Hello everyone,

I inherited a hotpoint mistral from father in law when he updated his kitchen. So far it's been ok (read this forum a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the amount of problems people have with it!)

Until a few weeks ago, when I noticed stuff in the freezer was getting frost on it (its meant to be a frost free!?) I came on this forum, and read all the mistral threads, and thought, ok I'll turn it off, take off the back panel and see what I can see.

I was expecting to see loads of ice or something, but there wasn't really - I mean there was a bit here and there, but nothing major.

However, there loads of what looks like orangy dust over the inside of the freezer, and particularly behind the panel at the back which I removed. It looks like copper dust I think, and it seems that the fan has been blowing it round the inside of the freezer. Was going to try and remove the next panel too, but some of it seems to be made of polystyrene, and I was a bit reluctant to start fiddling in case I damaged it.

Any ideas what's going on??

All help/advice very greatly appreciated!

Polly