Question Please I need help

hello my friends
    Please I need help about Hard-Start Kit.I just see this on the paper but I dont understand well about this.It was "draw diagram showing Hard-Start Kit connections and explain how it works". So my best friends please help me to understand this well.

Re: Please I need help

Here's a link to a Tecumseh service bulletin that should help you out.

http://www.hvacrinfo.com/Tecumseh_bu...compressor.pdf

Other bulletins: http://www.hvacrinfo.com/tech_ae_index.htm

A bit more info, are you wiring in manufacturers gear, after market gear?
    What are you wiring it to, a custom refrigeration system, a manfacturers condensing unit? What make/model etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mwinjuma View Post
    hello my friends
    Please I need help about Hard-Start Kit.I just see this on the paper but I dont understand well about this.It was "draw diagram showing Hard-Start Kit connections and explain how it works". So my best friends please help me to understand this well.
    Single phase motors have zero starting torque.
    To overcome this problem a start winding is added and start capacitors are used to produce some phase shift.
    The more capacitance present the closer to a 90 degree phase shift and the greater the starting torque (the inductance of the start winding itself cancels some of the phase shift form the start capacitor).
    At startup an induction motor pulls current limited by the resistance of the windings (very low) and the inductance at 50 Hz of the windings and iron present in the motor.
    The faster the motor can be brought up to operating speed the faster this excess current (and its heating effects) can be reduced the better for long term reliability.
    The typical hard start kit adds some additional start capacitance and a 'timer' to pull it out of the circuit.
    Just about anything that can reduce the starting current demand will improve long term reliability.
    Many units come with hard start kits already installed, and just about all the rest recommend them if the run to the unit is long or prolonged starting is present.
    A larger start capacitance is never a problem. Capacitors are expensive, and the engineering around the selection of the cap value is to minimize the capacitance needed to save money.