Quote Originally Posted by eamonn493 View Post
Hi Gary "excellent articals on superheat"
1) When you have worked out your superheat or subcool, how do you know what value it should be? no guessing please? only profesional answer.
2) Air on and air off across the evap and cond subtract one from the other gives the difference in temp. what do you do with the temp difference now?
3) I have to repair a high Pressure compressed air cooling system.it uses Refrig- 407C. and they have used a hot gas bypass valve. I believe it has something to do with varying loads how do I check it is set up corectly?
4) the problem is a broken pipe which I have to repair using nitrogen purge during welding. Do i have to change the filter after repair because the filter is welded in place as well.
5) is it illegal to use hoses without ball valves on the ends?
Regarads Eamonn
hey Eamonn,
1#the superheat has to be between 6 and 10K, the subcool between 5 and 8K.
2# it tells you if the condenser is clean or needs to be cleaned.
3#don't touch if you din'd toucht it before, once it is out of balance it is very difficult to get it back in good working ordre. it is one of the most difficult part in the plant to handle.many books has being writtin about those things.
4#if you have to change the filter,try to put some valve's fore and aft the filter. works better that way.
5#some country's ..yes, whit valve's works better for mounting or dismounting the manifold.

thats my opinion,

Ice