Not really asking any advice (although comments are welcome), just venting some frustration.

I was again called to one of our sites where a Mitsi Split A/C unit for a data comms room kept failing.
The unit itself keeps failing on high pressure but comes in on an auto reset (after pressure drops).

The facilies manager keeps complaining that the unit has not been repaired and I am maintaining that we simply can't make any repairs.

The problem is that where the outdoor unit is situated is a 10mx10m outdoor atrium, due to the position of the site, no wind can dissipate the heat as the building acts as a wind breaker blowing the wind over the atrium. Another thing that does not help is the other 34 or so condensing units packed into this tight space.

Today, the ambient was 21'c or there abouts when I responded, I measured the air temp in the atrium to be 40'c, sometimes in excess. The air coming off of the Outdoor coil was 56'c. The suction temp was 10'c, the liquid was 44'c and the discharge was a stupid 102'c!!!!
It was also 6 degrees under it's design temp (supposidly) and was already pulling more than its Full Load Amps.

Another thing is that did not help is the fact the unit was on R407C, and after checking the serial no. with Mitsi, they told me it was an old R22 unit.....

Aside from employing someone to keep hitting the reset on the controller each 10 minutes or so, there is nothing else I can do (short of relocating it)....

I would just like to know 1. If there are any other service engineers who have been put into such a situation because of rubbish design or installation
2. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers