Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: fault on a daikin Roundflow

I have also tried this but the outdoor wont run because the capacity is too large with only 1 indoor connected up.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

This is a strange one! Maybe you have already tried this but I thought I would suggest anyway. Switch the power off to the system and connect the remote controller to the slave unit and enter service code 11-0-01. Power the system off and connect to the master unit and set the same service code 11-0-01 this would mean that as far as both indoors are concerned they are stand alone systems as they would be from the factory. Also when you have the controller connected check mode 41 and read the two sensors return air and coil. Cant help feel that it will be someting silly thats wrong here!

Daikin have agreed to come out to have a look at it but on the 30th of June (next monday). I'll be meeting them there to see what the fault was.
    It will be something simple, i know it but i can't find it.

I'll let you know when i find out so nows the time to have a guess and lets see who is right.

Marc

hi there well i would say outdoor boards replace them cheers and good luck

I'm saying faulty remote.

sounds like it is not saving that it s a twin not a split to me.. dunno whose fault that is ? is that the control or indoor pcb ? as both units fans will go when it is master. if you set it then go back has it saved ? and could it have reverted back to factory settings (single split) when powered down for so long while you where reclaiming refrigerent, good luck be interested to hear what the problem is

acbloke Guest

Just my tuppence worth - The address setting can be cured if you put a controller back on both units and clear memory. Then set them up as twin unit again - Daikin engineers can talk you through this. Just reseting power doesn't work. As for the fridge side of things ie seems to be pumping down on start up I had a similar problem recently. I tried blowing through with nitrogen no problems but still blocking when started up. Turned out to be the strainer located just before the EEV that was partially blocked. Replacement solved problem. Hope this helps.
    Oh and I agree - there is no such thing as defeat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by acbloke View Post
    Just my tuppence worth - The address setting can be cured if you put a controller back on both units and clear memory. Then set them up as twin unit again - Daikin engineers can talk you through this. Just reseting power doesn't work. As for the fridge side of things ie seems to be pumping down on start up I had a similar problem recently. I tried blowing through with nitrogen no problems but still blocking when started up. Turned out to be the strainer located just before the EEV that was partially blocked. Replacement solved problem. Hope this helps.
    Oh and I agree - there is no such thing as defeat!!!
    Update, The Daikin engineers arrived today and were as baffled as i am, they checked everything that i had previously checked- inteconnecting wiring, mains wiring, fan motors, boards, thermisters , controllers etc. They were on the phone for hours to their bosses going through the settings on the controllers.
    What i did notice is that when they altered a setting on the controller sometime the "UA" fault would appear, now to get rid of this it was just a case of returning the setting to the original one and the fault would go. So now i'm thinking that maybe the new board that i changed didn't need changing it was just that i put a wrong setting in that Daikin gave me.. all i would have needed to do is change the setting back.

Next he set about trying to run them individually so he disconnected 1,2 and 3 from the master baord and wired straight through onto the slave unit. He then powered down then powered back up, waited for the "88" to disappear and the controller came on on cooling 16DegC but the indoor fan didnt run. He was miffed and couldn't understand it, so i went into the settings on the controller and found 21-2-02 which he had altered. I changed this to 21-2-01 and straight away the indoor fan came on. By this time it was 5.30pm and after speaking to his bosses they have suggested that the other indoor board (the slave) gets replaced. I'm not confident and i told him but he's sure thats all it can be.

The part will be ordered tomorrow and hopefully it will be delivered on Friday , when i will be able to go back, again!

Marc

Bet the customers wishing they'd paid for decent gear now like an LG!
    He who dies with the most Toys, WINS!

Went back to site the other day and fitted the new board so we have changed both master and slave indoor PCB's. As soon as the board was connected it started up and then brought on the compressor and began to start cooling, pressures looked fine and air off each indoor was 11DegC.
    Problem solved- still dont understand it though

Marc

At long last.
    hope the customer is happy.
    Bet your glad to be clear from that mightmare.

Yes i sure am, just disapointed that i didn't manage to solve it myself

Marc

Did you check the back of the PCB for dry joints in the end as I suggested in my earlier post? Honestly I've had this plenty of times when replacing boards from Daikin (new from factory).

If so, check the solder joints of all relays, this is where I've previously found problems.

Fault conditions include external fan defects, and intermittant comms faults. With the vibration of the outdoor unit, you'll find it will occasionally make contact and all will be well, thus intermittant and very hard to trace. Not good at all.

Glad things appear to be resolved either way.
    Last edited by Daikin=Overated; 27-07-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Marc just read the thread. you had any joy yet? sorry no help but very interested to no what happened

justchill Guest

id get a daikin engineer in , then it would be his problem !

The great Daikin Board change dilemma !
    How many times have we had to do that one :lol: Glad its all sorted now, really feel for your customer though, as we have been there many times, using Daikin kit in the past.
    New Boards all round are normally the order of the day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12