Absolute Zero, Daiken manuals

Hello Absolute Zero,

I was just going to PM you but not enough posts and did not want to appear as hijacking the other thread so,

The contracted shipper provides all the manuals for what ever containers they may be using to transport their cargo aboard ship, We get what is called a ship kit again provided by the shipper for their boxes, For example lets say you are A-Z reefer transport corporation and you want to use our ship to haul your customers boxes, It is up to you to provide all the gas, spare parts and service/parts manuals for the ship side reefer man to repair your companies vans, When you have Sea land, APL, Matson, Hapag-Loyd, MOL all wanting to ship their boxes on the same ship it makes for a very convoluted inventory system, Every thing has to be stored and inventoried separately in an environment where any storage space is already at a premium, If I have a Sea land van that goes south on me I can not raid the APL or any other ship kit to repair the Sea land van, Well, OFFICIALLY I can't, So I do not have my own manuals, For ship side it is a real pain to replace lost manuals, Due to ship inherent Snafu's it can take several months before a lost manual is replaced,

And I was going to post this link for you but not enough posts,

This link is the best I could find, This is the actual address for their container website I just separated it so it is not an actual hyperlink any more, it seems that you have to have some kind of Id/password to sign into this but I saw no registration page or maybe I missed something, But if you are working for a shore side contractor or are a contractor yourself you should be able to get some kind of Id from Daiken I think, Or maybe even somebody here may posses a key to the Daiken washroom,

service. daikin. com /new web / container/

Hats off to your Grand dad, That was a bad period of time to be in the Merchant Marine, Ask your Grand dad if he has ever heard of the M.F.O.W, Stands for Marine Fireman Oilers and Water tenders, Believe it or not we still have a few of the old WW2 vets still shipping today, One of my main buddies is 80 years old and still sails, He started shipping in 43, We do not have a mandatory retirement age, Instead it we take an annual physical, you pass the physical, You can ship out,

deu58

Re: Absolute Zero, Daiken manuals

Hi Deu,

What shipping lines are you with ?

I work at the Maersk/Horizon yard in Tacoma, Washington.

Hi Will,

Beautiful Country up there, I used to live out by Stevens Pass,

I ship out of LA with the Marine Fireman, We sail on APL and Matson ships, Those are the only two companies that we have under contract,

Our Reefers also work at the APL terminals in LA and San Francisco

deu58

Thanks due58, I dont have a password for that secured extranet. I did receive manuals for the Daiken Units from Maersk Sealand a few years ago along with some CTC TK, Taylor Gensets, CTC genset, and TK gensets. Unfortunatly the Daiken Manuals were in paper back form vs. Pdf. Thanks for the respectful tribute to my grandfather and the other that served in that time to protect this great nation along with protecting many other nations freedoms and liberty. Next time I see him I shall ask him about the M.F.O.W.