mitsubishi 6607 error

hi,
    have to tackle this error tommorrow and dont really have much experience with mitsu, the manual has a list amile long with possibilities.... can anyone give me the common causes for this alarm, what should i lookj out for...?

rgrds

Blog Entries

Re: mitsubishi 6607 error

There are two Mitsubishi (Electric and Heavy Industries)
    and lot of models. What is your case?

From the error code I assume it's an Electric.

City Multi
    Communication error - No ACK return the MNET cannot communicate with the address given, check for 30VDC at TB5 on that address possible address board error

Mr Slim R410A
    Non defined error code, reset outdoor power, non power inverter outdoor fitted, wrong remote controller, indoor or outdoor board faulty

Mr Slim R410A
    NO ACK signal check A-Mnet wiring, range of transmission wiring exceeded, faulty A-Mnet converter

Mr Slim R407c
    Non defined error code, reset outdoor power, non power inverter outdoor fitted, wrong remote controller, indoor or outdoor board faulty

Mr Slim R407c
    NO ACK signal check A-Mnet wiring, range of transmission wiring exceeded, faulty A-Mnet converter
    Last edited by The Viking; 18-04-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by philjd26 View Post
    hi,
    have to tackle this error tommorrow and dont really have much experience with mitsu, the manual has a list amile long with possibilities.... can anyone give me the common causes for this alarm, what should i lookj out for...?

rgrds

6607 is transmission and reception error(no ACK error)

City Multi VRF system ?
    If the site has a G50 or Mj103 central controller it will report 6607 for the outdoor unit & all indoor units connected to it when the 3ph power is lost at the outdoor unit.
    This is because the 30v d/c M-net communication voltage is generated at a transformer in the outdoor unit. Then every unit & local remote controller connected to that outdoor unit superimpose communication data onto the 30v d/c.
    So in this case if no power to outdoor unit then the centralised controller cannot get any reply from any unit connected to that outdoor unit & will report 6607 fault for all the units.

Provided all units are still connected to the M-net 30v d/c & have not changed address settings then they can all communicate. Even if 240v power is switched off at any indoor units they can all still communicate on the M-net.
    This is completely different to most other VRF/VRV systems which operate on 5 to 12v d/c & will stop on a comms fault if 240v switched off at any indoor unit.
    Ask for the O&M manual & hopefully there will be an as installed drawing showing the M-net address for all the units.
    Start at the outdoor unit confirm address & 30v d/c then work arround the system to confirm address of all units & 30v d/c.

As you have noted 6607 covers a multitude of sins but with the fault code is also the address which has the problem. Because the address setting is in 99% cases manually set on every unit in most cases just need to find the unit which is when the as installed drawings come in real handy.

Good luck

hi

thermatech- have touch screen central control think its the Mj103, i know that there is juice at the out door unit and have only seen the error been displayed on the c/c.... the other thing is i ran all associated indoors to this unit, and the outdoor is does feck all.... any ideas?, i will confirm all address and comm dcv tommorrow...thanks for the reply therma have a idea of approach..thanks again lads..

rgrds phil

saillar Guest

I took a quick look at the tech manual for a Mitsubishi PUHY c/u and it looks like a communication error with lots of choices for the error. I have never had that error so I wish you luck in finding it. If you don't have the tech manual for the system you are working on you can probably find it here in pdf form.

Copy & paste since this website won't let me post URL's

mrslim.com/customerCare/resources.asp

I would be curious to hear what the problem what the problem was.