Hello,
I read an article about "Reciprocating Compressor Failure Modes" in "www//fridgetech.com". I have some questions about this article and also i want to give some information about my problem...

In article followings was writen:

If there is "Burning of One Half of a Part Wound Compressor Motor" problem, check for the following causes:
1. Faulty control circuit.
2. No interlocks.
3. Blown contactor

Could you please give me detail informations about the folowings:

system information:
There is a cooling unit in one of our customers. It has three compressors and two circuit. One circuit has two compressor. First compressor of the circuit is always running, second compressor is running only when the capacity is not enough.

Problem:
This second compressor was burnt. We checked it and We saw that only one of the winding of compressor was burnt. (compressor has two winding)
And the rest of the compressors were working very well. If there is a problem on control circuit i think the other winding of second compressor was burnt. Could you please tell me how can i understand There is an interlock problem or contactor problem?
Can you give me some informations about "interlock problem", "contactor problem" or the other reasons you thought?

I am waiting for your comments urgently.
Best regards