warrenbuddy Guest

Frick RWB II 177H 400 Hp problems

I have a 400 horse screw in my ammonia refrigerated plant that is giving me fits. We manufacture ice as well as store in two vaults.

The screw runs fine until it has been at 100% with a slide stop of 3.6 to 3.8 VI for five minutes or so then sounds as if somebody is hitting the brakes on it. The amps jump to high shutdown and off it goes.

I have calibrated it, changed the oil, replaced the slide stop and slide valve Yuken valves, and had the motor checked by my local motor rebuild shop. The motor seems to be in good shape and thermal scan shows no significant problems in the starter can.

Anybody ever have one do this???

Re: Frick RWB II 177H 400 Hp problems

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbuddy View Post
    I have a 400 horse screw in my ammonia refrigerated plant that is giving me fits. We manufacture ice as well as store in two vaults.

The screw runs fine until it has been at 100% with a slide stop of 3.6 to 3.8 VI for five minutes or so then sounds as if somebody is hitting the brakes on it. The amps jump to high shutdown and off it goes.

I have calibrated it, changed the oil, replaced the slide stop and slide valve Yuken valves, and had the motor checked by my local motor rebuild shop. The motor seems to be in good shape and thermal scan shows no significant problems in the starter can.

Anybody ever have one do this???
    Seems you have liquid in suction ..... compressor screaming.... oil pressure became crazy.... amperes high because you pump liquid with compressor for that reason compressor must be almost completely cold even little iced from outside or at least cold wet.....discharge pipe also cold....

switch it on and stay around and check all said, with your hand on emergency stop switch....

.... I know it is terrible noise ....

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.