We are expecting a project for Ice Cream The system has to be with NH3. The total heat load has been assessed by us is 15 TR at -38 oC Te and 40 oC Tc.

We are planning to use one Vilter-Frick India reciprocating open type 2 stage compressor. There shall be 2 nos of Evaporators inside the room, each of 50% of the totl load. The Condenser shall be of the Evaporative Type.

I am not much aware of NH3 plants and whatever I have learnt is from this forum. Now prior to the finalisation of the project, I would like to prepare myself. What I have learnt from the RE, that for such application, Liquid Overfeed is very effective. How do I assess the capacity of the Liquid pump ? I presume One pump shall be suffecient to for the 2 Evaporators.

Since importing the vessels would be very expensive, I would also like to know the details of the vessels required so that accordingly i may get it constructed here. The Evaporator shall be imported.

There will be more questions, and your patience and reply shall be highly appreciated.