Industrial water chiller

I will appreciate any friend to tip me or suggest what to be done to design the industrial water chiller, for tank capacity 5000gallon, ambient temp.45deg.C and design temp will be 20deg.C , I would like to know if cooling load estimation can be done through cold storage design software or there is special software related to water cooling load?, I like to share experience of friend on this , as it is the first time this come to me as challenge and i preffer to have great idea instead of biten about the bush, any idea is welcome,and I am appreciating software and other tips , thanks in advance

Re: Industrial water chiller

You shall need Temp difference i.e. cooling water from Which temp to desired temp. If the entire water is to be cooled in the tank, what is te time for cooling from its high temp to low temp. Then the calculations are very easy

[quote=smpsmp45;103167] , thanks smpsmp45, the temperature difference will be 25deg.c, cooling time average will be 6hrs,

I will be greateful to have your experience shared and your special advice is highly appreciated.
    Ibraheem

The heat laod shall be

GPM x Delta T / 24
    (5000 / 6 /60) x 25 / 24 = 14.6 TR

But how does the water come to the chiller. You shall need a scheme to cool that water with a delta T of max 10 Deg F ( Or a Plate Heat exchanger to achieve that high Delta T across the evaporator

Hi, my friend, a lot of thanks to you, I had simillar case this week and even bigger system, as I was given flow rate of water 70liter/sec, this seem too big to me , as they have water tank of volume capacity of 36000liter,delta T will be 17 Deg C , this chiller water inlet will be 45Deg and out let temp 28 Deg C , I am confusing should I use the given flowrate to calculate the cooling capacity or I have to deal with tank capacity only to select the chiller capacity? I would like to share your rich experience on this issues as Iam dealing with water chiller for the first time, this system water wil be coming from even cooling tower before entering to chiller at temp.45Deg C.