Hybrid View

Re: FFA90 thermistor problem (FFM90 / FFS90)

Hello tonto33. The baffle is working - I have taken the top cover off in the fridge compartment and the baffle opens / closes and the duct is not blocked. The fan is also free and operates when required.

I initially took the back panel off the freezer compartment and there appear to be 2 thermistors - one at the bottom left and one near the top - I can't remember the colours - red / blue (as I have already fixed the panel back on)? They are about 2cm long x .5cm diameter - with a white cable going to the junction box.

These are wired into the junction box near the thermal fuse. I assumed that these are thermistors. If not -what are they please?

?????????
    Last edited by Mel_P; 12-04-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Here are the sensors:

(tried posting image link but not yet allowed)

There is a white one top left above the cooler

There is a white one with a red mark on the lead about an inch from the sensor head bottom left

Sensors have rounded end.

UPDATE - left off overnight - woudn't come on - took off back panel - warmed up bottom sensor with fingers - Compressor BURST into life no cooling !!! Lets see how long it runs for?

??
    Last edited by Mel_P; 12-04-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Hi heres the link to the service/installation manual if you have`nt got it.

http://imagebank.indesitcompany.co.u...ce/HBFFA90.pdf

Its pdf so have to download it.

I have this fridge/freezer myself so i`ll have a look at it in a bit and see if i can see anything.
    If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Damo

Thanks CM - I still have paper issue - but it stops where I want to start - all is OK when it's working - but the unit has stopped (switched itself off andcompletely warmed up) twice in a week and restarting it seems to require the bottom sensor ro be warmed up.

I think I need the "service" manual - it appears on some web site for £23 + post - I may have to splash out - unless you know a link to this?

Mel P

Hi Mel_p

I cannot find any manuals other than the one i posted above.

I had a quick play with my fridge(ffa97)its roughly the same and fiddled with the sensors,each time it flashed a fault on the display panel.Are you getting any error readings when the fridge has stopped?

Hotpoint are not really helpfull when it comes to revealing spare part codes other than ice trays.

The only other thing to suggest is phoning hotpoint or currys technical and asking them what type of sensors they use and if they can source one for you.

Other than that,there are a few really good guys on this forum who are`nt online at the moment who could help,but it just means waiting for them to respond.
    If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Damo

No error codes - just stops and warms up. Then I have got it going by "overwarming" the bottom (red) sensor - I presume a thermistor.

I have requested spares from "partmaster" and am awaiting their response - they requested serial number which I have supplied.

Thanks, Mel

Uploaded pics?
    (just found you can attach)!
    Attached Images Attached Images