Thread: can we get sick

Unhappy can we get sick

hi, people after recovering from a nasty bug which has floored me(never usualy ill) i wondered if there was any tests that we can gat on ourselves at our gp to rule out germs from totaly un maintained a/c
    does anyone know out there what we can catch
    i do not work with cooling towers, anyhelp would be of help and a education, my boss does not like me wearing a mask in front of customers.

Re: can we get sick

Quote Originally Posted by still learning View Post
    hi, people after recovering from a nasty bug which has floored me(never usualy ill) i wondered if there was any tests that we can gat on ourselves at our gp to rule out germs from totaly un maintained a/c
    does anyone know out there what we can catch
    i do not work with cooling towers, anyhelp would be of help and a education, my boss does not like me wearing a mask in front of customers.

Without wanting to scare you "yes there are bugs out there that will hurt you"

If you are worried you should book yourself an appointment with you GP.

There are lots of bugs but fortunatley there arn't many that will cause serious - serious harm.

But it is possible to catch legonella. Legonella in a normal fit person will give flu like symptoms. it is a respiratory illness and can cause pneumonia in severe cases. A colleague of mine caught it about 15 years ago and it knocked him up bad but because he was fit it was no more worse than a bad flu.

Have you got flu like symptoms, if you are worried see your GP
    Gets lots of vitimin C inside you.

Cheers taz

Case of a guy ending up with half his face paralysed from some thing he got from changing a filter from a large office tower.

So ya, best way to protect your self? Alcohol wipes, most the nasties you'll catch will be from your hands.

the mg ponys post looks frightening.
    i have seen my gp but wasnt offered a blood test
    and tested lungs and blood pressure, and was given antibiotics. i am on the mend but slowly.
    i take it that a blood test would show a person to be a carrier of legonella. is this possible