinary - they may be able to do it - but at quote stage they give you a price for a separator to guarantee 5ppm but when you come to order it - its a different story - double the price - kinda hard to justify the extra cost on a fixed price contract - do not like being held over a barrel. Thanks I will look into the others listed.

If you are looking for an oil separator supplier I might suggest you investigate the sizing requirements yourself, instead of depending on any one supplier.

Oil separators are not too difficult to design, but you do need to know beforehand what the intended operating conditions will be. in some instances you might encounter low discharge pressures or high suction pressures during a process upset or other operating condition. If these two conditions occur during full load operation the oil separator diameter and number of coalescing elements can increase rapidly.

What is your application? The best source will really depend on the size and application.I have use Domick Hunnter fro secondary separation on process screws. If the oil is a really bad issue, you may need to got a carbon bed absorption technology.

Ken

Application is mainly ammonia / ***** / HC based screw compressors for refrigeration in chem / petrochem applications - we currently build our own separators and use standard "rule of thumb" coalescing elements that we adjust the lenght and quantity based on compressor size / mass flow and volume flow to achieve various geometric and velocity parameters as required. We have no issue designing oil separators - just would like a coalescer manufacturer to put their necks on the line for a ppm on discharge.

You need to really watch the wording on any PPM oil carry over guarantee. You need to define your criteria as the PPM of oil in the vapor flow from the oil separator by weight. Some have been know to base the flow on the total compressor mass flow and include the oil weight and some will base the PPM on volume flow.

Just be careful. I know FES Systems use to base their maximum oil carry over as X.X gallons per 100 hours of full load operation. This is apretty much no nonsense approach and easily measured.

Ken

What TXiceman says is very true. However, the issue is the total oil carryover and that the coalescer manufacturers cannot stipulate because the design of the separator itself may control the actual performance of the elements.

If the elements flood out because of surging or something else this can affect the element performance and contribute to re-entrainment in the discharge gas.

Pipe Guest

I know there was a coalescing element manufaturer in Ireland. Has anyone heard of its name?

Ihave seen a job using the porous media corp (USA). The sytem i was working on had unusually small coalescers,but no apparent complaints of oil carry over.

you can contact greenles filters:

http://www.uafilter.com/private/uafh...sreference.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Down Under View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if there are any good "engineering" based coalescer suppliers for oil seperators going around. A lot of our local ones in Oz rely on rules of thumb a bit too much so we usually wind up a little uncertain on oil carryover performance.

Cheers
    Sorry about the slow response CDU.
    But until I had been to one of our sites in particular, I could not remember the full company details
    That I wanted to recommend.
    They are really professional and have supplied ourselves with lots of info and first rate kit in the past.

They are the ones I think Pipe was refering to!
    Dollinger Ireland.

Follow the link below, Hopefully they can or do supply to your beautiful Country.

Cheers Grizzly
    http://www.dollinger-ireland.com/

Ps click on their logo to search further.

Keltec Technolab is the best supplier ever. We used to package Frick, Grasso and Mycom compressors under license and these people can supply technical information according to your needs and help you size your coalescer elements.
    I´m still buying from them oil filters and coalescing filters at excellent prices.

gowri Guest

hi

check this website processregister dot com