Putnam Guest

TCPIP protocols - exactly defined

TCPIP protocols - exactly defined.

We are pretty much geared up to use Carel/Emerson/Danfoss etc. workstations remotely to sites. Remote Desktop and VPNs work well for this. It is mostly about getting the right people the right keys to get into each store (or the corporate/regional network).
    Remote service is a dream when the stores are networked up CORRECTLY *sigh*. Easy to get to from home/corporate. Easy all around.

BUT we need a handful of data (temperature, pressure, warnings, etc.) made available minute to minute to the BMS (see elsewhere on the forum for BMS references to Priva, Cylon, Siemens [Desigo], Trend, Johnson, etc.) and to enterprise systems (data stores for compliance and later data mining) and to energy management systems (like offerings from ABB, Schneider, Siemens Energy and so on).

So who amoung the refrigeration controls providers has the best open defined TCPIP data protocol and data model for data exchange?

Note we are happy to use the refrig. provider's offerings for pure refrig. analysis. They do an excellent job (think things like HACCP compliance, and refrigerant monitoring) and they provide great value, BUT the need is for cross referencing the refrig. data to other things like lighting, electric consumption, security, heating and cooling of the store.

The BMS systems are easy - they use LON or XML or BACnet - and as long as they have properly /exposed/ such data as is needed, then it is easy to read and cross reference.
    Plants (automobile, food processing, paper, semiconductor, etc.) are even easy when the have Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP - though there is no data /model/ at least there is usually a data map somewhere on paper or on the Internet.

Refrigeration systems do not seem nearly so easy...
    Anyone got XML? (and the schema/XSLT?)
    Anyone got BACnet? (and the BIBBs?)
    Anyone got SNMP? (and the MIBs?)
    Anyone got Modbus RTU/TCP? (and a documented data register map?)

And I guess I am not looking for rumors ,
    I am asking for someone who has /used/ TCPIP data exchange (out of the box) and can point to technical documentation about HOW to do such.

Thanks muchly, Putnam

Re: TCPIP protocols - exactly defined

These people are good and I have used their controls to teach DDC(TCP/IP) protocal and ask to speak to Ray Kamal
    http://www.computrols.com/contact

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    TCPIP protocols - exactly defined.

We are pretty much geared up to use Carel/Emerson/Danfoss etc. workstations remotely to sites. Remote Desktop and VPNs work well for this. It is mostly about getting the right people the right keys to get into each store (or the corporate/regional network).
    Remote service is a dream when the stores are networked up CORRECTLY *sigh*. Easy to get to from home/corporate. Easy all around.

BUT we need a handful of data (temperature, pressure, warnings, etc.) made available minute to minute to the BMS (see elsewhere on the forum for BMS references to Priva, Cylon, Siemens [Desigo], Trend, Johnson, etc.) and to enterprise systems (data stores for compliance and later data mining) and to energy management systems (like offerings from ABB, Schneider, Siemens Energy and so on).

So who amoung the refrigeration controls providers has the best open defined TCPIP data protocol and data model for data exchange?

Note we are happy to use the refrig. provider's offerings for pure refrig. analysis. They do an excellent job (think things like HACCP compliance, and refrigerant monitoring) and they provide great value, BUT the need is for cross referencing the refrig. data to other things like lighting, electric consumption, security, heating and cooling of the store.

The BMS systems are easy - they use LON or XML or BACnet - and as long as they have properly /exposed/ such data as is needed, then it is easy to read and cross reference.
    Plants (automobile, food processing, paper, semiconductor, etc.) are even easy when the have Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP - though there is no data /model/ at least there is usually a data map somewhere on paper or on the Internet.

Refrigeration systems do not seem nearly so easy...
    Anyone got XML? (and the schema/XSLT?)
    Anyone got BACnet? (and the BIBBs?)
    Anyone got SNMP? (and the MIBs?)
    Anyone got Modbus RTU/TCP? (and a documented data register map?)

And I guess I am not looking for rumors ,
    I am asking for someone who has /used/ TCPIP data exchange (out of the box) and can point to technical documentation about HOW to do such.

Thanks muchly, Putnam
    We, Trane, use BACnet, Lon, SNMP, Modbus. You name it we use it. Our chiller can communicate over lon and modbus. Our Controllers can communicate trough lon, BACnet.

Any list, with parameters and settings, that is available from our controllers can be downloaded from the internet. When you need more then the standard parameters you'll have to get Trane out there.

Same goes, as far as I know, for the other suppliers.

Putnam,,

Have you checked out a company called Computrols? I know they have TCPIP controllers that talk to a variety of different devices including bacnet, N2, OPTO, CSI, modbus, and other such protocols.

They also have their own line of DDC controllers to monitor all type of analog or digital devices. Also they have a access control system and fire system.

computrols.com

Take a look at emerson cpc E2 controllers , very easy to set up on TCPIP plus ultrasite package has a network version for multiplesites using a LAN or WEB check out the emerson website, danfoss carel and Dixell also have all the toys you sound like need

TCP/IP can be completely understand by reading the book by TODD LAMLE.
    for more further explaination u may refer to to DATA Communication by Forozaun.